We Ride App | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Ride App

This is about an app girls. Bb is better than android but apple rules them all is another thread.

600 I don't know that app so I can't help you there. Just come try this one out

BB's are great. You can leave them lying around and never have to worry about someone stealing it.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Privacy policy link doesn't work, but the app store says what permissions it needs. I'm surprised the license agreement doesn't contractually obligate you to allow arbitrary representatives of the app developer to put their finger in your butt.

This app has access to these permissions: Your location: approximate location (network-based); precise location (GPS and network-based)

Network communication: full network access; view network connections; receive data from Internet

Phone calls: read phone status and identity

Storage: modify or delete the contents of your USB storage

Camera: take pictures and videos

Your social information: read your contacts

Your accounts: read Google service configuration;find accounts on the device

System tools: test access to protected storage

Affects battery: prevent device from sleeping;control vibration

Tracking devices for motorcyclists that link you to other people seem like a bad idea.

Privacy policy link doesn't work, but the app store says what permissions it needs. I'm surprised the license agreement doesn't contractually obligate you to allow arbitrary representatives of the app developer to put their finger in your butt.

This app has access to these permissions: Your location: approximate location (network-based); precise location (GPS and network-based)

Network communication: full network access; view network connections; receive data from Internet

Phone calls: read phone status and identity

Storage: modify or delete the contents of your USB storage

Camera: take pictures and videos

Your social information: read your contacts

Your accounts: read Google service configuration;find accounts on the device

System tools: test access to protected storage

Affects battery: prevent device from sleeping;control vibration

Tracking devices for motorcyclists that link you to other people seem like a bad idea.

As a mobile developer, the only one that seems strange to me is phone calls. Not sure why they want that one, although I don't doubt there is a legitimate reason they need it.

I have also thought about the dangers of sharing routes. I wouldn't say it's a good idea to start or end the route where you live ;)

I don't get the permissions some apps want. I was told to dl a Yoga app today to look at the descriptions for some poses so I did and I got the popup warning saying the app would like to know my current location do I wish to grant it? I said no. I don't see any reason why a Yoga app needs core functionality of knowing where I am located. Absolutely ridiculous.

I hate tracker apps unless they are set for a certain duration of time like Apple's friend finder can be. It will allow you to set limited windows of accessibility for specific people at your discretion which is fine with me but what sucks is people who want to know permanently where you are. There is only one person who has that set for yes on mine and I am not fond of the feature despite the fact it works in both directions, but the world has changed, this is the surveillance society.

I'm old enough that I remember a time when you walked out the door, you went without a cellphone, pager or GPS. You were out there and nobody knew where you were unless you phoned home from a coin operated payphone to tell them you were still alive.

I really miss those days sometimes.

Gear? She's on it backwards, I'm calling Newfie! Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get the permissions some apps want. I was told to dl a Yoga app today to look at the descriptions for some poses so I did and I got the popup warning saying the app would like to know my current location do I wish to grant it? I said no. I don't see any reason why a Yoga app needs core functionality of knowing where I am located. Absolutely ridiculous.

I hate tracker apps unless they are set for a certain duration of time like Apple's friend finder can be. It will allow you to set limited windows of accessibility for specific people at your discretion which is fine with me but what sucks is people who want to know permanently where you are. There is only one person who has that set for yes on mine and I am not fond of the feature despite the fact it works in both directions, but the world has changed, this is the surveillance society.

I'm old enough that I remember a time when you walked out the door, you went without a cellphone, pager or GPS. You were out there and nobody knew where you were unless you phoned home from a coin operated payphone to tell them you were still alive. I really miss those days sometimes.

They use it for marketing reasons.

I downloaded the app a few days ago and it won't work for me. It opens and then immediately crashes. Tried removing and reloading it, same thing. Iphone 4s on ios 5.01

Why didn't you go to 5.1 when you could? Still on 6.1.3 myself on my 4S. There's just something about 7.x that doesn't click right for me.

Using older Tapatalk version 1.15 with nice yellow pages and faster loading too. Save your favourite apps ipk files to prevent against devs ruining apps with bad redesigns or bugs.

Sorry, I ment 5.1. I did not like 6 and 7 is even worse.

They use it for marketing reasons.

They use it to show what's your nearest studio options, and I like that.

It's a feature for "a complete app". Otherwise the yoga guy or the programmer is for sure not tracking you as you are not that important =))

Just joined GRN_ZXR

Back
Top Bottom