Thoughts about Yamaha TW200. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thoughts about Yamaha TW200.

I have one. I love it. It is under the cover for the winter now. I bought new in 2021, when I could finally find one. It doesn't go anywhere fast but it goes in style. The stock seat is painful so I got a Seat Concepts seat. Just before winter I put on a new front tire after the stock one tried to kill me. I've put about 9,000kms on it. Awesome on insurance and gas. An oil change only takes 1 litre of oil and the oil filter is reusable. And I've used it multiple times on the 410/427 and QEW (it is better with a tail wind).DSCF3763.JPG

Last edited:
2024 Yamaha TW200 > $7,004.87 >> 278lbs >>> 16 hp
2024 Suzuki DRZ400 > $8,999.00 >> 321lbs >>> 33.4hp

2024 Yamaha XT250 >$7,456.87 >> 291lbs >>> 18hp
Kawasaki Sherpa 250 not made since 2002

Thanks for your input. Looking to buy new.
While the XT250 is close, and the Suzuki DRZ400 is tempting, I'm liking the funky look of the TW200.
Still a couple weeks to decide, but thinking the TW200.
I think your prices are off, new 2024 bikes in Ontario:
TW200 $6500+ tax
DR400S $9500+ tax

Out the door, you're looking at >45% premium for the DR.

I think your prices are off, new 2024 bikes in Ontario:
TW200 $6500+ tax
DR400S $9500+ tax

Out the door, you're looking at >45% premium for the DR.
I was going by Yamaha & Suzuki Canada websites.

Perhaps a gtam sniper best you to it!

@PrivatePilot

Sniper strikes again!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I don't know who you are. but I know what motorcycle you want. If you are looking for ransom I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop trying to buy that bike you're looking at, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you fight back and keep trying to buy it, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will steal that motorcycle out from under you from the seller.

I don't know who you are. but I know what motorcycle you want. If you are looking for ransom I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop trying to buy that bike you're looking at, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you fight back and keep trying to buy it, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will steal that motorcycle out from under you from the seller.
Taken 18 :ROFLMAO:

Friend of a friend posted this today.

Won't last long.
8ed728584aecbbe7a3a72c4c1df6709a.jpg

2006 tw, $3 grand. Listed two days ago.

I liked the TW and would scratch my itch to get back off pavement here....but not at these prices :eek:

I've also had my eye on them the last couple of years. Look like a lot of slow fun for the money. The ones that are priced right sell really fast. Was so cheesed last year I missed out on a basically new 2021 one with a couple hundred km on it for $4500, thought I was first in line but got sold out from under me. Going to look at another one Monday if seller isn't toying with me. As others have said, can pretty much keep it for a few years for almost free and sell for close to what you pay.

A bit thrashed, but not a bad deal starting point for negotiations. Bonus is a kickstart version

1710268458074.png

I prefer the newer bikes. Kickstart sounds great but when they took out the kickstart, they added a front disk brake. I'd prefer being able to stop then have the luxury of not worrying about keeping the battery charged in order to start the bike.

Back
Top Bottom