What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 163 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Can you do a before and after weight-in?
I guessing it could easily be 5 pounds of mud. Took the seat off to wire up my light and there was a dried river of mud that had been sneaking past a gap between the inner and outer rear fender.

I guessing it could easily be 5 pounds of mud. Took the seat off to wire up my light and there was a dried river of mud that had been sneaking past a gap between the inner and outer rear fender.
After paris-ancaster a few years ago I removed over 20 lbs of mud off a bicycle. You will probably be surprised by how much lighter it is after a rinse.

Fixed the bars on the Tiger. I had eyeballed it and was an eighth to one side, and the rotation wasn't good. Took a couple of tries, but that is now sorted. I still need to rotate the controls to account for the new bar position.

I had nothing to do with this…but the stool I bought from a GTAM member just got a whole lot more upgraded thanks to a 3D printing friend.

1710123298341.jpeg

And he printed some additional helmet holders for me.

Last edited:
Air filter and cabin filter into the GTI, and then installed the new battery into the scrambler and went for a quick boot around the neighbourhood.

Chain needs some cleaning and an oil change is required but that’s another day.

Took the carbs off the R6 while the weather was nice, partially disassembled. Rebuilt kit and jet kit ready to go, previous owner said they cleaned them. Looking at the gaskets and float bowls looks like he wasn’t lying, but leaking pretty badly from the float bowls when I started it up on the weekend. Hoping to get them put back together and in the bike before the weather gets cold again
IMG_2188.jpeg

Finally finished up a lighting project in the garage I started in the fall. Added 3 of these, the other is over the workbench.

before.jpg

after.jpg

Now I need to clean up this messy garage.

Also did the 6k oil change of the vStrom yesterday.

Who can forget their first? My first time was on a YZ80 that my neighbor dropped by on as a bunch of us were hanging out on my parents' front lawn. We all took turns riding it up and down the street - no helmet, no gear, no clue! None of us had ever ridden before, and I'm still amazed we didn't do anything worthy of a viral video (passing around a VHS tape). But that little rocket got us hooked. After that, we discovered the Honda Ride Center in Pickering and spent some time there until my friend and I got our own bikes.

The 3yr old said she wants to ride her dirtbike so I installed the training wheels.
View attachment 66589
That's is super awesome nad nice bike. Wait til she rolls into school on that and all the boys will be jealous. Wish I started when I was 3!

Carbs back together, the adjustment screws are located in the most godawful spot. Luckily I have a skinny enough flat head to squeeze through. On the bike and set up for syncing, first time syncing carbs so this should be fun.
I understand now why the M1X instructors tell you to steer clear of carbed bikes, and why every bike “just needs a carb clean” IMG_2195.jpegIMG_2196.jpegIMG_2194.jpeg

Did a quick ride today, bike is running smoother after the oil change.

Doing your own wrenching has an advantage. Not sure how well the dealer did the change. If they emptied enough old oil before adding. Also all the bolts I needed to take off were over torqued, making it a pain and less than quick. Luckily the oil filter wasn't.
All good now. (y)

Carbs back together, the adjustment screws are located in the most godawful spot. Luckily I have a skinny enough flat head to squeeze through. On the bike and set up for syncing, first time syncing carbs so this should be fun.
I understand now why the M1X instructors tell you to steer clear of carbed bikes, and why every bike “just needs a carb clean” View attachment 66605View attachment 66606View attachment 66607
Great job. Carbs scare me.

Did a quick ride today, bike is running smoother after the oil change.

Doing your own wrenching has an advantage. Not sure how well the dealer did the change. If they emptied enough old oil before adding. Also all the bolts I needed to take off were over torqued, making it a pain and less than quick. Luckily the oil filter wasn't.
All good now. (y)
Dealers do LOFs cold, they’re going to get 95% of the oil out. I like the bike to be warmed up when changing oil.

I also splash a little sea foam in the crankcase a few days before the change, not sure how much that helps if any.

Don’t know how much the seafoam helps my bikes if at all.

Back
Top Bottom