We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

S-weet... We expect a full range report with video.. Curious minds want to know! :cool:

Yay!

H&K SL 8-4

Came with a NEA Magwell adapter so I can use standard USGI type magazines (Magpul, LAR etc.) instead of the really expensive and hard to find H&K ones.

Popped an old 3X9 Fullfield II scope on it for now.

NR version of the G36. Lots of conversion parts out there to make it a G36 clone but I'm going to fight that urge as long as I can.

Taking it up to Muskoka for some break in :)

Have to pass EPPS on the way. Might be too hard to avoid stopping in for a few things. :(

Beauty, D23!

I know how you feel, I've added way too many to the collection over the summer... 2 m91/30's, an m44, Remmy 700, ruger 10/22 in an archangel 556 stock.. the list goes on.. baaahh...

I also just found out about this newfangled .17 WSM, and have decided that I need a Savage B mag as soon as they are available. I'm also eyeing a Savage 93 in .17 HMR

Trick, when I set up a range trip, definitely bring the 700 and the 10/22 as they are both on my to-buy list. I got my crapco'd SKS (Tech sight), boydsd Mk II and hoping for the T97's to land PRONTO!
8UlfvRg.jpg

pXzy3pG.jpg

So much pressure.

I'll get a video out one of these days. Before the end of the season I should have something good. Promise.

This weekend is just a quick break in and clean. 50 rounds of dirty bird with a few pull throughs in between mags.

OK I'm off to EPPS :)

So much pressure.

I'll get a video out one of these days. Before the end of the season I should have something good. Promise.

This weekend is just a quick break in and clean. 50 rounds of dirty bird with a few pull throughs in between mags.

OK I'm off to EPPS :)

May God have mercy on your poor credit card :cool:

Sounds good. Havent shot the 700 yet myself, but the 10/22 is hella fun.

I can imagine.. Had it on my to-buy list and most likely with Archangel for a bit of cheap plinking fun, but I wanna get my 3-gun rig down pat first. 700 is in the distant future when I wanna get into a bit of precision marksmanship, with proper optics and furniture.

How crazy busy is Silverdale on the weekends?

I've only been there once, and despite it being around 0 degrees every bench was being used at the 100/200 yard range.
Am I crazy to even consider going on a summer weekend in July?

If you go later on in the day its like a ghost town. I usually show up around 4pm, everyone seems to leave around that time. 5pm is the cutoff for no members, so this could be a problem if you're a non member.

I can imagine.. Had it on my to-buy list and most likely with Archangel for a bit of cheap plinking fun, but I wanna get my 3-gun rig down pat first. 700 is in the distant future when I wanna get into a bit of precision marksmanship, with proper optics and furniture.

Got the 700 in .270 for coyote hunting this fall. I'm eyeing a Redfield Battlezone scope for it... all the reviews say its top notch for the price now that Leupold owns them. I'd like to put some pricier glass on it but that'll have to wait for now.

Here's my 10/22 all dressed up. Looking to get a bull barrel for it, so that front section will probably be gone in the near future. The scope is some budget 4x NcStar quick-release job. It got good reviews, and was holding true when I took it out last week. Put about 500 rounds through it (with one of the Butler Creek mags, no problems with that).

Below is my Marlin XT-22VR, it's got the heavy barrel. It showed markedly more knockdown power (comparatively speaking, of course....) than the 10/22, being a bolt action. Thought that was interesting. I didn't think it would be that noticeable. Scope is a 4-16x50 Leapers that I use to have on my old airgun. I think I paid about $100 for it back in the day, and it's still workin great.

20130830_171423.jpg

20130830_171637.jpg

Trick, you gotta let me tag with you when you go for some coyotes.. Hoping for the T97's to land by then. Nowhere near the accuracy of the 700 (the best I can hope for is about 1.5MOA) and the scope is better suited for 3gun, but she should still do the trick. Plus it would be nice to take a mean-looking black gun into the bush and do something useful :D

Trick, you gotta let me tag with you when you go for some coyotes.. Hoping for the T97's to land by then. Nowhere near the accuracy of the 700 (the best I can hope for is about 1.5MOA) and the scope is better suited for 3gun, but she should still do the trick. Plus it would be nice to take a mean-looking black gun into the bush and do something useful :D

Will do! Hope to have several trips this fall

You know where to find me whenever you're ready to go :cool:

I'm up for it too, and I will bring my 10/22 TD, SKS with tech site, and Marlin .270.

I could use some help sighting them in, so if you have a front site tool, Firestart, bring it please.
During my last range trip I managed to get the Marlin sighted in at 40m... so horizontal is good, but I need to sight it in for 100 yards now. My 10/22 was well sighted in -- until I got home and realized the scope mount screws had come loose while I was cleaning it. Now I have reinstalled the scope using some lock-tite. Only the SKS I haven't attempted to sight in the iron sites at all. Oh... and I got the Butler Creek 25-rounders working better, but the Promag is still a POS.

I'm up for it too, and I will bring my 10/22 TD, SKS with tech site, and Marlin .270.

I could use some help sighting them in, so if you have a front site tool, Firestart, bring it please.
During my last range trip I managed to get the Marlin sighted in at 40m... so horizontal is good, but I need to sight it in for 100 yards now. My 10/22 was well sighted in -- until I got home and realized the scope mount screws had come loose while I was cleaning it. Now I have reinstalled the scope using some lock-tite. Only the SKS I haven't attempted to sight in the iron sites at all. Oh... and I got the Butler Creek 25-rounders working better, but the Promag is still a POS.

I've been eyeing an SKS for a while. Going to the range with you will no doubt result in me ordering one :(

I've been eyeing an SKS for a while. Going to the range with you will no doubt result in me ordering one :(

Mine also has a Tech sight. I don't have their super-duper-uber-special sight-adjustment tool, so it's gonna be easier to just use my front sight adjustment tool to dial in both mine and Diesel's. Well, I might hit the range earlier on today and dial mine in at 20yds, which means 3" high at 100, dead-on at 200. Dead on at 20 is also great for an unsactioned club-level discipline that we do at BRRC on Wednesdays.

Back
Top Bottom