What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 162 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

When not distracted by the cardinal dulling her beak I finished the install of this LED light (as mentioned in the "relay required" thread in the tech forum). With it's ribbed matte finish and hooded lens it had the militaresque look I'm going for, but it came from the ReStore scrap bin so I suspect it might have been meant for interior applications. Will be interesting to see how long it lasts after riding in the rain.
How does it work? A quick test in the darkened garage shows that it casts a great shadow of the front wheel off to the port side.
At the very least I now have a light while camping that doesn't require use of the key.View attachment 66249
With the design and wire compression fitting, I suspect landscape light.

Update on my TuneEcu troubles.

I drove over an hour to a friend's whom owns a 2016 triumph tiger 800. Tried to connect the android version and the no longer supported windows version of TuneEcu.

Flashing red light. No Bueno.... well, depending how you look at it. A defective LonElec kl-1 cable is a far better scenario than there being something wrong with the bike...
This cable has been sitting in my toolbox, unopened and unused since 2022.

Emailed London Electronic. We'll see if they're willing to warranty it. Not big money, but its the principal of the thing.
44f9414f8c63da85d4d9f2b4ec837e92.jpg
9c5718127a9770c7a7a57f73cb125149.jpg
9b5780f87b7df787f16c6450eb4db4c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

From a guy with bikes with points... I don't think you know how foreign that looks
I've had a bike with points. '78 cb750f

Been there. Done that.

You can turn off service lights. Check codes. Upload new fuel injection mapping without the need for a piggyback controller, eg. Power Commander

Get readouts for throttle body sync, without needing a vacuum gauge/manometer.

Handy stuff... if it worked.

Should be fine with a new cable.

Being an audiophile I can’t put up with oem stereos so I started buying pieces to replace the Bang&Olufson one in my new truck. Popped one of the new amps into my SUV so I could figure out how to use it’s tuning software before my truck arrives. Things sure have changed in 20yrs.
IMG_5172.jpeg

Turns out I need a bluetooth adaptor for the 2014 street triple.

LonElec said it for sure wouldn't work with the 2016 tiger800...

Bluetooth for both.

Oh well, another $130. At least its on Amazon. I can scan the truck and the wife's car with it too. At least there's that.

Should be here tomorrow.
81a9c13d49408522d5e3d61182e1adf7.jpg

Two things that of course turned into three or four.
1. Moved the GPS from a handlebar mount to a behind the speedometer mount.
2. Contact cemented the nib that broke when removing the front of the bike, when installing the behind the speedometer mount.
3. Installed handlebar risers.
4. Rearranged the Barkbuster hardware upside down, so that it didn't kink the brake line with the new handlebar risers.
OKHUPgc.jpg

Finished putting the Beta Evo together.
Greased the axel stiks, cleaned and greased the linkage and head bearings.
I can hear my daughter now..... Dad, you have the Mecatecno now, can i ride the Evo today?20240229_191829.jpg20240229_195901.jpg20240229_200029.jpg

Last edited:
Did a shakedown run on the Tiger. The bars with the new risers feel tippy, almost no pressure required to lean into a turn, which sucks when you're riding straight. There was a slight drag on the front brake at maximum bar turn to the right. I'll rotate the bars a little at a time, and ride it, rinse, repeat, until I hone in on the optimum angle. The new GPS position seems good and the GPS works fine.

Edit: I wish I had taken a pencil, tape or some kind of marker and marked the existing position of the bars at the time. That would have made life so much easier.

Last edited:
Edit: I wish I had taken a pencil, tape or some kind of marker and marked the existing position of the bars at the time. That would have made life so much easier.
Figured that out about the third time round...

I'm not a zealot for a perfectly clean bike, but today I spent five hours washing winter off the Guzzi. The detailing bit is the killer. Times like this I wish I had a fully faired motorcycle. Still a couple of bits to clean tomorrow. I've had enough for one day.

I'm not a zealot for a perfectly clean bike, but today I spent five hours washing winter off the Guzzi. The detailing bit is the killer. Times like this I wish I had a fully faired motorcycle. Still a couple of bits to clean tomorrow. I've had enough for one day.
I set a 20 min timer, or Id be obsessively out there cleaning all night.
good enough is good enough

You guys would have a coronary if saw my KLR about now. I want to wash it - not so much to clean it but more to reduce weight.
Can you do a before and after weight-in?

Can you do a before and after weight-in?
Many moons ago, while playing with a ct70 in the old quarry behind Wescam it got so heavy it was hard to pickup. A hour in a car wash and we were back to clean. Car wash probably wasn't going to be impressed with the hundred plus pounds of clay that went down the drain.

Back
Top Bottom