What the heck….mental hesitation… | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What the heck….mental hesitation…

Seriously? :rolleyes:

When was the last time you saw a woman weaving around on the track in a beige Camry while putting on mascara when the B group was out there doing laps?
This would make an interesting sport...."beat the chick in the Camry on the phone putting mascara on" (lol) Or put one out on the MotoGP track to bring some excitement back into the races post Rossi.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

May be an image of boat and text that says 'oH HEY TUCKER! I HEARD YOU'RE PLANNING το SAIL AROUND THE WORLD WITH YOUR FAMILY? ISN'T THAT DANGEROUS? Convivia Convivia EITHER ONE OF US MAY DIE TOMORROW. I MAY BE SWEPT FROM THE DECKS AND DROWNED, YOU MAY BE HIT BY A BUS ON YOUR WAY Το WORK. IF I SUCCEED I WILL SNORKEL, HIKE AND LIVE TRULY IN PARADISE. IF YOU SUCCEED YOU WILL GET Το WORK. Convivia @cruisingcartoonist Convivia'

Imagine riding on a surface that's meticulously designed and maintained for high-speed riding. That's exactly what a racetrack offers—a controlled environment free from the unpredictable hazards like potholes, gravel, and oncoming traffic that you'll find on public roads. You won't have to worry about a distracted driver swerving into your lane or a pedestrian suddenly stepping into the road.

Now, think about the supervision at a racetrack. Medical staff and emergency services are typically on-site, offering immediate attention in the unfortunate event of an accident. This kind of immediate professional response can be a literal lifesaver, something you're unlikely to get as quickly when riding on public roads.

One of the best things about track riding is that riders are often grouped by skill level. This means you're generally riding with people who are on the same level as you, minimizing the risks associated with differing skill levels. This isn't the case on the street where you're sharing the road with drivers and riders of widely varying experience and skill.

I know some may argue that the high speeds and competitive nature of track riding could make it more dangerous. However, these speeds are in a controlled setting designed specifically for this kind of riding. Plus, the organization and rules of track days are designed with safety as the top priority, mitigating competitive risks.

Remember: the controlled conditions, focused environment, and immediate professional supervision make track riding the safer choice.

Imagine riding on a surface that's meticulously designed and maintained for high-speed riding. That's exactly what a racetrack offers—a controlled environment free from the unpredictable hazards like potholes, gravel, and oncoming traffic that you'll find on public roads. You won't have to worry about a distracted driver swerving into your lane or a pedestrian suddenly stepping into the road.

Now, think about the supervision at a racetrack. Medical staff and emergency services are typically on-site, offering immediate attention in the unfortunate event of an accident. This kind of immediate professional response can be a literal lifesaver, something you're unlikely to get as quickly when riding on public roads.

One of the best things about track riding is that riders are often grouped by skill level. This means you're generally riding with people who are on the same level as you, minimizing the risks associated with differing skill levels. This isn't the case on the street where you're sharing the road with drivers and riders of widely varying experience and skill.

I know some may argue that the high speeds and competitive nature of track riding could make it more dangerous. However, these speeds are in a controlled setting designed specifically for this kind of riding. Plus, the organization and rules of track days are designed with safety as the top priority, mitigating competitive risks.

Remember: the controlled conditions, focused environment, and immediate professional supervision make track riding the safer choice.
“Maintained for high speed riding”?! I guess you haven’t ridden at SMP or TMP then ;)

And as shown in the video, speeds of 200+Kmh, and not necessarily free of dumbassss in cars and trucks.

I have a hard time comparing racing to street riding, the risks and conditions are simply too different.

Just got back from a 500km ride. Going to park the bike for the winter tomorrow. I've been coast to coast to coast. Retired, 5 years now so last few years 35,000 to 40,000 km a year. I've been riding 52 years, had 12 bikes, but just no fun today, or the last few rides. Yes I've lost some good friends over the years, but that has never been an issue. Maybe next year will turn things around. New bike? I don't know.
BTW, I live about 4 hours north of GTA, so no stupid traffic up here. 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom