What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do to your Race/Track Bike today - 2014

Might have to rename this thread to what did you do to your purse/vagina 2014.

Man up Ladies, you included Meme.

Track/Race first, dog 2nd, family comes 3rd. ;)

Ha.

Well I thought about pulling the clutch apart then didn't. Installed new laminate flooring instead.

LOL

I said racing. Not track. I hope the kids will keep racing.

Its a lot to be responsible to maintaining 4 race bikes when your kids are on 3 of them. I find it is hard for me mentally to be responsible for their bikes and their racing and still be up for my races.

Put a 5 on the front of your age and call me back.

:)

Last edited:
There are a couple people in this thread talking about giving it a break, I am at the complete other end and am super antzy to get through this winter. I had a few trackdays last year and decided to go racing this summer and can't wait to give it a try. I just picked up a new (to me) bike yesterday which will make winter even worse.

So far I have done a lot of work on it, such as........unloading the bike and putting it in my garage.

I feel the same as you, ATTS. I'm super eager to get back out. Actually considered going down to Jennings, but it's just not going to happen this winter... :(

I'm not racing this year. Planning to race in 2015.

I said that 2 seasons ago/ wanted to get faster/smoother before racing.
stupid mistake. stuck at 1:18s at tmp for 2 years, did 1 soar round and got into the low 1:17s very next track day.
you wont get better/faster following trackday guys.
come out and do one round , just one! you will see!

I said that 2 seasons ago/ wanted to get faster/smoother before racing.
stupid mistake. stuck at 1:18s at tmp for 2 years, did 1 soar round and got into the low 1:17s very next track day.
you wont get better/faster following trackday guys.
come out and do one round , just one! you will see!

I am getting faster all the time. Doing the trackdays before each round I'm out there with lots of racers anyway. I'm not waiting because I want to get faster before I start, I have other commitments this year. I totally agree with you, and I know I'll gain pace on the first race day.

Race when you feel that you're ready.

I see some that come out before they're ready. They spend a lot of money for limited track time, and realistically they'd be better off at a trackday getting more seat time.

To each their own I guess... i just find that some people have a very odd attitude towards racing.

Race when you feel that you're ready.

I see some that come out before they're ready. They spend a lot of money for limited track time, and realistically they'd be better off at a trackday getting more seat time.

To each their own I guess... i just find that some people have a very odd attitude towards racing.

I do it for the chicks!

I do it for the chicks!

That's a lie. Anyone who goes from a Superbike to a 600 clearly is not doing it for the chicks. I'm glad your marriage survived your foray into 600cc riding.. I was worried and we're glad to have you back in the big boy club.

That's a lie. Anyone who goes from a Superbike to a 600 clearly is not doing it for the chicks. I'm glad your marriage survived your foray into 600cc riding.. I was worried and we're glad to have you back in the big boy club.

Hmmph. Some of us our confident enough in our masculinity to ride 600s.

Well being comfortable with my masculinity I figured it was worth a try but now I know I don't belong on anything but a big boy bike.

Did nothing to my race bike, but I placed the order for something to haul it around in. 2014 Ram ProMaster full size van, medium wheelbase, low roof. Air-con, cruise, UConnect to make the long trips tolerable. Rear view camera, back-up sensors, the whole works. Finally, no more open trailer, and I can sleep in it if needed. I'm getting the trailer tow package anyhow ... 5000 lb tow rating. Jennings ... Deals Gap, anyone? (Won't be taking delivery until April, though)

Did nothing to my race bike, but I placed the order for something to haul it around in. 2014 Ram ProMaster full size van, medium wheelbase, low roof. Air-con, cruise, UConnect to make the long trips tolerable. Rear view camera, back-up sensors, the whole works. Finally, no more open trailer, and I can sleep in it if needed. I'm getting the trailer tow package anyhow ... 5000 lb tow rating. Jennings ... Deals Gap, anyone? (Won't be taking delivery until April, though)
Ah smart man, that is the way to go

I received a package today and opened it :)
IMG_00000052.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom