Traffic!!!! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Traffic!!!!

How can anyone (living in To for at least 1 year) find it surprising about traffic on the 401 or DVP during rush periods?
DVP is busy until 11pm going south and easily North most of the times.

401 traffic is just bonkers starting at 3pm both directions.

I really and truly do not know how you people do this daily.
You are literally spending your life sitting in traffic. Add up the time over a YEAR and you might be surprised.

Same goes for the amount of time you spend on this forum ;)

My old commute was 12 minutes on a good day, from driveway to sitting at my desk. Over an hour on a bad day.

When I commuted to Keele and 7 everyday, I put between 15-20 hours a week just commuting. It sucked and I was always so tired. I now work 20 minutes from home, commute on country roads with an 80km limit and it's awesome. Yes I lost a couple dollars leaving the GTA, but I couldn't care less. I'm home way more and I'm actually awake to spend time with the kids.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Same goes for the amount of time you spend on this forum ;)

This little speed bump on the information super hiway is like the pub 'round the corner for some of us regulars. Time well spent.

When I commuted to Keele and 7 everyday, I put between 15-20 hours a week just commuting. It sucked and I was always so tired. I now work 20 minutes from home, commute on country roads with an 80km limit and it's awesome. Yes I lost a couple dollars leaving the GTA, but I couldn't care less. I'm home way more and I'm actually awake to spend time with the kids.

Good man. Although it was accidental, my commute was recently halved. Hard to imagine I put up with the downtown dooshery dance for so long. Would NEVER go back to that for any amount of money. Hope that country stays country but I can see the subdivisions spreading northward.

It's only going to get worse. WAY worse. Just went from burlington-mississauga on highway 5 (dundas) during rush hour. Hit every red light along the way. The way they are building along the whole route it's like we're opening the borders to anyone who wants to come in? Must be over 5000 new homes/townhomes/condos along that stretch? I don't know how so many people can afford $400,000+ places

Feels great, doesn't it? :)
I got it down to where I could walk maybe 10 minutes to the store, but I'd take an hour on the way home because I stopped in to see the other merchants on the street.
Then I could walk the dogs, take out the canoe, make some dinner, mow the lawn and still have 'me' time before bed. Talk about saving your sanity.

Best area I lived for riding was the Kawarthas. As soon as you're out the driveway, it's curves and hills and lakes in every direction. And still in reach of bigger places.
Now it's Orangeville - Arthur - Erin triangle. What a **** area of the province to end up in for riding unless you like putting flats on your tires in a straight line for 30 minutes at a time, while looking out for bored sleepy drivers passing transport trucks and being sandblasted by the same winds that drive all those turbine towers.

Feels great, doesn't it? :)
I got it down to where I could walk maybe 10 minutes to the store, but I'd take an hour on the way home because I stopped in to see the other merchants on the street.
Then I could walk the dogs, take out the canoe, make some dinner, mow the lawn and still have 'me' time before bed. Talk about saving your sanity.

Best area I lived for riding was the Kawarthas. As soon as you're out the driveway, it's curves and hills and lakes in every direction. And still in reach of bigger places.
Now it's Orangeville - Arthur - Erin triangle. What a **** area of the province to end up in for riding unless you like putting flats on your tires in a straight line for 30 minutes at a time, while looking out for bored sleepy drivers passing transport trucks and being sandblasted by the same winds that drive all those turbine towers.
Yes it does feel great. I live in Angus, not too far from your triangle. Got back 20 minutes ago from a day riding Muskoka. I also ride dufferin/grey county alot.

I moved from Woodbridge to Barrie 10 yrs ago and I can tell you its no better up here with all of the GTA ppl moving up here and it only going to get worse with the land Barrie anexed(sp?) from Inisfill,oh and dont forget the cottagers on the weekend. Fortunately for me I dont have have to commute to the city.

It's only going to get worse. WAY worse. Just went from burlington-mississauga on highway 5 (dundas) during rush hour. Hit every red light along the way. The way they are building along the whole route it's like we're opening the borders to anyone who wants to come in? Must be over 5000 new homes/townhomes/condos along that stretch? I don't know how so many people can afford $400,000+ places

400k? Are you sure? Unless you're talking condos and townhouses, those tiny lots start from 500k at least .... 40-45 ft lot is 800k

Solid education and a good job helps

Both of which is not hand in hand.

The correct answer is....good paying jobs. Nothing to do with education. Good luck paying student debts before getting 400k townhouse

There used to be some kids many years ago who would block out the "g" in Angus on the signs - made for some funny times I bet:)
I wonder if it's still a thing.
I know what im doing next time im going up to see my friends

You can follow the trail of the never ending expansion of the GTA by following the price of houses.
They increase geometrically by the expansion of GO trains.
In the past few years GO was expanded to include Guelph and Cambridge. Housing has increased in both places.
Now they are looking at London and Kitchener. Housing is going up there too.

Both of which is not hand in hand.

The correct answer is....good paying jobs. Nothing to do with education. Good luck paying student debts before getting 400k townhouse

Good "luck" with that well paying job with no education then.

Best thing someone ever did for me was give me a copy of The Wealthy Barber at 13. Taught me to save 10 (I used to do 25) percent of everything I earned, even if it was just the money from the farm for picking berries.

Second best thing was having a job early. Saved for college and that condo for when I was done.

Start early, whether it's your money, education or in this case your travel route!

Good "luck" with that well paying job with no education then.

Best thing someone ever did for me was give me a copy of The Wealthy Barber at 13. Taught me to save 10 (I used to do 25) percent of everything I earned, even if it was just the money from the farm for picking berries.

Second best thing was having a job early. Saved for college and that condo for when I was done.

Start early, whether it's your money, education or in this case your travel route!

The only issue with your suggestion is its too broad. Ofcourse education helps ... only if its related to your career.

Sadly, most youngster are clueless of what they want to do and the pressure of having education pushed them onto a wrong path of education. This can set someone back 10 yrs of hardworking.

I've met young grads that now work in complete different field, effectly wasted 4 yrs of university.... ie. A guy now works for a lawn care company

So my advice to any young adult is find what you want to do or a well paying job that can pay what you want, if you're not sure go out and find any job so you can figure it out the sooner the better...... oh and there is no set rule of going to university at 18.

Let other clueless kids brag about their programs at their university.... they're probably not learning as much as you are, having hand on experience.

I agree about saving, another key for retirement. Infact if you're just told about saving....then you should have been saving 10 yrs ago. Most young grads with their new entry level jobs think they can save later, they want to enjoy life first....so they go out and buy toys.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom