What work did you do on your bike today? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What work did you do on your bike today?

exactly what I did...tank nearly empty too...started first try. Today I retorqued all the bolts, cleaned and lubed chain, washed bike down and shined everything up, put more air in the tires. Already been out on it but it needed a little once over. Next will be a nice oil change and perhaps some other fluids.

Did all checks yesterday afternoon. Finished the winter gas, it was causing the engine to run rough because of the seafoam.

She should run smooth now. I just realise my bike is 10 yrs old. It also dawn upon me that I've been licensed for 10 yrs, time really flies

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Motor was flooded with gas most likely due to petcock left open by previous owner and me not noticing upon pick up during winter. First time I saw the bike it was running and driving mint, and out of storage, second time I came to pick it up it was winterized and didn't think to look @ the petcock. Stored it inside my garage till last week when I noticed the motor flooded. Anyway:

Done:
-Cleaned with waterless shampoo+waxer
-Oil + Oil Filter changed (will do secondary flush do get rid of any residual fuel / what ever else go in)
-Brakes bled and fluid changed
-Air Filter cleaned
-Charged battery
-Spark plugs changed (NGK CR9e)

Still to do:
-Spark plug wires
-Fuel filter change
-Chain Lubing
-Possibly Carb tuning.... depending how she runs, but should be good as she ran quite nice just after 1st engine flush of oil+fuel / fresh oil put in, yet still with old plugs and old wires.

13681417843_954f56232a_b.jpg

The 7 looks quite clean inside and out other than that motor flood discrepancy.

*Thanks cbrrix for helping me with the work :d*

Last edited:
worked on installing retro fit projector headlights..... WIP still

Pulled it apart to stick in a new piston and clean out the 2 stroke crud. Spent probably 4 hours scraping off carbon and old gaskets.

Went for what was scheduled to be a 2hr ride. End up being 4 hrs.

I didn't change my oil for winter, did not store it properly & it didn't spontaneously implode. It started up on the first shot. I'm trying to solve the riddle because according to gtam it should cause havoc

lol
I checked the oil and psi before I took off but ya......this.
Take the tender off and bolt the seat back on = de-winterized

Took trailer up to my storage unit. Then threw battery in, fired the girl up first crank. Pulled it onto trailer and into bnew wheel chock I installed yesterday. Drove her home fired her up and moved her to her spot on the driveway. shut her down and covered her over. This week will grab the oil and filter likely do the change Wed. Still WAYYYY too much sand on the two roads to get to the main road near town so hopefully we get this rain and not snow this time overnight.

Also I prefer the paint shop to do any sandblasting that I have want done. not DYI sandblasting while running down the road behind the vehicle in front throwing all that crap up so I can hit it at 90K, (most of my ride is on paved side roads otuside of GTA).

Last edited:
Fabricating new heat shield for side pipes on the Scrambler. Not finished yet, just a heads up.

Not today, but I need to clean my bike. Somebody wiped their finger on the fairrings to remind me how nasty it is =(

Getting a Braking MC + clutch lever, and new tires installed on the 17th =)

I failed at removing the oil filter housing, to replace a slightly leaking gasket.

Ima need a bigger wrench.

lol
I checked the oil and psi before I took off but ya......this.
Take the tender off and bolt the seat back on = de-winterized

I didn't even tender my battery. Don't even own one. I charged it in January for a couple hours, that's about it. Saturday I also used the battery to rotate the crank to get oil flowing & ease the compression on one set of valves springs. Other than that I don't see the big fuss for 4 mths

I didn't even tender my battery. Don't even own one. I charged it in January for a couple hours, that's about it. Saturday I also used the battery to rotate the crank to get oil flowing & ease the compression on one set of valves springs. Other than that I don't see the big fuss for 4 mths

Whaaat. My Yuasa dropped to 10.6v as of yesterday because I didn't leave it on a tender. Now I gotta spend $90 for a new one.

Whaaat. My Yuasa dropped to 10.6v as of yesterday because I didn't leave it on a tender. Now I gotta spend $90 for a new one.

Maybe you mal-treated the battery in the first place to begin with. I've never own a tender. In my 10 yrs riding, I've only replaced 2 batteries, lol. No joke.

Always have the battery charged, never let it discharged for prolong periods. Don't put it on a damp floor

Maybe you mal-treated the battery in the first place to begin with. I've never own a tender. In my 10 yrs riding, I've only replaced 2 batteries, lol. No joke.

Always have the battery charged, never let it discharged for prolong periods. Don't put it on a damp floor

That's twice as many batteries as I've gone through in the same amount of time using a tender 360 days a year on a single bike.

That's twice as many batteries as I've gone through in the same amount of time using a tender 360 days a year on a single bike.

Same here. I also put my vehicle on a tender in the winter months and my notoriously weak Mazda battery is still working perfect after 6yrs/160,000kms.

One battery was 10 yrs old. They were both inherited from previous owners. I have no idea how they were treated before

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Back
Top Bottom