What's your scariest moment on a bike | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's your scariest moment on a bike

Yeah, it's called a warranty. When I bought the tires they had one, so that's what I'd expect. Technically they didn't have to replace the front, but because of the danger it caused to my life and the image of the company, it's in their best interest, so they did.

It seems you still don't understand that there is no warranty on the used $25 rain suit you bought on Kijiji. Not even an hour, let alone a day, let alone the 2 weeks you had it before you even complained. It seems you won't ever understand that, so the question is, are you ever going to let it go? Doesn't look that way, I guess time will tell.

I'm sure you know by now that I'm not giving you a refund, but since that $25 seems so important to you, I'll meet you half way. Drop by any time you want and I'll throw some handfuls of coins at your face.

Is that a threat? You previously stated you wouldn't do the honorable thing and stand behind your word, so not expected now or in future. Nothing to do with money anymore, already chalked that up to dealing with disreputable people...just pointing out the irony. Either way, the ignore function is nice.

Is that a threat? You previously stated you wouldn't do the honorable thing and stand behind your word, so not expected now or in future. Nothing to do with money anymore, already chalked that up to dealing with disreputable people...just pointing out the irony. Either way, the ignore function is nice.

So you think it's appropriate to buy something used on kijiji, keep it for a few weeks, then ask for a refund because it doesn't live up to your standards. Then, when the seller says that's not how private sales work, ***** and whine for MONTHS afterward, first in private messages, then on public forums in more than one thread.

And I'm the disreputable one... Were you saying something about irony?

Last edited:
And no it's not a threat, I'm being serious. Anything you catch in your mouth you can keep.

Reminds me of when I had someone talk me down to less than half the price of a set of forks, bought it and liked it, then called me a week later bitching about a scratch on the forks and telling me I'm a ****** seller.

Reminds me of when I had someone talk me down to less than half the price of a set of forks, bought it and liked it, then called me a week later bitching about a scratch on the forks and telling me I'm a ****** seller.

Hopefully your forks didn't leak like the rainsuit that was sold with the assurance that there was nothing wrong with it.

Hopefully your forks didn't leak like the rainsuit that was sold with the assurance that there was nothing wrong with it.
Maybe people shouldn't buy things used if they aren't sure of the condition and aren't ready to live with their decision.

If you think I ripped you off you might as well come out and say it already. You still never have. You just keep going on about "my word" and "assurances" and "it leaks!"

I've tried reasoning with you, and explaining things to you. I even broke it down into small pieces to help you understand. But you're like a child plugging their ears and screaming the same thing over and over again at the top of their lungs. Ignoring me seems on point with everything you've done so far. You follow me around the forum continually bringing this up, yet you're the one who don't want to hear from me. You're convinced that you should get whatever you want, and you don't want to hear anything else. When I won't give it to you, you resort to attacking my character in public places.

You think it was a leaky rain suit when you bought it, and whether I knew it or not, and no matter how much time went by, you should get to return it. I think it was fine when I sold it to you because that was my experience with it. I don't know if it leaks for you, or what you've done to it, or what your definition of a leak even is, but I'm not responsible for it's condition once it leaves my possession. I can sleep soundly at night knowing I was 100% honest with you when you bought it.

You decided to buy it. I'm sorry you're not happy with your decision, but grow up and be a man. We made a deal and you're expected to stand by that. Letting you return it would be letting you walk all over me, and I'm not doing it.

Last edited:

They leaked like a sealed pressure cooker. He got a smokin deal. Just found it odd for him to call up a week or so later and cry over a scratch that probably occurred when he moved it around in his garage.

Damn double post. May as well share one of my scary moments on the bike.

Slipped on some gravel on a corner while looking at people partyin in front of their house. Ditch was a good 6 foot drop so that got me pretty scared.

Last edited:
Why would you give the $25 back if the whole point was to unload a leaky rain suit, that would be like getting walked all over.

Why would you give the $25 back if the whole point was to unload a leaky rain suit, that would be like getting walked all over.

What makes you think that?

Like I said before, dude was in my house. If I was going to screw people over on Kijiji I wouldn't be inviting them to where I live or selling them $25 worth of anything.

What makes you think that?

Like I said before, dude was in my house. If I was going to screw people over on Kijiji I wouldn't be inviting them to where I live or selling them $25 worth of anything.

You guys don't mind discussing it in public, probably some deets missing but I'm picking up a flavour. It's only $25. It leaks. If it doubled as a Dunnville dinner jacket, maybe but it's a rain jacket. Single use item. It's only $25. It leaks.

New are $60+ depending on what you get. Most used are around $40. I asked $30 so it would move fast. Guy got back within a few hours saying he'd give $25 and pick it up that night. I said sure.

Saw the rainsuit posted on here for sale. Happened to be close by at the time, so made an offer for what I had on me. Was assured, there was nothing wrong with it, so bought it. Didn't ride in the rain till about a week later. Very first ride in the rain, seat of pants were soaked thru to the skin, that's what I consider leaking. Thought seller would honour his assurance. Wasn't the case. No "reasoning", just comments that it's too bad, used item, attitude. Put the facts out here. I consider it a rip off. My review. I'm done with seller. Everyone can make their own decisions.

Wow
If I understand this forum thread thingy on the interweby, Riceburner's "scariest moment on a bike" is when he got his pants wet.

^^^^^^ Like. So much.

Btw did you ride through a monsoon? Anything will "leak" with enough water....

lol @ OldSuzy

You don't think I know the difference? I've ridden in some major storms in different parts of this continent and kept dry with my old gear. Even in monsoon like conditions. This incident was a short half hour commute in mild TO rain. That's the point, it didn't even hold up to that low amount.

lol @ OldSuzy

You don't think I know the difference? I've ridden in some major storms in different parts of this continent and kept dry with my old gear. Even in monsoon like conditions. This incident was a short half hour commute in mild TO rain. That's the point, it didn't even hold up to that low amount.

But apparently in your opinion 18 days is "about a week", so who knows what else you're exaggerating

Back
Top Bottom