The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Then his only mistake was lying to you and hoping the MTO wouldn't notice. Always ask the owner if this is his name, current info and signature on the ownership. Have him sign it or re-sign it in front of you and take a pic of it. If he's tried to hide info up to this point, walk away. There's nothing wrong with curb-siding, as long as you're honest. No one loses, but our greedy government. Some used vehicles are taxed ten or more times before they reach the boneyard

I got a good deal. :)
Mentioned before - sold it 3 yes later for the same + doubled the mileage..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trying to promote my bike here or anything... but i am trying to sell my bike and wondering if you guys think its fair.

2003 R1, 36k, 2 bros pipe, good shape. New q3's on it.

$3900 basically firm! What do ya think? too little, too much?

It will be worth more without the two bro's pipe! Lol...
Sounds like a fair deal, depends on the condition, of course.

It will be worth more without the two bro's pipe! Lol...
Sounds like a fair deal, depends on the condition, of course.

Not a 2 bros fan i assume? I love them! think the sound has a nice deep tone. Not so whiny!

Assuming come spring I wont get much more.

Not trying to promote my bike here or anything... but i am trying to sell my bike and wondering if you guys think its fair.

2003 R1, 36k, 2 bros pipe, good shape. New q3's on it.

$3900 basically firm! What do ya think? too little, too much?

pics!

Then his only mistake was lying to you and hoping the MTO wouldn't notice. Always ask the owner if this is his name, current info and signature on the ownership. Have him sign it or re-sign it in front of you and take a pic of it. If he's tried to hide info up to this point, walk away. There's nothing wrong with curb-siding, as long as you're honest. No one loses, but our greedy government. Some used vehicles are taxed ten or more times before they reach the boneyard

If our government is swimming in so much tax money, then why are we running spending deficits.

Geez..we all want healthcare, police, fire, ambulances, butter smooth highways, well paying government jobs...and pay no taxes...Rob Ford for Prime minister.

If our government is swimming in so much tax money, then why are we running spending deficits.

Geez..we all want healthcare, police, fire, ambulances, butter smooth highways, well paying government jobs...and pay no taxes...Rob Ford for Prime minister.

Or they could move to Greece I understand it worked out great for them...lol

Or they could move to Greece I understand it worked out great for them...lol

+1
thanks_obama-16196.gif

I bought a car last year for my lady. I put it in her name so she could acquire her own insurance. $1300 to the MTO to transfer it from prior owner to her name. Circumstances arose with her job that she had to put it back in my name. $1300 to the MTO again...all within one month! Is that greedy? F'n right it is. Is it fair? No! Rape the f'ers every chance you get! To get my $2600 bones back, I insist on $1 receipts for recreational vehicles. If Canada Revenue wants to come after me, I'm prepared.

Last edited:
I bought a car last year for my lady. I put it in her name so she could acquire her own insurance. $1300 to the MTO to transfer it from prior owner to her name. Circumstances arose with her job that she had to put it back in my name. $1300 to the MTO again...all within one month! Is that greedy? F'n right it is. Is it fair? No! Rape the f'ers every chance you get! To get my $2600 bones back, I insist on $1 receipts for recreational vehicles. If Canada Revenue wants to come after me, I'm prepared.

..... wow. Just put lower value on ANY vehicle. If your conscience eats at you, get it appraised at lower value. Family transfer - free once a year anyhow. $10 or $20 legal fee.

There's almost zero demand for those bikes. If someone buys it for $1,500 then that's a good deal.

I would think it's already a good deal no? Mileage is relatively decent for its age and it looks to be well kept. Demand or not I'd say his price is fair. Anyone else with experience with them care to chime in?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

I would think it's already a good deal no? Mileage is relatively decent for its age and it looks to be well kept. Demand or not I'd say his price is fair. Anyone else with experience with them care to chime in?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm curious too. I think it's a decent bike at a decent price, especially if he's taken good care of it... might even be possible to talk him down a little more depending on how quickly he needs it gone.

Assuming not your wife? You don't have to pay taxes when you transfer it over to your spouse.

[h=3]Tax exemption[/h]You do not have to pay retail sales tax if:

• You are a qualifying Diplomat or Status Indian. You can complete a transfer by showing your identity card.
  • You receive a vehicle as a gift from a close family member, such as:
    • Spouse
    • Parent or step-parent
    • Grand-parent
    • Son or step-son
    • Daughter or step-daughter
    • Grandson or granddaughter
    • Step-grandson or Step-granddaughter
    • Son-in-law
    • Daughter-in-law
    • Father-in-law
    • Mother-in-law
    • Brother or Sister
    • Half Siblings (siblings with a common parent)
    • Adopted Siblings (siblings with a common parent by way of adoption)
    • Siblings-in-law (siblings of a spouse of spouse of a sibling)

Back
Top Bottom