The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 68 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

I had a 2004 ZZR250 as well, had a bottom fairing tho, which that one seems to be missing.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Wikipedia Link for the Ninja 250R, So Take With a Grain of Salt: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Ninja_250R
2008-2012 Looks like the 4th Gen Ninja 250, the EX250-J
The ZZR-250 You Guys Mentioned is likely a Late 3rd Gen, the EX250-H, This model came to Canada as the Ninja 250R between 2000 and 2002, after which it received a new name: ZZR-250, in line with the -H model's name elsewhere in the world, where it had existed since 1992

Last edited:
Last edited:
Anytime someone writes "priced to sell" + "firm" I walk away. Plus, to be honest, a Ninja 250 is not easy to get rid off with all these 300s available.

There's a whole bunch of 250s posted for anywhere between $1,500 and $2,500.
I've been keeping an eye out for a 250 for a little while for someone. I have yet to find one listed for $1500.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Thans @DemonPig gonna check my Kijiji settings, that one didn't come up in my search.

Edit: looks like she bought a bike this morning.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Last edited:
First gen CBR125? Try 800-900 bucks for a good deal (you can find them posted for ~ $1,200). They were getting rid of these bikes for $1,800 plus tax brand new.
I was going to say that too and I own one. I see the 1st gens with under 5000 km. I'm not even going to bother trying to sell mine. I'd have to give it away. In a few years the 250's and 300's are going to be in a similar price bracket

Sent from my X5max_PRO using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I was going to say that too and I own one. I see the 1st gens with under 5000 km. I'm not even going to bother trying to sell mine. I'd have to give it away. In a few years the 250's and 300's are going to be in a similar price bracket

Not necessarily. TBH I personally think a (good) CBR125 is worth a bit more than a thousand bucks, what it was worth when new is irrelevant especially now that nobody makes a 125 like it. I'm very sure I could sell one for more than a thousand bucks. The Grom is neat but not the same. Not all bikes depreciate the same, Hondas in particular - VFR800s and CBR600F4i had higher than average resale for a looong time. (But some depreciated in freefall, ask anyone who bought a CBF1000)

And for the longest time, there was pretty much only the GS500 and the EX500 for beginner bikes. Their value didn't change much from year until Kawi jumpstarted the market with the new Ninja 250

Last edited:

Last edited:
I think a good cbr125 is worth more than a thousand too, but I see a lot of them for sale and they don't seem to be moving. Maybe because the CBR 250 is coming down into the $2000 range. That surprises me. It seems the Ninja's held their value better. Then again, there wasn't anything else like it for a long time

Back
Top Bottom