The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 245 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Re: The Official 2011 Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

WEEKLY MEETS

TBA FOR 2012

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Keep forgetting names? Look no further.
(Forum Name - Name - Bike)

Scuba Steve - Steve - 1198, +others?
doozerdave - Dave - CBR929RR, SV650S
Machine - Dean - Speed Triple
Bigevildoer - Tim - 1125R
dc519 - Danny - Yellow F4i
KW650R - Darryl? - 650R
Nick_f - Nick - Ninja 636
Katatonic - David - 750 Katanta
duality - Bek - Monster
jeffjones - Jeff - Silver F4i
(Marcin - YZF R6)
(Paul - Championship R6)
PandFu - Chris - Hyosung
Bluerider - Henry - R6
Dinh250R - Anthony - 650R
09SV650S - Jer - SV650S
ZZR1200 - Arnie- ZZ-R1200
JERVFR03 - Jeremy - CBR1000rr, CBR600RR
Gixxer_dave - Dave - white gsx-r600

I just went back to page 1 on this thread and saw this. Danny who started this thread hasn't been online since 2012. Crazy.

Good idea for a post though. Will help us all remember for the future.

CanadianR6 - Justin - '09 R6 (black with red flames)

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Hmm, I'm looking to buy an r6! (maybe; or the 2013+ zx6r) This is what I'm looking at currently. What do you guys think? R6's are so expensive on kijiji compared to other 600's :(

Hmm, I'm looking to buy an r6! (maybe; or the 2013+ zx6r) This is what I'm looking at currently. What do you guys think? R6's are so expensive on kijiji compared to other 600's :(
That is crazy low kms. That's a pretty decent price. No major upgrades from Yamaha over the past several years into the r6 so I think that's a half decent deal. Gotta say I love my baby I'm just convinced it's trying to slowly destroy my body...or very quickly destroy it. I highly recommend a steering damper

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

It's a tough choice, I'll be upgrading either this winter or next... I just can't decide... On one hand I don't really want to have another full season with just the 250 but on the other hand I don't know how finances will be for the next while as I go through University.

I can't imagine paying for an R6 while I went to university. Is more power nice, yes, but not being borrowed up to your eye balls after university is a real benefit. OSAP + school loans can be a tough pull. If you don't have to borrow to buy it, it may be feasible, otherwise wait until you start working. Have you priced out insurance?

Insurance on a r6 would go up to 52$/month up from 31$/month that I'm paying for the Ninja 250 now. My first year of tuition was completely covered by my parents RESP and OSAP grants/scholarship money. I have around $5000 now so I'm not sure, might just pull the trigger. Then again in second year, I'll be forced to take loans but I guess that's just normal. Co-op will help for sure

Last edited:
Good deal on insurance, I haven't seen it that low for someone your age. Its a hard choice for sure, good luck.

Hmm..
Just think...
If you wouldn't be staying in residence and approximately $8-9K you'd have an R6.... :evil3:
hehehehe...

Residence was "only" $6000! Haha, you're right but my parents said they'll cover first year so to me it would have made no difference to me financially if I did residence or not. It's tempting to buy a bigger bike since at the Uni motorcycle parking, everyone has a bigger bike :/

Hey guys...
July Talk is playing a free show at the Koi Music Festival this Friday night.. Crabby Joe's parking lot at King and Frederick, downtown Kitchener. They'll be on around 9ish pm. Other bands will be opening first of course.
Anyone else gonna go?

Group Ride

Time:
Meet up at 1:00 on Saturday, kickstands up 5 mins after, have gas!
Tim Hortons at University/Bridge Intersection
Pace:
Medium-Spirited; ride your own pace as always.
Duration:
~3 hours; ride up to Hockley Valley

Hope to see you guys out there!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom