Tire pressure, and suspension setup | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire pressure, and suspension setup

油井緋色;2374564 said:
Gonna bump this since the motorcycle show is coming up.

Any warmers that you guys recommend? I may only use it for one season as I might have to stop riding for a few years :'(

A used set that you can sell at the end of the season.

If you look around the (trackday) paddock bickles (not the chinease ones) are quite popular. Not inexpensive, but work well and john supports his stuff. Support those that support us. They hold value since everyone knows what they are should you have to sell them in a season.

I picked up a used set of Bickle warmers a few years ago, no issues at all and I'm sure I could sell them today for what I paid.

So if I am new and slow riding a Ninja 300, I don't need tire warmers right? If I plan on pushing it to it's limit racing then I should get slicks and tire warmers. I don't accelerate or brake nearly as much as the rest of the guys so will I lose too much heat anyways? Does all this mainly apply to 600's and 1000's? I'm going to leave my stock tires at 30psi front and back cold and see how it goes.
Don't even bother with the oem ones. you wont feel confident at all. if you have the pirelli's just put them on now.

油井緋色;2374564 said:
Gonna bump this since the motorcycle show is coming up.

Any warmers that you guys recommend? I may only use it for one season as I might have to stop riding for a few years :'(

Buy Bickle if you want the best.
Buy MotoD if you want cheap price (they're 'okay')

+1 for having power trackside. Race ORG's and track owners should set-up a formal "fund" for the project.
I would be on board as would many others that ride on the track I'm sure.

Thanks for the responses. I'll call Bickle after the bike show; apparently he doesn't go...?

Buy MotoD if you want cheap price (they're 'okay')
Amazon uses a set of Moto-D. 2012 non-pro model. Rear burned out and was replaced with the newer style carbon pro series. The front also failed last year(only gets mildly warm) and was replaced with another of the non-pro original. The pro rear works great, the front still works mediocre(takes forever to heat up and never gets as hot as the rear).

The plus is they will warranty them up to 2 years after purchase and even if you aren't the original purchaser(our case). Downside is it took 3 months to get a replacement.

When I went to buy myself a new set they weren't really any cheaper than Bickle with the exchange rate, which, at the time, was a lot better than it is now.

油井緋色;2374787 said:
Thanks for the responses. I'll call Bickle after the bike show; apparently he doesn't go...?
I could be wrong, but i don't think he's making warmers anymore. Just selling the other warmers.

I could be wrong, but i don't think he's making warmers anymore. Just selling the other warmers.

While it's true that he no longer makes the new sets in his workshop, they are made to his specifications by a reputable outsourced manufacturer. I bought a new set of the programmable warmers at the last RACE round and am pretty happy with the product. The material is much easier to wrap around the tires and the elastic skirt seems to help the warmer wrap around the cross section of the tire much better. The new Velcro placement took a little getting used to but is also seems to be a bit more robust and easier to use. At first I wasn't too keen on the new controller box but the new set up allows you a bit more latitude to spin the wheel if need be, in case you neglected to position the valve stem correctly or if you want to partially unwrap the tire in order to drop the wheel for a quick spring change, etc.... The new warmers also came up to temp much faster than the old programmable model even on a chilly late September morning and can heat up the latest Dunlop slick to the proper temperatures, something the 80 degree models could not achieve.

I went with Bickle's last Spring as well. As already stated they're an easy sell for good money when you're done with them as they're well-known for good reasons.

Shannonville new electrical outlets installed and ready to go for 2016.

MT shared some pics. Located on panels at the poles and not distributed through the paddocks.

Looked to be about 15 plug sets per pole.

Edit: and speculation of some asphalt repairs coming too

My dream is that tracks put in outlets, and charge $10 or $20 a day to plug in. Ctmp in may was awesome plug in and its quiet. Like the days before warmers were needed.

Last edited:

MT shared some pics. Located on panels at the poles and not distributed through the paddocks.

Nice!

Edit: and speculation of some asphalt repairs coming too
What is MT and where can I see these pics?

Just got off the phone with someone at Shannonville, there's two poles with 16 outlets each, price and booking method has not been finalized yet.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

It must be the off-season. You guys are anxious.

They will post on Shannonville FB page with details when they have their procedures figured out.

Just got off the phone with someone at Shannonville, there's two poles with 16 outlets each, price and booking method has not been finalized yet.

Weren't they there already last season? I saw a rider next to me using them.

Really hope they repave that track...been there once. The bumpiness scared the **** out of me at first.

油井緋色;2377625 said:
Weren't they there already last season? I saw a rider next to me using them.

Really hope they repave that track...been there once. The bumpiness scared the **** out of me at first.
Not that bad, you just have to go a little faster on the right line :)

Back
Top Bottom