The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 133 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Heading to Royal tonight with a bunch of guys from work. Might pop over to timmies though just to say hello.

Anyone else going to Royal tonight?

I'm still in fence building zone (FYI, we're building 3, and the yards average 100 feet deep), but hoping to make a big push this weekend and get it done. Then I'll be able to get out for some rides again.

Hey.. I know it's not quite the right forum.. but...
KW Oldtimers Hockey is looking for more players (approximately 30) in the E (youngest) division. Guidelines are 35-42 years old. If you're 34, chances are they'll bend the rules and let you sign up.
Play twice a week, Mondays through Thursdays. 7pm to 10pm starts, most games at Auditorium complex, some at RIM Park, some at Conestoga College.
Cost is about $440 for the first year, including a jersey and socks which are yours to keep. Play about 44 games including playoffs.

Teams are chosen by draft every year, so you're with a different group of guys each season.

Penalties are monitored and kept track of. As soon as you hit 20 minutes, you are suspended for 3 games and need to help a timekeeper for 3 games, after which you get 10 more minutes to use during the remainder of the season. Max that out, and you're done for the year. Helps keep the league relatively clean.

www.kwoldtimers.ca to get your application form.

Hey.. I know it's not quite the right forum.. but...
KW Oldtimers Hockey is looking for more players (approximately 30) in the E (youngest) division. Guidelines are 35-42 years old. If you're 34, chances are they'll bend the rules and let you sign up.
Play twice a week, Mondays through Thursdays. 7pm to 10pm starts, most games at Auditorium complex, some at RIM Park, some at Conestoga College.
Cost is about $440 for the first year, including a jersey and socks which are yours to keep. Play about 44 games including playoffs.

Teams are chosen by draft every year, so you're with a different group of guys each season.

Penalties are monitored and kept track of. As soon as you hit 20 minutes, you are suspended for 3 games and need to help a timekeeper for 3 games, after which you get 10 more minutes to use during the remainder of the season. Max that out, and you're done for the year. Helps keep the league relatively clean.

www.kwoldtimers.ca to get your application form.

I'm guessing 30yrs old is bending too much???

Sooo.... who can top this run of bad luck in the past 7 months?

1) Blindsided in a charity hockey game, serious chest injury (torn/separated pectoral, smashed cartilage in sternum, heart knocked into arythmia)
2) House family is holding mortgage on gets dumped in our laps when people decide to default
3) Family issues go kaboom. Serious disfunction.
4) Crash track bike. Break collar bone. Need new motor.
5) Buell ends up with broken headlight lens due to thrown rock from dump truck. New one ordered after rigamarole. $105.
6) New motor for track bike has issues that need repair.
7) Lose home/car/etc keys on ride on Thursday.
8) $80 for new keys. Stupid Ford PATS chip key.
9) Get new headlight in mail. In bag from Canada Post saying it may be damaged. Open up, it's the wrong freakin' side...
10) Buell needs new wheel bearings... like almost right now... new ones ordered for $105.
11) Weather forecast for Monday is crap for track day...

AARRGHH!!!!

Stupid GTAM won't accept a "8 )" side by side.. replaces with stupid cool smiley.

I feel ya.......
Sooo.... who can top this run of bad luck in the past 7 months?

1) Blindsided in a charity hockey game, serious chest injury (torn/separated pectoral, smashed cartilage in sternum, heart knocked into arythmia)
2) House family is holding mortgage on gets dumped in our laps when people decide to default
3) Family issues go kaboom. Serious disfunction.
4) Crash track bike. Break collar bone. Need new motor.
5) Buell ends up with broken headlight lens due to thrown rock from dump truck. New one ordered after rigamarole. $105.
6) New motor for track bike has issues that need repair.
7) Lose home/car/etc keys on ride on Thursday.
8) $80 for new keys. Stupid Ford PATS chip key.
9) Get new headlight in mail. In bag from Canada Post saying it may be damaged. Open up, it's the wrong freakin' side...
10) Buell needs new wheel bearings... like almost right now... new ones ordered for $105.
11) Weather forecast for Monday is crap for track day...

AARRGHH!!!!

Stupid GTAM won't accept a "8 )" side by side.. replaces with stupid cool smiley.

hey hey!!!!

Back from holidays and looking forward to getting out on the bike!!!

Anyone have any rides planned for Saturday? Sunday's forecast looks like rain all day.

hey hey!!!!

Back from holidays and looking forward to getting out on the bike!!!

Anyone have any rides planned for Saturday? Sunday's forecast looks like rain all day.

Welcome back! We missed you! :) I think we need to change this thread to "The KW folks who used to go for bike rides thread". LOL

Welcome back! We missed you! :) I think we need to change this thread to "The KW folks who used to go for bike rides thread". LOL

Yes! Track seems to be the focus for our group. LOL I might have to sell and get that track bike for next season lol

I think we need to change this thread to "The KW folks who used to go for bike rides thread". LOL

Amusing. Jin and I were talking about this in the truck on the way home last night... how last year there was a group meet up just about every single Thursday... this year has seen what, 3 or 4 group rides at most? Seems like that when the "track group" stopped posting up dates and locations for the group rides it all kind of collapsed!

Come one guys... someone (maybe someone outside the track group) stand up and do some organizing!

p.s. Jer - Dave created the separate track sub forum 'cause track talk was starting to dominate this forum...

I am having a hard time getting excited about riding on the street right now :dontknow: even thinking of selling all the street sport bikes and having a street legal dirt bike and my track bike only.

you just need to have a street-trackbike like I have :)

you just need to have a street-trackbike like I have :)

I tried this twice in the past, didn't like it. As you know, to get the bike stiff enough for fast track riding it makes it brutal on the street. With my SV, to get it set up for track made it impossible to soften it enough for the street. haha...

yeah all the duct tape and fiberglass would sure kill some of the resale :)

Back
Top Bottom