Tire pressure, and suspension setup | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire pressure, and suspension setup

If only aprillia made a quiet invertor generator. There'd be one less noisy rattle box in the pits :)

My dream is that tracks put in outlets, and charge $10 or $20 a day to plug in. Ctmp in may was awesome plug in and its quiet. Like the days before warmers were needed.

My dream is that tracks put in outlets, and charge $10 or $20 a day to plug in. Ctmp in may was awesome plug in and its quiet. Like the days before warmers were needed.
That would be awesome - No need to bring a generator to make a cup of coffee :)

There are a few outlets at SMP the I know people have used, but really just a few. The power requirements for everyone at a race weekend would be quite large.

They sourced quotes to make it similar to a campground with outlets down through the paddock.

I think the administration side of the option is what prevented it from going forward or it could be upfront cost.

There are a few outlets at SMP the I know people have used, but really just a few. The power requirements for everyone at a race weekend would be quite large.

It's unreliable power too. If you're using it to power your trailer that's one thing but for warmers I prefer to use my genny. You never know if the breakers going to pop or your cord is going to fall out of the plug.

Definitely it would be an expensive project. If CTMP or 'bogie don't have it I doubt SMP or any other track in Canada would.

They can all do it, they choose not to.Several years ago, before the "slump" at SMP ,,, I had 50 people prepared to pay $150-ish for the next year for power.
You could run power down the middle and cement it in or poles. If you charged $25 a weekend as soon as the install charge is covered you would make money.
The same as having the "Honey Wagon" there when you leave, or dropping in a holding tank,,$20 is roughly a campground fee to dump and fill,, why can't they see this?
SHUBY has power!!!! Wake up track owners!

I think I have a Chinese generator somewhere...lol

Mike R and I talked about this last year.Charging for on site supplied power. I even asked the company i work for if they would help. We are prepared to install conduits and run wire and charge only our cost of time and materials.
I would even try to charge less if possible.

Mike R and I talked about this last year.Charging for on site supplied power. I even asked the company i work for if they would help. We are prepared to install conduits and run wire and charge only our cost of time and materials.
I would even try to charge less if possible.

I'm sure that the racers would put some money behind it, too. I don't know how much but really... a couple hundred bucks like John describes is a drop in the bucket especially when you consider that it would be *once* and you wouldn't have to fuel or maintain a generator.

not sure, but being a greener world, would it not be possible to lobby for some kind of funding? the track would be eliminating large amounts of gas burning small engines every weekend there is an event. Greener?
would make me feel greener, or at least less guilty when using MR12.

I could see the power outlet thing working at a place like SMP where they have an organized paddock. A bit like a campground, they could have a row of power poles, 50 ~ 75 feet part running between the rows. At a place like CTMP or Calabogie it might be difficult, only the perimeter could be electrified. Calabogie uses their paddock for slalom events, so poles down the middle are out of the question, and, the paddock is only organized when John shows up with a clipboard. It might be possible at CTMP with just the perimeter, but think of an event with cars requiring 4 times the power for warmers ( and double that if they have more than one set of tires to prep.)

Gonna bump this since the motorcycle show is coming up.

Any warmers that you guys recommend? I may only use it for one season as I might have to stop riding for a few years :'(

Back
Top Bottom