Turban instead of helmet!? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Turban instead of helmet!?

Why not? You ride your bike without one. Just wear goggles.

Still in agreement. Also I'll need to remove the rear window so my flowing white scarf can do it's thang. Goggles without scarf? Not in this lifetime.

Still in agreement. Also I'll need to remove the rear window so my flowing white scarf can do it's thang. Goggles without scarf? Not in this lifetime.

uhm I thought you and SnowbikeMike wore white robes and hoods...or you saying your white flowing scarf is atop your garments?

Had to lose the hoods. Eye holes were too small.
Kept reducing my peripherals...

IMG_0682.JPG IMG_0683.JPG

I emailed the artist to see what she says....

Hi Naomi,

I've recently had the pleasure of seeing your exhibit at the lobby of my office, and have really enjoyed seeing the different photos on display. Great talent!

However, I have an issue with a caption that you have put up on display. It's regarding the Sikh motorcycle group, and your claim that 'as the turban has so much fabric it provides ample protection against injury.'

As a motorcyclist in Toronto, I feel that this statement is ridiculous and dangerous to anyone reading it. Just because Skihs have received an exemption for a religious symbol (in British Columbia) does not mean that a turban is a safe alternative to a helmet. There have been literally millions of dollars poured into research to show that a full face helmet is the safest way to ride a motorcycle. A turban does not even meet the most basic DOT certification, as if it did then you wouldn't need an exemption for religious reasons. It would be allowed as a proper alternative. It does NOT provide any abrasion resistance, or any notable impact resistance in a crash. Leather provides the best abrasion resistance in a crash, not wrapped fabric.

This is a statement that is misleading in every way. If the Skih community wants to push that the turban is a safe alternative, that's fine as that's their religious right. But I strongly discourage you from advocating such a dangerous idea to others. This has been attempted within Ontario multiple times, and has been rejected as an alternative to a DOT certified helmet.

Outside of that, I enjoyed your display and look forward to seeing more in the future.

Thank you,

Last edited:
Part of what you are saying IS what we already have and supposed to be. Separation of Church and State...hence why they removed crosses and the Lord's prayer from public schools.

Removing Christian prayers & replacing it with Islamic prayers. Gotta tell the whole truth

so Christians are forced to say Muslim prayers now or......do you have a verbose rearward orifice?
Why accommodate one when you're not accommodating the other?

Is it in the Christian religion to pray 5 times a day at certain times of the day? What about public catholic schools. I'm pretty sure they pray at those too in a Christian setting. See what a little thought does for your argument?

Is it in the Christian religion to pray 5 times a day at certain times of the day? What about public catholic schools. I'm pretty sure they pray at those too in a Christian setting. See what a little thought does for your argument?
Did you worship chairman mao this morning?

Maybe he wasn't clear, but both are accomodated, and neither are mandated.

Catholic mandatory prayer ended, Muslim mandatory prayer never existed. Catholic accommodation doesn't require daily prayer, Muslim accomodation does. The difference is in the religious rituals, not the law.

Maybe he wasn't clear, but both are accomodated, and neither are mandated.

Catholic mandatory prayer ended, Muslim mandatory prayer never existed. Catholic accommodation doesn't require daily prayer, Muslim accomodation does. The difference is in the religious rituals, not the law.

And using public money to create space within the school to serve as a prayer room?
And what about the interruptions to all the other students and their right to uninterrupted education?
And if you are praying 5 times a day at school, when are you fully learning?
Schools are a neutral space for LEARNING not praying.
You can pray at home or at your building of worship all you want.
Why not send your child to a religious/parochial school that will serve their specific needs 100%?

Those other parents are not paying taxes to fund public school for their children (and the teachers) to be interrupted.
The rest of the kids have a RIGHT to a uninterrupted education and access to all the space in the school.

That was the Canadian social/legal contract. No religion in the schools.
Again, if you wanted your belief system and culture to be accommodated all the time then MOVE/STAY in the country of those secular values.

Last edited:

One would think an Atheist would be vehemently against any/all religions.
If Atheist do not believe in "God" then by acknowledging religions that do...isn't the Atheist then contradicting themselves?
* I get the Atheist response can be I don't believe in that or live and let live but the obvious remains...by accepting the existence of any religion, the Atheist position becomes invalid?

By extension their believe system is that there is no God, therefore why would they want other people pushing their views.
Why would the Atheist want their tax $$$ to be used towards any religion?

Considering some religions say to kill the non believers or enslave them...then all the more reason an Atheist should have a valid fear of religious groups as it is condoning harm to the Atheist.

View attachment 38769 View attachment 38770

I emailed the artist to see what she says....

Send her another email to conduct a simple experiment.
Ask her to film it and post on Youtube.
Put a melon in a DOT approved helmet, fit it in like a head (chin strap and all), then drop it from a 5 story building then do the same with a turban, let's see the amount of damage to the melon.
It's a simple and cheap test anyone can do. I can donate a helmet if needed.:D

Do a Myth Busters style test, fire a small pebble at a helmet using an air gun then do the same to the turban with the melon in it.
Make sure the pebble hit's 100km/h to simulate highway speeds.

Just a though, why not wrap the turban on the outside of the helmet...seems like a compromise for the law and for their God's religion fashion wear?

Has anyone considered what happens when you are going 100 km/h and the turban unwraps??
Last time I check, helmets do NOT do that?

To all of these groups...when your scriptures were written the vehicles we have today did not exist then, however said God's gave you intelligence and for you to adapt to keep yourself safe because if you don't adapt you die off taking your religion with you. Said God will not be happy with that:(

Will God really be that mad at you if you wore a super thin turban under a helmet?:confused:

Last edited:
Send her another email to conduct a simple experiment.
Ask her to film it and post on Youtube.
Put a melon in a DOT approved helmet, fit it in like head, then drop it from a 5 story building then do the same with a turban, let's see the amount of damage to the melon.
It's a simple and cheap test anyone can do. I can donate a helmet if needed.:D

I don't think she was serious. She's an artist, they have a special license.

Back
Top Bottom