The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 126 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

50k is nothing to that motor but the valves should have been checked. There is little else to go wrong.

talk to Chris South

csouth@surnet.net

I'm $559 for the CBF1000

i think I'll give Chris a call....I was just quoted 800$ for a VStar250, $830 for a new Rebel 300, and $1400 for the Shadow750RS.....one reason being my 2 month of insurance 'gap' and increases throughout the industry. Such a crooked business....

i think I'll give Chris a call....I was just quoted 800$ for a VStar250, $830 for a new Rebel 300, and $1400 for the Shadow750RS.....one reason being my 2 month of insurance 'gap' and increases throughout the industry. Such a crooked business....

That's some bull**** if they're hitting you for having a 2 month gap. Not surprising with this industry though.

Ouch, I just dropped below $1400 for my 17 shadow, and it's only my second season.

To the guys that own an sv650 how aggressive is the riding position? Lots of used ones in the market but this clip ons don't look inviting

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ouch, I just dropped below $1400 for my 17 shadow, and it's only my second season.
@mimico_polak and now I remember who has the Phantom
^^^^^^^^

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

To the guys that own an sv650 how aggressive is the riding position? Lots of used ones in the market but this clip ons don't look inviting

I had an 02. I got rid of it because of the clip ons. I like to ride long days and they just weren't good for me. Love that engine though.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I had an 02. I got rid of it because of the clip ons. I like to ride long days and they just weren't good for me. Love that engine though.

Pretty easy to put taller bars on an sv. Makes it a great all round streetbike for longer tours.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Thanks
I heard it's a fantastic bike

It is fairly aggressive, not as bad as a SS but similar.

Pretty easy to put taller bars on an sv. Makes it a great all round streetbike for longer tours.

Do taller bars affect the handling? Or nah?

Am thinking about doing it

My buddy did it to his sv. I have ridden his bike quite a bit. Its very comfortable.

I put taller vfr clip-ons on my vtr1000f. Much more streetable riding position. Made a world of difference. I rode that bike to Tennessee and back last year at this time, and we went the long way through Virginia.

Why the SV650? I thought you had an FZ-09?

It is fairly aggressive, not as bad as a SS but similar.

Or you could just get the naked version, harder to find but no clip ons. I just got rid of my 03 650S, I was fine for 3 or 4 hour rides, after that my back started to get sore. And if you're over 120 lbs. you'll want to do the suspension on it

I've had my 2006 SV650S since new. The first 9 years, I lived with the clip-ons and knocked out plenty of long days (900+ kms), but a few years ago I did the LSL Superbike bar conversion and it's helped me to keep enjoying this bike. It's a really nice motor and overall package, but the clip-ons make for a pretty aggressive riding position. The bar conversion allowed me to keep all the good and eliminate my growing complaint. The bike does handle a bit different with bars because they're wider than the clip-ons, resulting in more leverage and therefore lighter handling, plus the entire weight balance on the bike is altered. Complete front and rear suspension work along the way made a big difference with this bike too.

Not quite as aggressive as SS but not far off for the 650s. The naked is much more upright. I can do 3-4 hours on the 650s no problem (haven't tried anything longer yet) but YMMV. If you are planning longer rides you will definitely want an aftermarket seat.

Here is a good website to compare bike ergos: http://cycle-ergo.com/

Last edited:
Or you could just get the naked version, harder to find but no clip ons. I just got rid of my 03 650S, I was fine for 3 or 4 hour rides, after that my back started to get sore. And if you're over 120 lbs. you'll want to do the suspension on it
Any idea what years the naked was available in Canada?

Not fond of cruisers but that's a nice looking machine.

$_59.JPG

Back
Top Bottom