Umar Zameer | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Umar Zameer

Umar started testifying on Tuesday.. Most of Tuesday was about the time leading up to the incident.. Today he testified about the incident from his perspective..

If what Umar says it really the truth, then the case should be dismissed...this reminds me of a case in the US, a lady named Karen Read, who is you believe her side and all the evidence given to date, is being set up by the Boston PD...

F'ing ridiculous - prosecution knows the evidence is contradictory, yet continues to put the family through the stress and financial burden of a trial, and at the end knowing they'll lose, still tries to get a dangerous driving out of it. The judge even says what all 3 cops testified to "didn't happen" - isn't that the definition of perjury (and conspiracy)?

F'ing ridiculous - prosecution knows the evidence is contradictory, yet continues to put the family through the stress and financial burden of a trial, and at the end knowing they'll lose, still tries to get a dangerous driving out of it. The judge even says what all 3 cops testified to "didn't happen" - isn't that the definition of perjury (and conspiracy)?
You wonder how much is push from union/cops. Who cares if the cops are responsible, unless you convict someone to avenge the death the blue flu may hit hard.

So much for serving and protecting. More like serving sand protecting themselves.

Buddy of mine worked @ 51. His preferred line was 'Swerve and Reject'.

Why TPS not recognize it was a tragic accident? Why is so important for a murder conviction? Does the TPS regard the death of an officer in an accident less meaning, I hope not.

Why TPS not recognize it was a tragic accident? Why is so important for a murder conviction? Does the TPS regard the death of an officer in an accident less meaning, I hope not.
If it was a murder they can pat themselves on the back and get raises for their dangerous jobs.

If it is an epic failure of training and/or procedure and they died being stupid and are publicly admonished for perjury that is hard to spin positively.

Probably because it would prove their stupidity in not properly identifying themselves, or ineptness in approaching a potentially dangerous situation. If an innocent family man with wife and child in the back seat could accidentally kill one of them, imagine what an armed criminal with intent could have done to all of them.

imagine what an armed criminal with intent could have done to all of them.

Historically, they're not that adept when the situation evolves into a gunfight, either.

It upsets me when I hear of any innocent person being killed or injured, more so when the victim represents law and order. However the thin blue line has to learn from their mistakes. DO NOT PUT YOURSELF IN HARM'S WAY.

To pursue an errant course on this TPS lulls the rank and file into thinking they are invincible leading to more occurrences.

It also creates a situation where a person might not try to escape a dangerous situation because the fear the person accosting them is police. Fake police are more prevalent in the USA but not completely unknown here.

The only reason this is a murder first degree charge is because the deceased is a Cop. Anybody else may be criminal negligence causing death , maybe . Or manslaughter , even still a streach given the witnessed all have a different story .
ONLY good part is when this is done , lawyers will line up to sue TPS , the city of Toronto and the Province for a couple million for groundless persecution . The police lying should help with that .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

The only reason this is a murder first degree charge is because the deceased is a Cop. Anybody else may be criminal negligence causing death , maybe . Or manslaughter , even still a streach given the witnessed all have a different story .
ONLY good part is when this is done , lawyers will line up to sue TPS , the city of Toronto and the Province for a couple million for groundless persecution . The police lying should help with that .

Except that lawsuit defense and settlement comes out of tax dollars not union dues or pension funds. They will ask for more money not change policy/procedure/willingness to perjure themselves.

If he is found not guilty... I expect TPS will sue him for the officer's death.
Laval Police sued Basil Parasiris for funeral expenses, over time and sick days.. after he was found not guilty of killing a cop during a raid on his home.

Except that lawsuit defense and settlement comes out of tax dollars not union dues or pension funds. They will ask for more money not change policy/procedure/willingness to perjure themselves.

Insurance companies should pay for it.

Insurance companies should pay for it.
Which they then recoup through higher rates in the future (rates paid for with taxpayer dollars). Also, some municipalities self-insure with underwriting for huge claims so the first seven or eight figures is a deductible. I have no idea what TPS does.

In almost no scenario do the people that caused the mess feel the financial heat they have caused. If there was a push to prosecute in the face of crap evidence, the party that made the push should be the one taking it on the chin but they won't be. If this had been dropped prior to charges as a stinker, there is very little chance he would sue as he just wants to forget it. Now that they have smeared his name and dragged him through a trial, if it was me I would be looking in the eight figure range and I think he has a good chance to get it.

Back
Top Bottom