What's for dinner? | Page 25 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's for dinner?

I got mine at Caynes on Doncaster last year for $50 new and it came with a mini one too for dips. Best investment ever to save time cooking. Dinner is made when I get home.

Hopefully tonight's is good.
353a49578d1b38bbcdb655beb4ea8593.jpg

Maple syrup honey garlic chicken legs

Sent from my Pixel using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Need some gtam expertise.
I was going to brown some defrosted stewing beef tomorrow night then add it to a tomato sauce to get tender over a few hours for dinner tomorrow. But, my little guy is begging for tacos. What can I do to use the beef I have for the tacos? Will slicing it small and just browning it work? Or will it be too tough?

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

brown it, then throw the whole mess in the slow cooker with a small amount on tomato sauce, teaspoon of chili powder and after a few hrs shred it with a fork.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Will try to post some pics tonight.

So I decided to just brown it and let it simmer for a couple hours.
Didn't look like enough so I browned some ground beef and added it. Still didn't look like enough so added some leftover chicken breast.
Hopefully it tastes as good as it looks!
167a21e0d4e7913b64a8eb268e2e190d.jpg

I'll be right over....

marbles, how did the chicken legs turn out?????
So it was a split decision; me and the little guy liked it, but my older kid and my wife were not fans.
I didn't find it too chewy at all, but rather a nice change. And I really liked how the spices had the strange way of being noticed a lot more in the aftertaste of eating the beef bits.
Something I don't notice with the ground beef.

Grilled the turkey on the weber summit rotisserie for a second late easter meal. It was fresh never frozen. Came out awesome with lots of beautiful crispy skin, love that grill, but no pics. Just look at my christmas turkey pics here to see the same thing. Scratch home stuffing was one of the best ever (it uses my big ol' lodge cast iron skillet). Amazing gravy as well.

Also did some cold-pickled carrots from some of my garden carrots. Really good. Here's the recipe; half the cooking time for extra crunchy. https://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/simple-refrigerator-sweet-pickled-carrots/

Will be enjoying the leftovers now too.

Grilled the turkey on the weber summit rotisserie for a second late easter meal. It was fresh never frozen. Came out awesome with lots of beautiful crispy skin, love that grill, but no pics. Just look at my christmas turkey pics here to see the same thing. Scratch home stuffing was one of the best ever (it uses my big ol' lodge cast iron skillet). Amazing gravy as well.

Also did some cold-pickled carrots from some of my garden carrots. Really good. Here's the recipe; half the cooking time for extra crunchy. https://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/simple-refrigerator-sweet-pickled-carrots/

Will be enjoying the leftovers now too.

I've found that the smaller turkeys are better tasting than the large factory butterballs, the breast meat on the factory turkeys i find flavourless.

1/2 a pork loin rib half roast (if I cooked the whole thing we would be eating pork for a week)
IMG_4772.JPG

Used "Cool Runnings" seasoned salt for a rub. Dome was at 275 (I need to get a grill level thermometer). Baked potatoes on the side with some fried mixed veggies (basil, garlic, butter).

The gravy came out very salty because of the rub. Still very tasty and lately I've been lacking salt, so we're good.

So it was a split decision; me and the little guy liked it, but my older kid and my wife were not fans.
I didn't find it too chewy at all, but rather a nice change. And I really liked how the spices had the strange way of being noticed a lot more in the aftertaste of eating the beef bits.
Something I don't notice with the ground beef.

Just a thought. When ever I have a hot meal that doesn't taste quite right I find a good shart of yellow mustard covers the sins. In point of fact, lately I've been using large quantities of turmeric in everything as an agent of good health. Stuff'll make any meal taste like industrial byproduct. This is mitigated in large measure by previously alluded to yellow mustard shart. Bonapateet!

I've found that the smaller turkeys are better tasting than the large factory butterballs, the breast meat on the factory turkeys i find flavourless.

I always get a smaller turkey. 4.8 kilo or so for the last several ones. This one was a utility turkey, went with it for the value price this time. Found a 2 inch tear in the skin in an obvious spot, explaining how it made its way to utility grade. Otherwise was perfect. Added butter pads under the breast skin and that was all for the prep.

I rank this one #3 out of the last several. My #1 favourite is fresh PC turkey with norweigan butter. Just amazing and decadent in the butter. #2 is fresh butterball. Great, and another butter injected turkey, which has turned out to be my favourite prep. All of these are fresh turkeys as well, and yes, they are superior to frozen turkeys from my experience because of the texture improvements. Mouth feel is important, and far more so than most people think/realize.

I have that frozen butterball turkey as well for sometime this summer. 4.8 kilo. How could I say no at over half price off :p. I look forward to comparing the frozen butterball to the fresh utility cook, and see which I end up enjoying more.

I've never taken the opportunity to get boutique farm turkey. I have found a source and considered it, but they are expensive and much a bigger size than what I prefer (and would typically want to accommodate for wrt the amount of leftovers). Frankly, if I could get a large crowd, I'd forgo the boutique turkey and go straight to boutique turducken :agave:. The same place does it the true way and all local farm raise meat. You need 20-30 hungry guests though ;).

Nice pork loin rib roast :blob:. Got any pics of a serving? I've never tried a cook, though I've considered it from time to time.

Last edited:
I always get a smaller turkey. 4.8 kilo or so for the last several ones. This one was a utility turkey, went with it for the value price this time. Found a 2 inch tear in the skin in an obvious spot, explaining how it made its way to utility grade. Otherwise was perfect. Added butter pads under the breast skin and that was all for the prep.

I rank this one #3 out of the last several. My #1 favourite is fresh PC turkey with norweigan butter. Just amazing and decadent in the butter. #2 is fresh butterball. Great, and another butter injected turkey, which has turned out to be my favourite prep. All of these are fresh turkeys as well, and yes, they are superior to frozen turkeys from my experience because of the texture improvements. Mouth feel is important, and far more important than most people initially/actually think.

I have that frozen butterball turkey as well for sometime this summer. 4.8 kilo. I look forward to comparing the frozen butterball to the fresh utility cook, and see which I end up enjoying more.

I've never taken the opportunity to get boutique farm turkey. I have found a source and considered it, but they are expensive and much a bigger size than what I prefer (would typically want to accommodate for amount of leftovers). Frankly, if I could get a large crowd, I'd forgo the boutique turkey and go straight to boutique turducken :agave:. The same place does it the true way and all local farm raise meat. You need 20-30 hungry guests though ;).

Nice pork loin rib roast :blob:. Got any pics of a serving? I've never tried a cook, though I've considered it from time to time.

I'm up for some turducken, no one else in the family is game.

Can take a pic of the left over meat. made a nice gravy too. The pork loin rib roast is usually 1.77 a pound at Walmart and no-frills so it's often served in this house.

I remember you mentioning your lack of family interest before. Meal choice is not so much of a voting affair here, haha. Besides, ya'd think most people would like at least one of the meats, and one can get a smaller version so no matter what people aren't inundated with left overs.

As for a recent dinner, anyone following me may have expected this meal next. Fresh home-made Instant pot turkey carcass soup from my recent turkey cook. So easy and just awesome. You'll never want to go back to canned soups :agave:.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Did another pork butt in the pellet smoker today, on at 7AM (Oh the things I do for smoked meat, getting up early on a Sunday) and done 11 hours later.

I did it a little different this time, didn't pan and foil at 160 like I usually do, but just left it fat pad down on the smoker for the entire cook. Heavy rub w/mustard base, but nothing else for the entire cook.

And it was awesome. Pulled pork heaven, and the bark was absolutely fabulous.

Bought a set of these at BBQ World in Whitby last weekend. Best investment ever for the pulled pork fan.

51otAkojXpL.jpg

The iGrill 2 is on sale at Lowes, about 1/2 price. Only reason I don't have one yet is we have to pay other bills first.

Interesting, I see it listed for $69.

https://www.lowes.ca/grill-tools-accessories/idevices-igrillreg-2_g2681883.html

My pellet smoker has a built in temp probe that actually interfaces with the computer - when the meat reaches the set temp it automatically drops the smoker down to a keep-warm phase, so even if you're not home when the meat reaches your desired temp it won't overcook it.

I thought about buying one of the igrill things but in reality it's just a gizmo I wouldn't need - I can almost see the digital readout on the smoker from my couch, after all. ;)

Back
Top Bottom