The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 23 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Someone threw in a pair of Pitbull stands on a $2000 bike? Those are expensive

I would say that was a good deal
I don't know if they're original, but the bike already had spools too. They're just egg yolk yellow, so I'm guessing not real, but similar like stands. They don't have the one extended arm as an easy to use lever, so it makes it hard to use with one hand.

I thought 250Rs would have been cheaper, but maybe that's just me underestimating a few things that accounts for their normally high resale value:
- popularity
- durability / reliability
- maneuverability
- many parts available

I don't know if they're original, but the bike already had spools too. They're just egg yolk yellow, so I'm guessing not real, but similar like stands. They don't have the one extended arm as an easy to use lever, so it makes it hard to use with one hand.

I thought 250Rs would have been cheaper, but maybe that's just me underestimating a few things that accounts for their normally high resale value:
- popularity
- durability / reliability
- maneuverability
- many parts available

You want cheaper resale... look outside the gta. Crack is a huge problem in toronto and it shows on places like kijiji.

Like Rob Ford crack? Or do you mean fender damage?

I didn't encounter any MDMA, but I saw a few 91 GS500, Kawi elimination 250s and a first gen 250, but they were all slightly scuffed. It can't be helped I suppose. I did a pretty number to my bike on its first wet commute. Just gotta patch it up with some ABS cement and back it with some fibre glass.

I mean people on crack. You'll see bikes all the time priced way too high. Higher than what dealers have them for. Sometimes it's worth a little drive elsewhere to get a good deal.

I was offered $1000 for one of the '91 GS500 in etobicoke, but a quick flash of a light into the gas tank and engine saw the internal task rusting and water on top of the oil. I was hoping it would be a wolf and sheep's clothing since the paint job looked recent, but it was actually a cow that saw too many tippings.

If only I had the space. Wonder if insurance would still classify it as an SS.

I used to pay 1500 With MM. Went up to 1750. They KNOW it's a beast. IMHO it's the best sport touring bike out there. Back in the day it was a great track bike, but it won't break your back. Bulletproof, relatively simple, it's plenty fast, and super comfortable. Oh and it can do just about anything a vstrom can on back roads. My bent headers can attest to that.

Most companies classify anything 16 years and older as just a standard motorcycle. State farm is an exception, they only care about CCs, regardless

I was offered $1000 for one of the '91 GS500 in etobicoke, but a quick flash of a light into the gas tank and engine saw the internal task rusting and water on top of the oil. I was hoping it would be a wolf and sheep's clothing since the paint job looked recent, but it was actually a cow that saw too many tippings.

I will self-flagellate for derailing this thread yet again, but when I sought out a GS500 (not F) two years ago I had to look at many to find one that wasn't in absolutely ruined condition. Not the bike's fault, just the consequence of being continually traded from one amateur mechanic to another.

It's in fookin' Sudbury. Every decent Kijiji deal is in Sudbury.
Yup. And i snatched one of them.

People from GTA don't look into sudbury too much.

And honestly after seeing what their bus schedule and train schedule is like, i don't blame em.

Some people think Sudbury, 375km roughly, may as well be on the moon. I have driven A LOT farther than that for bikes.

Some people think Sudbury, 375km roughly, may as well be on the moon. I have driven A LOT farther than that for bikes.

Me too, I live in Barrie. When my dad bought his last bike, I drive from Barrie to Brantford to pick him up. Then drove from Brantford to Sudbury to get the bike. Sudbury back to Brantford to drop off dad and his new bike, then back home to Barrie for me. Nearly 24 hours in my truck, could've been in Florida lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom