When a man hits a woman back | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

When a man hits a woman back

If a girl is attaching me with a knife and I fell my life is in danger, damn right I would do anything in my power to defend myself, but what some people are talking about here is the scenario were the moment a girl hits a guy all bets are off and an upper cut is granted, to me that is cowerly behavior and I would respect a guy that would walk away than a guy that decides to 'teach them a lesson'

Yup, I think Newton's third law, or some appropriate application of it, should apply.

Now I am out.

Me too. Nice chatting with you.

So glad I'm a chick and don't have to worry about this :p That and no one ever seems to want to get on my bad side or try and start **** with me, I guess they're smart.

Or you're a reasonable individual and not like one of these crazy ho's on the vid.. I've only met you briefly a couple of times but you didn't give me the wacko vibe.. I could be wrong, but I doubt it :cool:

ZX600 - We'll never agree on this one, but to me, a bully is a bully is a bully. Doesn't matter if the bully's wearing a skirt or not. If a bully hits me and I think I'll get away with it, my response will be proportionate to the original attack. That also would (and did) go for guys that are much bigger than me. With that being said, I've been fortunate not to have been in a physical confrontation in many years because I avoid idiots who get into those situations and I have a knack for resolving conflict peacefully.

It's never cool for a man to hit a woman, even in self defence - dangerous too, but I suppose in rare circumstances, one might have to defend themselves to avoid grievous harm or death. That retaliatory slapping/punching back nonsense was pretty pathetic - not even defensive. Sad little men IMO.

If a girl is attaching me with a knife and I fell my life is in danger, damn right I would do anything in my power to defend myself, but what some people are talking about here is the scenario were the moment a girl hits a guy all bets are off and an upper cut is granted, to me that is cowerly behavior and I would respect a guy that would walk away than a guy that decides to 'teach them a lesson'

Do I believe woman have the same rights as men? damn right I do. Do i believe woman should get pay as much as man, damn right I do, I think they are more organized and efficient in many cases, but when it comes to physical confrontation, to me woman are not equal to man.

And I find it amazing that most guys in here disagree, well at the end, men are more like woman these days than woman.

^^^

THIS 100%

Its seems there are a lot of guys just waiting to unleash their frustrations on women between this and the Jian Gomeshi thread I really think some guys need to sit down and examine how they view women.

Personally I tend to try and avoid assault charges unless my physical safety is in danger or someone I care about and lets be clear a slap or punch or kick from an enraged women in no way should be life threatening and doesn't need someone to teach them a lesson by beating the crap out of them.

Its seems there are a lot of guys just waiting to unleash their frustrations on women between this and the Jian Gomeshi thread I really think some guys need to sit down and examine how they view women.

Surely this is true for some people but there's always been frustrations between the sexes forever. Women can do some pretty nasty things as well, they just don't come in the form of physical violence but the damage can be just as bad or worse. It's like the difference between assault/property offences and white collar crime. White collar crime has the lowest conviction rate but can do massive damage. In the case we're discussing the man committed an alleged fashion crime. So it's understandable the the woman was relentless toward him.

Surely this is true for some people but there's always been frustrations between the sexes forever. Women can do some pretty nasty things as well, they just don't come in the form of physical violence but the damage can be just as bad or worse. It's like the difference between assault/property offences and white collar crime. White collar crime has the lowest conviction rate but can do massive damage. In the case we're discussing the man committed an alleged fashion crime. So it's understandable the the woman was relentless toward him.

I agree with you

^^This

lets be clear a slap or punch or kick from an enraged women in no way should be life threatening and doesn't need someone to teach them a lesson by beating the crap out of them.

theres a major difference between returning fire, and beating the crap out of them.

Some facts on the topic of returning fire...

1) Many of those "whacha gonna do? hit a woman?" ******* (*) do this on a regular basis, so many guys get physically abused by them
2) There are many things that are illegal but the laws don't get enforced. In most cases cops won't bother with this one
3) I don't wanna live in a society where these ******* (*) can get away with hitting me at will even if it doesn't hurt that much
4) If the cops don't bother, the society has to correct their behavior
5) If one of those ******* strikes a man and a man strikes back, she'll think twice next time she's thinking of assaulting a man, she'll reconsider the "won't hit a woman" bit

(*) I am using the term not as a general reference to women, but as a fitting description of those women who violently assault men, counting on their sense of chivalry to prevent them from defending themselves

1) Many of those "whacha gonna do? hit a woman?" ******* (*) do this on a regular basis, so many guys get physically abused by them
2) There are many things that are illegal but the laws don't get enforced. In most cases cops won't bother with this one
3) I don't wanna live in a society where these ******* (*) can get away with hitting me at will even if it doesn't hurt that much
5) If one of those ******* strikes a man and a man strikes back, she'll think twice next time she's thinking of assaulting a man, she'll reconsider the "won't hit a woman" bit

(*) I am using the term not as a general reference to women, but as a fitting description of those women who violently assault men, counting on their sense of chivalry to prevent them from defending themselves

Yes, and the guy on the subway could have calmly walked over, pushed the emergency strip, and pressed charges against the crazies.

For many of these women, hitting them back will just validate what they're doing.
They have to have things messed up, to go around hitting people, in the first place.

They have to have things messed up, to go around hitting people, in the first place.

In most cases the messed up part is that they've been doing it with impunity for so many years that it became second nature to them. It's a part of human nature. You do something with impunity, you keep doing it knowing you can get away with it.

Let's just put it down as a Cultural difference.

Instant retaliation has good and bad points.

Instant retaliation has a direct cause / effect relationship. Punishment is instant. That's why people don't stick their fingers in light sockets more than once. Instant correction is the best teacher.

You can't train a dog or horse by rewarding or punishing it for its behavior a day or two later.

Deferred punishment lets the perpetrator rationalize or self-justify their actions. Their suck-up friends will tell them they did the right thing. The perp works on the premise that maybe they'll get away with it.

The down side is that you lower yourself to their level, wallowing with pigs. Physical retaliation carries the risk of unknown results. A simple punch or slap could knock someone to the ground, hitting their head. I know a guy that got hit with manslaughter over such a barroom punch.

Men have abused women in far greater numbers than the opposite and the courts have tilted the table in favour of women getting in a freebie. Unless the babe is coming at you with a lethal weapon, duck, run or hide. It isn't worth the fight.

FWIW a buddy and his wife were on the steep slide to divorce and during a verbal exchange she took a swing at him. He ducked and she grazed him breaking a fingernail. Their daughter had called the police already and when they arrived they charged my buddy.

Rule #1 of survival: Avoid bytches.

Instant retaliation has good and bad points.

Instant retaliation has a direct cause / effect relationship. Punishment is instant. That's why people don't stick their fingers in light sockets more than once. Instant correction is the best teacher.

You can't train a dog or horse by rewarding or punishing it for its behavior a day or two later.

Deferred punishment lets the perpetrator rationalize or self-justify their actions. Their suck-up friends will tell them they did the right thing. The perp works on the premise that maybe they'll get away with it.

The down side is that you lower yourself to their level, wallowing with pigs. Physical retaliation carries the risk of unknown results. A simple punch or slap could knock someone to the ground, hitting their head. I know a guy that got hit with manslaughter over such a barroom punch.

Men have abused women in far greater numbers than the opposite and the courts have tilted the table in favour of women getting in a freebie. Unless the babe is coming at you with a lethal weapon, duck, run or hide. It isn't worth the fight.

FWIW a buddy and his wife were on the steep slide to divorce and during a verbal exchange she took a swing at him. He ducked and she grazed him breaking a fingernail. Their daughter had called the police already and when they arrived they charged my buddy.

Rule #1 of survival: Avoid bytches.

The problem is that if they've gotten away with it a few times, your instant punishment counts as deferred.

It's never cool for a man to hit a woman, even in self defence - dangerous too, but I suppose in rare circumstances, one might have to defend themselves to avoid grievous harm or death. That retaliatory slapping/punching back nonsense was pretty pathetic - not even defensive. Sad little men IMO.

I think a slap back is warranted if the girl doesn't back off, it sends a clear message to "**** off, or else". (This is usually where the female chooses to back off, fight back, cry, or yell for help that you're assaulting her)

What is your definition of self defense? What would you do in those situations? A push won't do much if they're on the attack, they'd obviously keep coming back. Slap, punch, take down, a hold - they're all seen as the same act of assault when performed by a male vs female.

All out punching back is a bit much though unless I legitimately fear for my life.

Note: This is referring to a scenario where a female is physically assaulting a male where walking away and talking it out isn't an option.

Last edited:
When someone physically hits you it's poor judgement to think they won't do it again. If they have done it once and you don't do anything to stop it it's more than likely to happen again. That's just the way humans are programmed. We prey on the weak. If anyone hits me I would hit them back. If a confrontation was supposed to happen I would find some way to turn on my phone and record it in any manner. If you do hit a woman no matter the circumstance without proof of it being her doing you will go to jail.

Can't we all just agree it's ok to hit other people under certain (very rare) circumstances and dispense with all the bs white knighting?

Back
Top Bottom