What the weather seriously!! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What the weather seriously!!

10 am @ intersection HWY6/17 Espanola, mid 50s and overcast. Inappropriately attired. Saturday not looking good either. Left to Lake Superior or right to go home? Not the summer ride I was expecting so home it was. Shame.

Heading to work this morning (6am) was pretty bloody cold....but once the sun came out it was wonderful biking weather. Pity i was stuck at work though. Its all the rain, or forecast for rain that has peeved me this summer. Seems every day i have been off work and free it's been pissing down :mad:

Air cooled :eek:ccasion5:

My bike is water cooled, but it's a heat monster. In regular summer traffic I'm dyin' even in a mesh jacket.

My favourite seasons are spring and fall - if every summer was like this I'd be in heaven.

On the plus side, this year and winter has been topping up the Great Lakes nicely.

My bike is water cooled, but it's a heat monster. In regular summer traffic I'm dyin' even in a mesh jacket.

No offense but how bad can it be? In traffic my bike gets to 220f and in leather I survive? Not trying to start an argument I'm just genuinely curious.

As for the weather, 2 nights in a row with the liner in my textile and a hoodie. Total bs for august :(

On my bike, when it gets too hot the fan comes on and vents everything straight into your nuts. I've had legit 1st degree burns on my inner thighs from the tank getting so hot and I know people with the same bike who've had their fuel boil. I've also flirted with legitimate radiator boil-overs when stuck in heavy traffic on hot summer days.

High running temps are a known issue with my bike and some people put in pretty elaborate mods to tone it down.

But beyond just the hot bike, I sweat like anything as soon as the sun looks at me funny and hate anything over 27, 28 or so (and those are already bad). I've had heat stroke before just from sitting on the bike, in a 30+ day, in Toronto traffic for two hours.

EDIT: 1st, not 3rd. LIGHT burns (even though it's through jeans), not the inside of my legs being destroyed.

Last edited:
i dont care what the temp is as long as its dry and I can ride my bike. i dont mind hot or cold. but the cooler weather makes it easier on my with my leathers...

Feels like friggin October already.
Da fuq???

Sent from my tablet using my paws

GWS* rider

*global warming system

Global warming system rider??
No make sense

Ouch. Ok that wins. I'd be shutting off a lot in traffic

Yeah, if traffic is really bad stop & go, I'll shut the bike off and just walk it up. It has to be really bad for that to happen though.

Although, whoops, I meant only first degree burns, not third degree! Got that classification system backwards.

I had my heated glove liners in today. Brr!

As a person who likes to keep their window open in the winter, I welcome my new Polar Vortex overlords.

As a person who likes to keep their window open in the winter, I welcome my new Polar Vortex overlords.

Are you a hyper-sweater?

if your from/in ontario, you know that its been a terrible riding season thus far, this news story says "Expect frost in September, heat in October". the full story is HERE

so put the bikes away come september and breakout the bikes in october for nice month of warm riding, wtf?? :lmao::lmao:

STOP THIS INSANITY!

if your from/in ontario, you know that its been a terrible riding season thus far, this news story says "Expect frost in September, heat in October". the full story is HERE

so put the bikes away come september and breakout the bikes in october for nice month of warm riding, wtf?? :lmao::lmao:

STOP THIS INSANITY!
How can you say we had a terrible season this far? It's been consistently warm since June & it rained on average 2x per week. Not bad

Back
Top Bottom