where are all the end of season track bike deals?? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

where are all the end of season track bike deals??

I have noticed they don't go up until late in the year, sometimes even before spring of next if they even go up on sale.

Jodi is selling his from a couple years ago lol ;)

Where are all the top pro bikes from last year? With them not being put up for sale yet I'll be forced to build another bike from scratch and loose my shirt in a couple years when/if I sell it.

Most of the guys had brand new ones.
Jordan,Kenny,Trevor,Bodi,Ben
all first year 1st gen bikes. i would think they would keep them for at least one more year.

I heard Leon is selling his.

I am surprised i haven't seen any 600's either.

If you are talking in club racing, someone being able to run up front on old junk, then not really....I mean no question that Kellen is a great rider, but the latest crop of Lost Era bikes are so close performance

Lost Era is 600AM Version 2.0 now. Quick bikes with quick riders.

I have noticed they don't go up until late in the year, sometimes even before spring of next if they even go up on sale.

Jodi is selling his from a couple years ago lol ;)

That leaves things way too late. The one I wanted, if available, wouldn't be until the new year which is again too late.

Most of the guys had brand new ones.
Jordan,Kenny,Trevor,Bodi,Ben
all first year 1st gen bikes. i would think they would keep them for at least one more year.

I heard Leon is selling his.

I am surprised i haven't seen any 600's either.

Most probably will keep them for another season depending on how much they have into them and what's offered for next year.

That leaves things way too late. The one I wanted, if available, wouldn't be until the new year which is again too late.

Most probably will keep them for another season depending on how much they have into them and what's offered for next year.
I'm hoping for an 08+ R6 full build but with a stock or very close to stock motor.

I'm currently considering one that everyone knows...but the motor is, not stock.

Last edited:
I have the CSBK Ninja 300 for sale. Complete package including a $2300 parts bin.

Nothing but a bunch of low ball offers out of Quebec.

Other than that we are sticking with all of our Lost Era bikes for 2017. Although I think 1 will get an engine refresh this winter.

I'm hoping for an 08+ R6 full build but with a stock or very close to stock motor.

I'm currently considering one that everyone knows...but the motor is, not stock.

Those bikes are a dime a dozen! You could have a spare stock motor for cheap or refresh the motor and race it for two years.

Those bikes are a dime a dozen! You could have a spare stock motor for cheap or refresh the motor and race it for two years.

There weren't too many 600's that I would expect to be sold.

I've got most of my stuff sorted for next year. I enjoy building my own bike. I learned from building the last one, as much as I hate having the same stuff as everyone else in certain areas it makes sense ie suspension.

Alex Coelho has his bikes up for sale on Wera site too.
Very well sorted. I'd love to have that 600.
I see a few Canadian sellers there asking a fair price.

Seems to me that over the past few seasons the price of a turn key race bike as a package, or straight up track bike, may be up? Still priced far below actual value, but the disparity between race/track bike and its used
street bike value seems closer. Like 'race' or 'track' in description doesn't mean you have to immediately slash the used book value in half regardless of its upgrades. Maybe only applies to approx. 09 and up.

Alex Coelho has his bikes up for sale on Wera site too.
Very well sorted. I'd love to have that 600.
I see a few Canadian sellers there asking a fair price.

Seems to me that over the past few seasons the price of a turn key race bike as a package, or straight up track bike, may be up? Still priced far below actual value, but the disparity between race/track bike and its used
street bike value seems closer. Like 'race' or 'track' in description doesn't mean you have to immediately slash the used book value in half regardless of its upgrades. Maybe only applies to approx. 09 and up.
I go look

A bit off topic but I have a question about lost era legality. I know the bike needs to be 12 years old...but if there were no significant changes to that model can a newer bike be eligible?

A bit off topic but I have a question about lost era legality. I know the bike needs to be 12 years old...but if there were no significant changes to that model can a newer bike be eligible?
Yes. As long as it is mechanically the same it is eligible. For instance in 2017, 2005 model year bikes are legal. However, the 2006 CBR600RR and 2006 ZX-6R are mechanically the same as their 2005 model so they are also legal.

That was a long painful breakfast looking at the WERA ads!
Other than a couple track days I have not really done much, my 04 GSXR600 is a track bike but not a race bike.
Next year I will be racing the SOAR series.

Right now I am on the fence about a new fully track/race set up 600 under $5K or to get my bike set up.
Aaaaaaaand I want an RC51 race bike LOL!!

Other than a couple track days I have not really done much, my 04 GSXR600 is a track bike but not a race bike.

Right now I am on the fence about a new fully track/race set up 600 under $5K or to get my bike set up.

That 04 gixxer would make a decent lost era bike.

If you want an RC51 track bike check Chicago craigslist...

Theres no difference between a track or race bike. You're just competing on the race bike instead of turning laps.

Yes. As long as it is mechanically the same it is eligible. For instance in 2017, 2005 model year bikes are legal. However, the 2006 CBR600RR and 2006 ZX-6R are mechanically the same as their 2005 model so they are also legal.

twas wondering about an 05 636 in lost era. is it 600 lost era legal?

That one is a beauty!

Just picked up a 07 ZX6R race bike that ran very well this season, needs no work for next!
Now to sell the 04 and go after the above RC51.

Back
Top Bottom