The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 24 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

I'd travel 6000km for a $6000 savings. Probably try to spin a career out of it. Or at least a well paying hobby. Who doesn't like a road trip?

Furthest I went for a bike was Montreal. Also got one from Barrie once and one from Michigan somewhere. I had more free time back then. Lol

Some people think Sudbury, 375km roughly, may as well be on the moon. I have driven A LOT farther than that for bikes.

Not saying I wouldn't, but you're kind of painting yourself into a corner once you agree to drive up there. The seller knows you'd be ****** to drive back down empty-handed.

Not saying I wouldn't, but you're kind of painting yourself into a corner once you agree to drive up there. The seller knows you'd be ****** to drive back down empty-handed.

You have to alter the buying process if you're driving that far. Lots of pics and call the seller and talk on the phone to feel them out. If you get a bad vibe then you bail, if everything feels ok then IMO it's worth a shot.

Would you drive 3000km to save $3000 on a bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably, I did drive nearly 1600 km to get that bike for my dad, and I didn't even get a t-shirt. I did however, get the first ride on his new Victory Kingpin, which was pretty cool. Those 1730cc vtwins have an incredible torque curve, it's gotta be a flat line on the dyno. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the red wheels original? I thought they only came plain, exactly like my bike's wheels.

Yamaha%20RZ350%20RR%2084%20%201.jpg

Last edited:

Given it's the cheapest one on Kijiji and it has lower KMs than anything within $1000 of it, I'd say no. But you never know. A lot of it has to do with your approach.

If you show up with cash and hand and a truck ready to take it, you might be able to convince him. If you can find things wrong with it that need to be replaced and explain why you'd want to pay less, he might be more understanding. If you send him an email offering 3k, you'll probably get ignored or an email full of swearing.

Keep in mind there are always going to be people online who say, "I wouldn't pay more than $XXXX for it!" Those people aren't trying to buy one. I wouldn't expect him to be firm at 3800 because he didn't say so, but I also wouldn't expect to get it for less than 80% of what he's asking. Who knows, maybe he's desperate.

gonna have to keep a close eye on this thread from now on...

Given it's the cheapest one on Kijiji and it has lower KMs than anything within $1000 of it, I'd say no. But you never know. A lot of it has to do with your approach.

If you show up with cash and hand and a truck ready to take it, you might be able to convince him. If you can find things wrong with it that need to be replaced and explain why you'd want to pay less, he might be more understanding. If you send him an email offering 3k, you'll probably get ignored or an email full of swearing.

Keep in mind there are always going to be people online who say, "I wouldn't pay more than $XXXX for it!" Those people aren't trying to buy one. I wouldn't expect him to be firm at 3800 because he didn't say so, but I also wouldn't expect to get it for less than 80% of what he's asking. Who knows, maybe he's desperate.

i actually offered him $3500 for it and he agreed and said a few people offered him $3500 but no one bothered to check out the bike, he sound like a reasonably guy so guess i'll find out this weekend. Thanks buddy

i actually offered him $3500 for it and he agreed and said a few people offered him $3500 but no one bothered to check out the bike, he sound like a reasonably guy so guess i'll find out this weekend. Thanks buddy

Seems like a good little bike, when I asked State Farm for a quote they couldn't find it in their system for pricing.

Seems like a good little bike, when I asked State Farm for a quote they couldn't find it in their system for pricing.

i got $1596/year for the year or $137/month from dalton timmis via aviva i think, M2, 22 y/o and first time rider

FYI, if you offered $3,500 and he agreed right away then you could've had it for less. Offering 20% less than asking price is hardly offensive. I would've tried 3 grand.
There's not much demand for Ninja 400 as evidenced by the fact that it was posted 22 days ago and still available. At any rate, somewhat decent price still. Check if it needs new tires or chain, etc. You could always knock off a hundred or two that way.
BTW, seems like it's missing a Ninja decal on the right fairing (?). If that's the case it could've been potentially dropped and the fairing replaced. I'm not 100% positive if they all came with this decal but the space looks kind of empty.

Last edited:
FYI, if you offered $3,500 and he agreed right away then you could've had it for less. Offering 20% less than asking price is hardly offensive. I would've tried 3 grand.
There's not much demand for Ninja 400 as evidenced by the fact that it was posted 22 days ago and still available. At any rate, somewhat decent price still. Check if it needs new tires or chain, etc. You could always knock off a hundred or two that way.
BTW, seems like it's missing a Ninja decal on the right fairing (?). If that's the case it could've been potentially dropped and the fairing replaced. I'm not 100% positive if they all came with this decal but the space looks kind of empty.

i did notice the ninja decal missing on the right side, and i was wondering because all of the other ninja 400s have theirs on both sides. and he only have 3 pictures and it doesn't actually show the bike from every angle. im gonna check out the bike this weekend and see if its worth buying.

Yeah, to be honest, I don't sweat dropped bikes but if the owner is not honest, it could indicate a deeper issue. For example me and my buddy almost bought a dropped bike with "cosmetic damage" that actually had a cracked frame and we're usually pretty diligent with our inspections. Almost slipped by us but the owner kept talking so much smack that we grew suspicious and looked everything over twice.

Back
Top Bottom