What's the dumbest question someone has ever asked you about your motorcycle? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's the dumbest question someone has ever asked you about your motorcycle?

I was on my own fueling up at the gas station on the corner of Trafalgar and 124, just west of Erin...noone else at the pumps...I'm in full gear...guy pulls up beside me and asks if that's my bike...uh, no, it belongs to the invisible person you don't see beside me...lmao

My family is not supportive of my choice to ride.. or many of the other activities I have participated in over my life.

My Uncle was in town and asked me what I did over the weekend?

Me: I was out riding.
Him: Oh, you still have that thing?

Didn't punch him.... so that was a win.

..........any chance I could take yours for a ride to see if I like it?".

Reply "Yes, there is a chance, it's 1 in 30,000,000. You wait here while I decide"

At age 16 my daughter had a guy who liked her and hung around for a month or so before he got the message. He saw my ST1100 in the garage. About 2 years later he calls my daughter up out of nowhere, explains he is taking some beginner bike course, and could he borrow my bike to take the test.............

Reply "Yes, there is a chance, it's 1 in 30,000,000. You wait here while I decide"

At age 16 my daughter had a guy who liked her and hung around for a month or so before he got the message. He saw my ST1100 in the garage. About 2 years later he calls my daughter up out of nowhere, explains he is taking some beginner bike course, and could he borrow my bike to take the test.............
Well... did you let him borrow it for his test? LOLL

When I was a kid and just got my first bike - a Ninja 250. Someone with an R1 or something asked "why don't you get a big boy bike?" Like yeah, sure. Got my M2 last week, gonna go buy a litre right away.

Someone once came up to me asking if my 1989 Honda NC30 was fuel injected....

"Aren't you too old for those things?"
I was in Vicksburg Mississippi picking up a few things at a store and the teenie bopper at the cash asked me the same thing. I was ATGATT, helmet hung on my elbow as a shopping basket.

I said "I like it" but didn't sarcastically ask her what she figured she would be doing when she was sixty plus. Sitting in a rocking chair knitting socks and complaining about the neighbourhood? What sounds like more fun?

I get asked if my bike is diesel a lot.
( but considering it's looks I'd say that suggests some knowledge of bikes on the questioners part)

An old guy admired my Thruxton, mentioned the old days, then asked: "So, does Triumph still make bikes?"

A couple of young guys pulled up in car at a traffic light while I was on my Guzzi, and said "Whoah! Sick bike! Is that an Aprila (sic)?

A cop car beside me at a traffic light, the officer in the passenger seat rolls down the window. "What kind of bike is that?" "It's a Moto Guzzi!", I replied. He nodded knowingly, then asked "So, who makes it?"

Back
Top Bottom