What bike do you want today? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What bike do you want today?

the same bike I always want (and never should've sold)

An RC51 with a bunch of Swedish and Italian parts on it

29950d1309362377-f-s-2003-honda-rc51-w-ohlins-marchesini-gilles-dan-kyle-etc-rc2.jpg

People having different taste means they know very little? :dontknow:

I don't get his comment either.

I don't get this either. People like what they like. It's not always about bragging rights or look at me.[/QUOT

Completely agree with you. My pleasure, my choice.

I see this thread as one of those hypothetical questions like "If you could have any bike, what would it be?"

Apply the same question to cars. Some people would say a new Nissan GTR, others would say a 1966 Ferrari 330 P3. No comparison between those two choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really very happy with my garage as it is.But an Egli Vincent would be nice on sunday mornings.
egli900x01_01.jpg

1985 Yamaha RZ500
1965 Honda Superhawk (maybe in the spring time?)
2014 Honda VFR800 in white (maybe in the spring time?) however will settle for a 2006+ abs model.
1975 Chopper with a king and queen seat.

already own a 1993 VFR750 in white and an 85 NS400R (in progress of rebuilding from ground up with new oem parts).

Last edited:
Yeah, but the first-gen was a proper lager-lout bike. Take off the fairings and bolt the exhaust under the seat cuz I'm going to drop it drunk, mate!

The newer version is for fancier lads who worry about their outfits matching their bikes. If you want that sort of grief, just buy a Ducati or BMW instead and get better bragging rights.

ah yes I understand.. the new 2013/2014 colour scheme for the "R" version (the white one with the red trim) fits into that bracket.

I see this thread as one of those hypothetical questions like "If you could have any bike, what would it be?"
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see this question more in a realistic consumer sense. If we're lucky most of us can afford one or two decent bikes, but there are so many choices. What bike do you desire that you could make happen?

I see this question more in a realistic consumer sense. If we're lucky most of us can afford one or two decent bikes, but there are so many choices. What bike do you desire that you could make happen?

That was how I saw your question. I have a Ducati Diavel. That would have been my answer before I got one. The Vincent if I had the money.

Even an H-R-D would get it done, it wouldn't even need to say Vincent on the tank. A Porcupine BMW for track days, factory Dakar for grocery day and a 750 bevel because nearly everybody here hates them (except the 12 guys that know what it is). And my Brough, and Brough.....

Pretty much any bike I want is way more than I could use/handle but I love the idea of the Ducati 1199 Superleggera.

I also like the concept Suzuki Recursion:

suzuki-suzuki-recursion-638ad.jpg

588cc turbocharged & intercooled parallel twin making 100HP and 74 ft-lbs in a package weighing 385-lbs.

Well that makes for a pretty boring thread.

Well that makes for a pretty boring thread.

The man with the plan. Ever heard of him? We all know somebody like that, don't we?

I copied this thread idea from Advrider verbatim. The one over there is 538 pages of boredom. Boring new submissions daily.

The man with the plan. Ever heard of him? We all know somebody like that, don't we?

I copied this thread idea from Advrider verbatim. The one over there is 538 pages of boredom. Boring new submissions daily.

New thread ideas:

- What do you want for breakfast today?
- What colour shirt are you wearing?
- What laundry detergent do you use?

New thread ideas:

All excellent ideas. Also we should have threads about peoples' fantasies. One of my biggest daily thrills is listening to people talk about what they are going to do but have no hope of achieving.

I'm really very happy with my garage as it is.But an Egli Vincent would be nice on sunday mornings.
egli900x01_01.jpg
Aside from the drum brakes,which would make me nervous, everything about that bike draws me to it. Its not terribly pretty, but I can't stop looking.

In addition I'd like a 2005+ CBR1100xx, and a KTM 1190.

New thread ideas:

Pancakes, same as every day.
White.
Whatever is on sale.

Boring answer: Triumph Scrambler

Awesome answer: Muzzy Raptor

I'm not wearing any pants.

Ducati 916, 996, 998, 748. Thats what I really wanted when I bought my monster, price wise they were out of reach in 2001. Today they sell used for chump change... It is hard to keep my wallet in my pocket.

Not to many brand new bikes these days do it for me, all emotion, no logic..

Back
Top Bottom