Trudeau's carbon pricing | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trudeau's carbon pricing

Like I said, more than any other factor, the election was lost on the honest assessment that 100,000 people in government jobs would have to go; had he lied and said "I can cut taxes, reduce deficit AND save your jobs" maybe we'd be talking about PC broken promises instead..... In sort, I agree, they lie and we don't punish them for it.. That's how the Libs got re-elected no?

Speaking of promises, our 15% savings on insurance at work... sad story

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/ontario-insurance-change-1.3796126
He's almost out of money and he seems to be near the end of his convalescence (to the extent that it is). Would $2 million have been necessary?

People love to complain about waste and call for services to be cut but then as soon as it has a real world impact that can be photographed they complain that the system is too hard on people (not saying you Neil). Sure, maybe this outcome was harsher than it needed to be, maybe $2 million would have been too generous. No system is perfect. Glad he's alive and has loved ones to care for him.

Moral of the story is carbon taxes will save everyone, or something like that.

not to mention a smugness with supreme arrogance = take a hike from the electorate

harper & co were out to lunch with the electorate, end of story, out with the old, in with the new

a campaign mainly based on mockery & ridicule ..duhh, is not only as lame as you can go but also backfired right in their faces,

they might as well have handed it to petII

Last edited:
He's almost out of money and he seems to be near the end of his convalescence (to the extent that it is). Would $2 million have been necessary?

People love to complain about waste and call for services to be cut but then as soon as it has a real world impact that can be photographed they complain that the system is too hard on people (not saying you Neil). Sure, maybe this outcome was harsher than it needed to be, maybe $2 million would have been too generous. No system is perfect. Glad he's alive and has loved ones to care for him.

Moral of the story is carbon taxes will save everyone, or something like that.

I personally just wonder how many would have supported an insurance rate decrease knowing the (ultimately less than) 15% cut would result in a halving of their coverage. I get what you're saying, but the people have been carefully, and skillfully deceived here, no?

Carbon tax used to help alleviate the financial burden on the average citizen??? One can dream, but if Washington State's recent experience in attempting such is any indication, there are already many hands reaching for a slice of that particular pie.

I personally just wonder how many would have supported an insurance rate decrease knowing the (ultimately less than) 15% cut would result in a halving of their coverage. I get what you're saying, but the people have been carefully, and skillfully deceived here, no?

Yes, the people who believed the one-liner .... "We will cut car insurance rates by 15%." ... if you didn't bother looking into some more, yes you would be rudely awaken, what actually the government meant. I mean, really ..... if it said ... "Everyone's car insurance policy will be cut by 15% without coverage change." ... that I could take without further a do.

What the government really should have done is to be honest and say that "they will finally force the insurance companies to lower mandatory coverage" .... but how sexy would that sound for a re-election???

Yes, the people who believed the one-liner .... "We will cut car insurance rates by 15%." ... if you didn't bother looking into some more, yes you would be rudely awaken, what actually the government meant. I mean, really ..... if it said ... "Everyone's car insurance policy will be cut by 15% without coverage change." ... that I could take without further a do.

What the government really should have done is to be honest and say that "they will finally force the insurance companies to lower mandatory coverage" .... but how sexy would that sound for a re-election???

As if it was the insurance companies that wanted to provide HIGHER coverage in the first place...

"Please Wynnie, we want to spend whatever it takes to protect our customers... PLEASE. Money's no object, profits be damned"

Think about what your statement suggest...

This BS carbon tax is one of the most brilliant government revenue generation schemes in a long time...since the dawn of the traffic cop. That being said....we are all royally screwed. Thank you to those of you who voted in wynn and trudeau....not many better choices but come on! This is whats going to happen.....The planet is already way past the point of return, global warming is happening, glaciers are retreating a 1/4 mile horizontally and 100's of feet vertically a year, more violent storms each year, shorter winters....etc. So, it will get extremely hot world wide and eventually no crops will be able to grow. All live stock will die off because of this and subsequently down the line, the human food source will be cut off. Thats it! Then we all die off. The planet will then cycle it self back to a iceage then bump up to the climate we have now....40,000 years from now. End rant.

This BS carbon tax is one of the most brilliant government revenue generation schemes in a long time...since the dawn of the traffic cop. That being said....we are all royally screwed. Thank you to those of you who voted in wynn and trudeau....not many better choices but come on! This is whats going to happen.....The planet is already way past the point of return, global warming is happening, glaciers are retreating a 1/4 mile horizontally and 100's of feet vertically a year, more violent storms each year, shorter winters....etc. So, it will get extremely hot world wide and eventually no crops will be able to grow. All live stock will die off because of this and subsequently down the line, the human food source will be cut off. Thats it! Then we all die off. The planet will then cycle it self back to a iceage then bump up to the climate we have now....40,000 years from now. End rant.

uh huh but for now we/ 2 people will be livin in a 4000s sqft house with 2 SUV's in the driveway
Now wut!

poor ppl's probblems
I will be on higher ground or in a bunker with my plants.
bye!

Don't worry, that Kool-Aid should keep ya

Trudeau grew up in a wealthy family & so did his father

Meh. The highest-paid CEOs in Canada made the average Canadian's yearly salary by lunch of the first working day of 2017. Where's the outrage?

What does 'President' Trump make in a day compared to the average Michigan- or Wisconson-ite?

Meh. The highest-paid CEOs in Canada made the average Canadian's yearly salary by lunch of the first working day of 2017. Where's the outrage?

What does 'President' Trump make in a day compared to the average Michigan- or Wisconson-ite?

the commie credo

the commie credo

What's that? What specifically did I write that is the "commie credo"?

Is that like other people complaining of the life of privilege and money that our political elites -- of all stripes -- enjoy?

People seem to complain that Trudeau is rolling in money and runs in rich circles. Just making sure these same folks think about their hero to the south who also plays the part of "friend of the working man" but has money and influence pouring out his arse and who, like JT, hasn't really had to struggle for much in his life.

What's that? What specifically did I write that is the "commie credo"?

Is that like other people complaining of the life of privilege and money that our political elites -- of all stripes -- enjoy?

People seem to complain that Trudeau is rolling in money and runs in rich circles. Just making sure these same folks think about their hero to the south who also plays the part of "friend of the working man" but has money and influence pouring out his arse and who, like JT, hasn't really had to struggle for much in his life.

You're asking where the outrage is about CEOs making a lot of money. That's commie ********. Spread the wealth eh? They're too rich, they should give some of that to the poor, eh?

Thus, commie credo.

You're asking where the outrage is about CEOs making a lot of money. That's commie ********. Spread the wealth eh? They're too rich, they should give some of that to the poor, eh?

Some people are so obtuse.

One guy complains about the wealth of the PM. I ask why he's not outraged about the wealth of CEOs and suddenly I'm a "commie."

I called you a commie?

What was that about being obstuse lol

Some people are so obtuse.

One guy complains about the wealth of the PM. I ask why he's not outraged about the wealth of CEOs and suddenly I'm a "commie."
you forgot about the trump part

Back
Top Bottom