The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 92 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes...0r/1326149585?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
$_59.JPG

I miss my Ninja 250 so I took a look at this today. A scuffed fairing but no cracks or damage, otherwise it looked babied. These never sold in great numbers, I guess that's why they sell cheap. My insurance quote on this 400 was less than a Ninja 250 or 300!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes...0r/1326149585?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
$_59.JPG

I miss my Ninja 250 so I took a look at this today. A scuffed fairing but no cracks or damage, otherwise it looked babied. These never sold in great numbers, I guess that's why they sell cheap. My insurance quote on this 400 was less than a Ninja 250 or 300!

Not a bad bike at all; but the rash is extensive and its not certified- I find $3000 too high a price- considering the damage.
EDIT another issue is the tires on the bike, with 7000kms on the bike the rear tire is likely getting low on tread depth considering that the tires are oem original. At 7 years old I wouldn't want to ride it w/o new tires fr and rr.

Last edited:
Ninja 400s were not made for regulatory reasons, they were made for market reasons. Way back insurance companies started grouping bikes under 500ccs together at very low rates -- hence the trickle up from 250 to 400cc for starter bikes. This was the quickest way into the market.

The existing EX250 couldnt handle the power and braking for a 45hp bike so they downsized the Ninja 650 engine to fit the market.

These bikes outperform Ninja 300s, they are probably going to fall behind the new Ninja 400 except for comfort and braking.

For me the 400 is a no brainer over the 300 -- cheaper to insure, better performance, way better braking, a lot more comfortable ergos.

Last edited:
Ninja 400s were not made for regulatory reasons, they were made for market reasons. W insurance companies started grouping bikes under 500ccs together at very low rates

They don't make models for regulations in Ontario or for insurance purposes.

They DO make models for learner category under 46HP ....that applies to Europe UK, Australia and Japan.

A major redesign of the current Ninja 300, the 2018 Ninja 400 features an all-new 399cc parallel twin that Kawasaki claims will produce 45 hp at 10,000 rpm and 28 pound-feet of torque at 8,000 rpm.

No motorcycle makes bikes specifically for Canada, they do 'make' products fit Canadian regulatory and market conditions. In the case of the Ninja 400, it's made to fit market requirements for cheap insurance by 1) being of a sport touring design, and 2) being less than 500cc and probably some at Kawa hoped it one-upped emerging competitors in a segment they dominated.

Success in the market is a totally different story, that's about filling or generating market demand. The 1st gen Ninja 400 was a bit of an odd duck, it never gained a lot of traction in the marketplace -- a good bike but caught inbetween a 250 and 650. Had Kawi dumped the 2011 250, the 400 might have been a hit.

Not really ...they import models that fall under the Learner Class for other markets with much stiffer legislation.

Ya I'm definitely looking for the abs models. I spotted another 2007 for $3700. Can these be found for $3000 or should i expect to pay $4000+ for an abs sv650?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...as/1310277695?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

"2007 SV650S ABS -Crash guards -Two Bros slip on - Front racetech fork springs and emulators -Rear GSXR1000 shock -SW motech luggage rack -Touring windshield -fender delete kit -l.e.d turn signals -Soft side bags with fabricated mount Great sounding v-twin, rigid aluminum frame and long wheelbase make it very stable at speed, very little wind hits me while riding. I get 58 mpg driving conservatively with the saddlebags + a rear box. All fluids changed for sale. Used as a commuter and for trips. Oil changed every 5000km. Valves checked 2000 km ago, in spec. I am selling because got an upright position bike. $3700"

$_59.JPG

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...as/1310277695?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

"2007 SV650S ABS -Crash guards -Two Bros slip on - Front racetech fork springs and emulators -Rear GSXR1000 shock -SW motech luggage rack -Touring windshield -fender delete kit -l.e.d turn signals -Soft side bags with fabricated mount Great sounding v-twin, rigid aluminum frame and long wheelbase make it very stable at speed, very little wind hits me while riding. I get 58 mpg driving conservatively with the saddlebags + a rear box. All fluids changed for sale. Used as a commuter and for trips. Oil changed every 5000km. Valves checked 2000 km ago, in spec. I am selling because got an upright position bike. $3700"

$_59.JPG

This is the one, good deal or a bit too pricey? I've been looking for about a week so I'm not too familiar with the avg price.

This is the one, good deal or a bit too pricey? I've been looking for about a week so I'm not too familiar with the avg price.

Are you going to keep it? If no buy an R3 for that kind of money.

As a comparison I just took a deposit on my 2004 SV650N that's bone stock for $3150. This bike has $500-$1000 in performance upgrades plus hard and soft luggage you could possibly sell. Also doesn't hurt to just make an offer. Time to start looking for me GSX650F or 2007 Bandit 650 please.

$_59.JPG
It's got pretty good mod list. Well, at least mods that I like.

Clean and less old SVs were around 4k last summer when I was looking, so for me it seems to be fair price.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

It's got pretty good mod list. Well, at least mods that I like.

Clean and less old SVs were around 4k last summer when I was looking, so for me it seems to be fair price.

It depends.

Tires ok? Chain and sprockets? Brake pads? Is the engine running smooth? any rattle from cam chain tensioner? Has the FI been tuned for the pipe? clutch working properly? What weight are the race tech springs and is it suitable for your weight. If not you will need to rplace them, and does it really have emulators? Only way to know is to look in the forks. or did he remove them b4 putting up for sale? Putting on a shock from one bike to another is a hack job? Now if it had a penske shock I would think here is a guy who cares about his bike. the list goes on. Just chain, sprockets, and a new rear tire, plus safety, could cost $800 plus. You need someone to look at the bike. Says he checked the valve clearances and there ok - of course he did this himself, is he a tech? there will be no receipt for any work/mods done. Do not take the sellers word on anything. I would say 3/4 of the bikes on kijiji are being sold because there is some sort of issue that the seller is not forth coming on. Tread carefully.

Doesn't really seem like a great deal to me, even at $3 grand. and doesn't look especially well cared for. I find the mods rather funky...even a little alarming.

Last edited:
Are you going to keep it? If no buy an R3 for that kind of money.

The R3 is on my watch list but I'd much rather have a bike with ABS. I really got to see the difference in braking with and without ABS when i did my M2 course. Sadly only newer R3's have the abs so im really focusing on ninja 300, cbr500 and sv650s abs models

It depends.

Tires ok? Chain and sprockets? Brake pads? Is the engine running smooth? any rattle from cam chain tensioner? Has the FI been tuned for the pipe? clutch working properly? What weight are the race tech springs and is it suitable for your weight. If not you will need to rplace them. Putting on a shock from one bike to another is a hack job? Now if it had a penske shock I would think here is a guy who cares about his bike. the list goes on. Just chain, sprockets, and a new rear tire, plus safety, could cost $800 plus. You need someone to look at the bike. Says he checked the valve clearances and there ok - of course he did this himself, is he a tech? there will be no receipt for any work done. Do not take the sellers word on anything. I would say 3/4 of the bikes on kijiji are being sold because there is some sort of issue that the seller is not forth coming on. Tread carefully.

Doesn't really seem like a great deal to me. and doesn't look especially well cared for. I find the mods rather funky...
Listen to this guy. I was too quick to judge on the listing since I'm not the one buying

Go to the general motorcycle thread "which 300 ninja would you buy" post number 49. Brand new bike with warranty for $600 bucks more than this SV650 ($4295 no pdi) Kind of puts things in perspective. (gone - as most good deals are within 24-48 hours) Its good to look and get a feel for things. Be patient. You will KNOW when its a good deal...

I would say 3/4 of the bikes on kijiji are being sold because there is some sort of issue that the seller is not forth coming on.

Nah man. That's awfully pessimistic. Of course that's the reason sometimes but it's generally easy to sniff out a dishonest seller. Vast majority of bikes are being sold because they are not being ridden enough. Second is probably insurance issues, especially when it comes to sport bikes. Having kids or getting married - probably third.
4th, I'd say - just wanting to try another type or model of a bike (I do that a lot).

As a comparison I just took a deposit on my 2004 SV650N that's bone stock for $3150. This bike has $500-$1000 in performance upgrades plus hard and soft luggage you could possibly sell. Also doesn't hurt to just make an offer. Time to start looking for me GSX650F or 2007 Bandit 650 please.
Why not go full bore? My bandit 1200 was amazingly cheap to insure.

Please view this ad:

2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...aign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

Price: $*4,000

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg
Or

Please view this ad:

2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S ABS,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-crui...aign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

Price: $*3,999

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom