The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 198 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

$20 says we're wasting our carpal tunnels trying to offer suggestions. ;)

My requirements are simple, making my available choices very limited.
V2 or V4, non-cruiser (i.e. HD)

Leaves Ducati, Aprilia, Honda, KTM. Not interested in another SV.
Several choices out due to stupid insurance.

Do like Randy's VFR. Nice ride, but a little on the hefty side for somebody of my advanced and decrepit age. :p

Like the Triumph triple motor. can't get past the front end look on the Street/Speed triple, even though I seem to like ugly bikes.
MV Agusta. Nice, but simply no.

Carpals have any suggestions based on those criteria?

Already gave some. Why are you against inline 4's? Z1000, CB1000R, S1000R, adds several more options. Also just came to mind, Aprilia Shiver or Dorsoduro. Erik Buell is still in business, 1190RX?
Imageheader.png

can you bring it into canada though?

riv.ca for Buell:
Allowed: Not Allowed:
1999 TO 2010 All models
All other models
See EXPLANATIONS section.

Buell is no longer in existence.
Company is EBR (Erik Buell Racing).
No dealers in Canada. No EBR listed on Canada RIV site, so it is therefore inadmissible.

Besides, I had a Buell, lived through lots and lots of poor dealer experience (3 different ones actually - none were really interested in Buell, only HD).
That's also the reason MV Agusta is firmly off the list. Besides, they're $20K - and at that point I'd rather have a Ducati).

It's not that I'm really against inline 4's. But, I figure if I'm going to be dropping that much coin on a bike, I want something that moves me emotionally.
The sound on the Italian (and Honda) V's is something I really want to have again. I like the rumble SOOOOO much more than the i4 scream. I like the additional low end torque as well.

Looked at the Z1000 - looked really "plasticy" to me - maybe it was just the one I was sitting on, but the fit and finish was really bargain basement.

Completely overlooked the Shiver. Don't particularly like the looks of the Dorsoduro.

Buell is no longer in existence.
Company is EBR (Erik Buell Racing).
No dealers in Canada. No EBR listed on Canada RIV site, so it is therefore inadmissible.

Besides, I had a Buell, lived through lots and lots of poor dealer experience (3 different ones actually - none were really interested in Buell, only HD).
That's also the reason MV Agusta is firmly off the list. Besides, they're $20K - and at that point I'd rather have a Ducati).

It's not that I'm really against inline 4's. But, I figure if I'm going to be dropping that much coin on a bike, I want something that moves me emotionally.
The sound on the Italian (and Honda) V's is something I really want to have again. I like the rumble SOOOOO much more than the i4 scream. I like the additional low end torque as well.

Looked at the Z1000 - looked really "plasticy" to me - maybe it was just the one I was sitting on, but the fit and finish was really bargain basement.

Completely overlooked the Shiver. Don't particularly like the looks of the Dorsoduro.

Get a grom...srs tho why not something dual sporty.

I very nearly completely wasted my carpal abuse with that last reply. ;) I rode a Shiver 750 a long time ago and it was fun. I imagine the 1200 is awesome.

Never mind... just did some searching and I guess Aprilia never upgraded the Shiver to 1200, just the Dorsoduro. The 750 engine was decent but it definitely needed more power.

Recheck you insurance those quote are way too high by a factor of 2 the super duke is awesome and the same motor as the adventure and rç8 just bored a bit. You should be under a thousand for insurance on any of those bikes my new 1190 is under 700 a year full coverage.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I checked the insurance with several companies. I am currently with Allstate, and they are refusing to write me a different policy on a bigger bike without bringing over my car or house. Unfortunately, I have a stonking awesome deal for those 2, that neither Allstate, State Farm or any other place will touch. Believe it or not, it's cheaper for me to keep my house and car on a separate policy from my bike.

At any rate, here's a neat review.
KTM Super Duke R
Kawi Z1000
MV Brutale 1090
Monster 1200
BMW S1000r.

Won't spoil who the winner is. But it is food for thought...

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/super-streetfighter-smackdown

And if you want to go straight to video...
[video=youtube;0c_E_peOjSw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c_E_peOjSw[/video]

Oh and Dave, I checked.. the Dorso 1200 is no longer in production. Only 750's.

Last edited:
I guess I have completely wasted my carpal tunnel stress. haha...

Go get the Diavel and be done with it.

Part 2 of the test. And I'm done.

[video=youtube;adUuECck-d8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adUuECck-d8&list=UUUJeW9pnxhDZ5GA0TNRl4zg[/video]

I know some of you said you can't make it, but the weather looks great and the ride is on!!

Meet at the Tim Horton at Imperial Rd and Woodlawn Rd in Guelph. Kickstands up at 2:00.

I rode to work this morning and will be riding home after work but unfortunately don't have time for a social ride. Going to get out mountain biking while the sun is shining.

Back
Top Bottom