Trail tours, horrible experience! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trail tours, horrible experience!

Jbrizzy, are you the guy I talked to at Riverdale Park on Broadview Ave in front of my WR250x? That sucks about your experience.

No, I am definitely not. I've never been to Riverdale park. Yeah we were all disappointed with the experience, my nephew the most.. Which is really only why I posted. At 32 I'm used to things going bad sometimes.

My two cents: last year with Smart, took my 11-year old and had the best day on two wheels. Went out and chose a dirt bike right after. This year Trail Tours through ODSC--another terrific day out. Trail Tours were very knowledgeable, had plenty of staff and a well-planned day, and I learnt a lot. I'm sorry your nephew lost out but it does sound like and admin/communication screw-up so while I understand your disappointment it doesn't seem to be typical of Trail Tours. I really would give them another shot at some point.

I'm glad to hear you guys had a blast! I really hope my nephew likes it and wants to get into it. Everytime I go by him, him and all his friends run around going 'coooooooollll, niiiiiiice bike oooooo'
Lol while I glare them down Cuz I don't want no finger prints or scratches.
So when he goes back to school he's for sure going to tell them and be gettin all the hunnies lol

Just to add my comments to this thread...

Been using Trial Tours annually for about 6 years now. We have a group thats grown in size each time and each time we have a better experience. The first time we booked, we used an online system. The remainder of the times I sent emails about the group size and peoples names/ experience. Now, I remember reading here or elsewhere that they book up fast. We go in Sept/Oct, but put in a tentative booking every spring when they open up, that way my friends etc can get it in their calendar and be organised.

Now, having said all that, there is a lack of immediate communication with the group there. Ive deal with Steve in the past (owner?) and hes been great but emails/calls may not be returned for a few days between. Because we book from way out, time has not been an issue.
The past 2 years another person in our group takes it on them to organise the day, so I dont know how things have gone. But I do know, its hard to get a booking there is it fills up fast.

Enjoy your day out with your nephew, I know its heartbreaking having to disappoint kids, .

That's exactly what happened with the calls and emails not being returned for days, whilst chasing after them. I guess business is great for them lol. I am an elevator mechanic and I guess I expect business' to run like all the others... Everyone has a smart phone now, there's really no reason to not be able to check emails for days.. And trying to sneak in a 11:20pm email hoping I wouldn't catch it till the next day(caught from my HTC m8 one) ... That is purposely.

To be clear, I've never been there, or have any affiliation with them what so ever. I just know they're very highly regarded

I think had you paid your deposit 2 weeks in advance, there likely wouldn't be an issue. By your own account, you were scrambling last minute to get your information to them. Whether their fault or your own, it's a recipe for disaster. Hopefully they clear it up for you somehow.

In being highly regarded, I went to them from forum browsing from here. So yeah I mean I heard good things from the members. I always forum read stuff and research before venturing out.

As far as clearing it up, all I got was that one email saying can't be done --our deepest apologies.
I sent them an email after professionally, no swearing or cussing .
Asking if they are going to do anything to fix this because the negligence was on their part along with other questions.

Nobody responded and they ignore our phone calls. So I'm not going to go running after them to give them my business and $$..

That's not my style..

This prelude is to see if I like dirt biking enough to buy my own as well . I'm okay giving the money to someone else that has the time and courtesy to respond back at this day and digital age

Last edited:
Has anyone else had a poor experience with Trail Tours other than Jbrizzy? Or a bad experience with Smart Adventures? There are just as many, if not more, bad customers than bad customer service.

Has anyone else had a poor experience with Trail Tours other than Jbrizzy? Or a bad experience with Smart Adventures? There are just as many, if not more, bad customers than bad customer service.

Done both with my son, good experiences with both Clinton and Steve, would not hesitate to recommend either business.

Happy belated birthday. Sorry to hear about the bad experience. I've ridden with Trail Tours three times and it was always a superb experience. Shame.

It's a free country, you're entitled to your opinion. It's funny calling me a bad customer though when you don't even know me as a person or my character. It's a baseless assumption none the less . Guess your life is better than mine if you haven't had a problem with them.

It's a free country, you're entitled to your opinion. It's funny calling me a bad customer though when you don't even know me as a person or my character. It's a baseless assumption none the less . Guess your life is better than mine if you haven't had a problem with them.
I wasn't calling you a bad customer, it was more of a general comment about people in the GTA who can be difficult customers. Sorry if I offended you. There are always 3 sides to every story though.

Lots of companies will follow the money.

If you're booking a once in a lifetime event, and someone who goes every year,
decides they want to go then, you're most likely getting bumped,
even if they book last minute and tell the company not to incovenience anyone else.

In that case they should have the balls to state it squarely and right away without playing games. I'd be peeved too .... Just let me know and I will take my money elsewhere. Simple.

I wasn't calling you a bad customer, it was more of a general comment about people in the GTA who can be difficult customers. Sorry if I offended you. There are always 3 sides to every story though.

Np, sorry I misunderstood you.

In that case they should have the balls to state it squarely and right away without playing games. I'd be peeved too .... Just let me know and I will take my money elsewhere. Simple.

Yes exactly my sentiments.

To add to this though, I just have to say that we ended up going to smart adventures and had an inexplicably amazing time! The staff were friendly, polite and funny. They spent time with everyone and tried to teach you exactly what you need to do to improve your skills. The difference between coming there and leaving was night and day.

+1 smart Adventures I'll be going there again with my friends soon(full day this time) .. We all had such a blast.. (I am recovering though physically and mentally)

My wife and I went to Smart Adventures a couple of years ago. She was a complete novice and my dirt skills sucked; by the end of the day she was riding easy trails and I was getting some air off of jumps. Great instruction and very positive coaches. Loved it.

I did a day with Trail Tours with a friend about 10 years ago. Our guide seemed bored with our group of slow riders, and the instruction provided was pretty basic. Not sure if it's the same owners now. Just my 2 cents.

So I went back to smart adventure tours for my second time dirt biking and it was amazing as well! Would recommend them to everyone, absolutely amazing teaching skills and they care and take time with you if you need it!
That being said.. I still hadnt received anything from trail tours so I sent this to them on Aug 11 2016 2:23pm.

Thank you for not having the courtesy to respond back or rectify our problem. I have been to smart adventure tours twice now and am really satisfied with their level of service(maybe Clinton offers training courses in customer service also). I also have saved all our correspondences including this email. I will be making sure that everyone finds out about our experience(especially my kids) . I have already posted on the gta motorcycle forum and trip advisor. Needless to say that I will be definitely not be recommending y'all to anyone. You can hide from and ignore my emails as much as you want to. Just remember karma is a *****.
And I will definitely be kicking up a storm. Enjoy the warm weather.

And he responded last night at 10:23p.m(to my surprise)

We had some bike damage we could not fix in time with a big wait for parts and two staff members injured so we were out for the count.
Sorry once again.

Best Regards,
Office 905-987-3218
Mobile 705-875-2980
http://www.trailtour.com

Now keep in mind he told me he had 59 people booked that day And in no way did he mention any part of his email. Also why I feel he's lying is because his story changes everytime and having known all these things why would you string people on? Like does he just throw crap out to see what will stick?

Last edited:
Surprised to hear this. Literally from hearing hundreds, if not more, exstatic and positive reviews about them and this is actually the first time ever hearing something negative like this. I wondering if was just a mis-communication due to such short notice? They are very popular and usually sold out far in advance (weeks or more). Everytime we (my family) went to trail tours it was the absolute best experience ever and we keep going back for more.

So I went back to smart adventure tours for my second time dirt biking and it was amazing as well! Would recommend them to everyone, absolutely amazing teaching skills and they care and take time with you if you need it!
That being said.. I still hadnt received anything from trail tours so I sent this to them on Aug 11 2016 2:23pm.

Thank you for not having the courtesy to respond back or rectify our problem. I have been to smart adventure tours twice now and am really satisfied with their level of service(maybe Clinton offers training courses in customer service also). I also have saved all our correspondences including this email. I will be making sure that everyone finds out about out experience(especially my kids) . I have already posted on the gta motorcycle forum and trip advisor. Needless to say that I will be definitely not be recommending y'all to anyone. You can hide from and ignore my emails as much as you want to. Just remember karma is a *****.
And I will definitely be kicking up a storm. Enjoy the warm weather.

And he responded last night at 10:23p.m(to my surprise)

We had some bike damage we could not fix in time with a big wait for parts and two staff members injured so we were out for the count.
Sorry once again.

Best Regards,
Office 905-987-3218
Mobile 705-875-2980
http://www.trailtour.com

Now keep in mind he told me he had 59 people booked that day And in no way did he mention any part of his email. Also why I feel he's lying is because his story changes everytime and having known all these things why would you string people on? Like does he just throw crap out to see what will stick?

Also just curious, what are you asking for?
Are you planning on booking something or asking for something for free, and why?
Doesn't he explain in the reply why things got changed and why they couldn't accommodate the numbers (injuries and broken equipment which sounds pretty important)?
I guess looking at this from both sides, they had difficulty accommodating your booking, but it's in the peak of their season and at a time they are usually sold out.
Sucks but couldn't you book for another weekend? Every time we book, we are open with a few dates because I assure you we are not the only ones booking so that means we have to be flexible. I generally book a month or more out at the height of riding season. Late fall is much better for availability.
Why are you cursing in your email, I guess I don't see what you want other than to be extremely rude and immature.
Also it's not clear what needs to be rectified, did you pay anything and not receive a service? Don't think you got that far and haven't paid anything.

I'm just shocked at how you're attacking and honest and hardworking business like that. Do you get blasted like that at your job when things don't go so well?
Have you looked over your approach on the entire situation on how hostile and entitled your communications are? Just re-read it and imagine that was directed at you.
It' a personal vendetta because they couldn't drop everything for you. Goes beyond feeling bummed about missing the booking, it's just too much.

Also just curious, what are you asking for?
Answer: A response and apology

Are you planning on booking something or asking for something for free, and why?

Answer: I'm old enough to know nothing in life is free , nor am I looking for handouts. As for booking again, I'm skeptical about booking with them now and they took long enough to roll out an apology. (this isn't my first email to them, they ignored my last one)

Doesn't he explain in the reply why things got changed and why they couldn't accommodate the numbers (injuries and broken equipment which sounds pretty important)?

Answer: yes, this time he said injury and bad equipment. At the moment in time in which it happened, he said that he couldn't book because he has 59 people and no mention about injuries and not enough equipment.

I guess looking at this from both sides, they had difficulty accommodating your booking, but it's in the peak of their season and at a time they are usually sold out.
Sucks but couldn't you book for another weekend?

Answer: sure, if he had been courteous enough to give me some head room for myself instead of stringing us to the last day. Especially it being a special day. Any owner/operator knows their Max capacity unless they are over booking. That's his job, not mine. I know my work.

Every time we book, we are open with a few dates because I assure you we are not the only ones booking so that means we have to be flexible. I generally book a month or more out at the height of riding season. Late fall is much better for availability.

Answer: it's our first time so we don't really know all this, but so far I've booked with smart adventure tours twice while booking within the week and no problems and they had more than two weeks.

Why are you cursing in your email, I guess I don't see what you want other than to be extremely rude and immature.

Answer: first of all of if you read it correctly.. I said karma is a **** ,not he is a **** . I think you should read everything a bit more conscisely . Second, it is a saying.. So don't get mad at me--i didn't create it. Thirdly if I am offered this level of service, I have every right to get angry. Fourthly, this isn't me being rude and immature, it gets much worse.

Also it's not clear what needs to be rectified, did you pay anything and not receive a service? Don't think you got that far and haven't paid anything.

Answer: I was trying to get ahold of them to pay the whole Gd time . O i want an apology for wasting my time.

I'm just shocked at how you're attacking and honest and hardworking business like that. Do you get blasted like that at your job when things don't go so well?

Answer: how do you know they are honest and hardworking? I'm honest and hard working and youre trying to put me on blast. A little hypocritical in the least but everyone nowadays thinks they are judge and jury. If I did what he did, I would be fired on the spot and I would expect it.

Have you looked over your approach on the entire situation on how hostile and entitled your communications are? Just re-read it and imagine that was directed at you.

Answer: my response was kurt and to the point, after him ignoring my last emails (which didn't have any cursing) I wasn't even expecting a response TBH. It was my last vent to him.

It' a personal vendetta because they couldn't drop everything for you. Goes beyond feeling bummed about missing the booking, it's just too much.

Answer: yeah any one ***** with my nephew they will get blasted, you included. I don't expect you to understand how family works.

Ps. While a place may not have negative reviews ON this forum, you're a fool to think everything and everyone and anyone is perfect. Even based just on ratios there may be 10:1,100:1, 1000:1.. You understand?
Nothing and no one is perfect, Just like your post. So yes I had a negative experience whether you like it or not, accept it or not. But this is how much I care at this point|| <--measure with ruler and violin.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom