The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 197 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

No new bike for me. Just upgraded my Daytona a bunch.
Racetech fork valves, Ohlins rear shock, new bodywork.

Plans are new bike next year. Not certain which one. Have a few on the list.

What are you thinking of getting the ninja 1000 is pretty awesome was my #2 choice

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Morning Everybody, I'd like to setup a ride today.

Date: Thursday April 24
Location: Tim Horton's near Weber st & Northfeild (585 Weber St. North, Waterloo, ON N2V 1V8
Time: 6:30 pm (Fueled up ready to ride)
Length: 45min to 1hr / 60km
Pace: M1 Friendly (no 401 series Hwy.) Moderate pace, with some fast sections.

Route available upon request via PM
I'll join in on a few of your rides as soon as my bike is ready.

What are you thinking of getting the ninja 1000 is pretty awesome was my #2 choice

Call me a dumb@ss... but I've still got a thing for European bikes.
Top 4 on list in manufacturer's order are (prices are approx MSRP):
Aprilia RSV4 ($16.5K)
Ducati Diavel ($19K)
Ducati Panigale 899 ($16K)
KTM RC8r ($16.5K)

RSV4 and 899 insurance is $400 more than the Diavel and RC8r.

Final price will have a good say in what I end up with. If I can get a good used bike at a solid deal, then that's likely going to be the deciding factor. Only bike of those I haven't ridden yet is the KTM RC8r, which I can have arranged.

And no Dave, the MV Agusta product range if firmly off the list.

I admire your list but after research the ktm would be a no go for me. Better bikes in its price range even if it is rather unique.

Look beyond sport bikes for the street all are nice bikes but not great for street duty. My KTM is almost as fast as the 1198 was but way less brutal power delivery and a awesome riding position. I actually enjoy riding it more and it doesn't give up much if any performance on the street. I think I can say I will never own another sport bike for the road.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Call me a dumb@ss...

Okay, dumb@ss :p

Those are all (well 3 of them) great bikes, but I'm 100% with Steve. I have no interest in a sport bike on the street again. I'm having more fun than ever on my FZ. I would suggest the following changes:

Aprilia Tuono V4
Ducati Streetfighter 1090 or Monster 1200
KTM Superduke
and add to the list BMW S1000R (not the RR)

I owned a Tuono V2 and it was a great bike for street. Gobs of power, comfortable for longer rides (did a 750km day on it once as the start of a 2000km 4 day trip). The problem was electrical reliability with that model, a well known problem on the old Tuono's and RSV's. I test rode a Street Fighter 1090, same crazy engine as Steve's old Duc, but comfortable and upright.

until they finally make the RC213V street version that always should have been. I didn't want to wait that long though, so next best V4's were the ape, vfr800 or vfr1200. Went for the 12, extra power is always good :) She's a bit on the heavy side, but what can you do. Rode the RSV4, fantastic bike... for the track, a little too cramped/tall gearing/crap fuel mileage for the street. Really pricey parts for it. I wouldn't call the VFR cheap to own, but it does serve the street purpose for the vertically unchallenged.

$10 says BigEvil ends up with the ape or the diavel.

Okay, so here's the plan.
Meet at the Petro Canada / Tim Hortons parking lot at the corner of Woodlawn Rd W and Imperial Rd N in Guelph. (Just down the road from Royal Distributing)
Route will be 2ish hours, heading in the direction of Forks of the Credit.
Meet whatever time you feel like showing up, I'll probably get there a little early and have a coffee. Kickstands up at 2:00pm!

However, if the weather looks a little 'iffy', consider it cancelled. I'll confirm on Sunday morning either way when I can get a clearer picture of what the rain situation will be.

Rode the RSV4, fantastic bike... for the track, a little too cramped/tall gearing/crap fuel mileage for the street.
$10 says BigEvil ends up with the ape or the diavel.

Well, just about any bike is cramped for Mr. Smergy Samsquatch... The riding position of the RSV4 isn't all that different from the Buell 1125r - just a little higher pegs.

As for the other thoughts:
Superduke does look neat, but it's currently a first year motor - want to see how they fair before jumping on board.
Tuono is on the list - just forgot to mention it. They seem to be more readily available as well.
BMW S1000r - nice enough, but I'm really wanting a "V" motor again.
Ducati Streetfighter 1098 - looked into insurance - it's comparable to the Panigale 1199 - within $50, and both over the $2K range, so they're out.
Ducati Streetfigher 848 - reasonable bike, but again, insurance is similar to the RSV4... and I prefer the RSV4.
Monster 1200 - Haven't heard much about them as of yet except stupid foot peg position makes your heel rest on the exhaust if you have anything over size 9 feet.

But I will admit, whomever takes Mr. Samsquatch up on his $10 bet should demand 2-1 odds, as I am leaning towards those.

supposed to feel like 7 sunday, once its a little warmer out I'll be game for a longer ride, tack on an extra 45 or so to get to/from the meet spot for me.

Meet at the Petro Canada / Tim Hortons parking lot at the corner of Woodlawn Rd W and Imperial Rd N in Guelph. (Just down the road from Royal Distributing)
Meet whatever time you feel like showing up, I'll probably get there a little early and have a coffee. Kickstands up at 2:00pm!

However, if the weather looks a little 'iffy', consider it cancelled. I'll confirm on Sunday morning either way when I can get a clearer picture of what the rain situation will be.

Samsquanch? His name is Randy, not Ricky. LOL...

$20 says we're wasting our carpal tunnels trying to offer suggestions. ;)

supposed to feel like 7 sunday, once its a little warmer out I'll be game for a longer ride, tack on an extra 45 or so to get to/from the meet spot for me.

45 minutes to Guelph? I thought the VFR was faster than that ;)

Sorry Dave, I'm out for this Sunday. If it does get nice enough for a ride I won't be in the mood for a cruise. LOL

no comment

Sorry Dave, I'm out for this Sunday. If it does get nice enough for a ride I won't be in the mood for a cruise. LOL

I wasn't in the mood for a cruise last Sunday.....but was quickly reminded of what I was riding when I starting grinding away the floor boards!!
Damn, I need a sportbike too!!

Back
Top Bottom