The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 124 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Figure you will kill the second rear before you need a front on the 1125R?

Yup. I'd say I have 60% left on the current front tire. At that rate, the second rear should be done at about the same time as the front.

Going to switch back to Pirelli's or Metzeler's I think.... why you might ask? The Buell just doesn't handle as well with the Michelins as it did with the Pirelli's.

Some bikes work great with the PP2CT's... unfortunately, my Buell is not one of them.

Last edited:
how bought this, if you give me $50, I'll take em to the dump for you.

Hey peeps, I'm sort of new here, mostly new to motorcycling, and totally new to the K-W area, so I was wondering if you guys could PM me some routes you like to ride? I saw in the thread that people didn't want to share them publicly.

I'm in the Kitchener area, and I have an 05 Blue R6. If you see one in the ditch, come say hi :?

Hey peeps, I'm sort of new here, mostly new to motorcycling, and totally new to the K-W area, so I was wondering if you guys could PM me some routes you like to ride? I saw in the thread that people didn't want to share them publicly.

I'm in the Kitchener area, and I have an 05 Blue R6. If you see one in the ditch, come say hi :?

I'd suggest coming out on the group rides.

I'm not about to share my secrets with a possible cop.

(well i do but she supposedly loves me :confused:)

We don't break any laws anyways, right? Just because my bike has more HP than my car doesn't mean a thing. haha...

I'd suggest coming out on the group rides.

I'm not about to share my secrets with a possible cop.

(well i do but she supposedly loves me :confused:)

That's the plan :). I'm hoping to get at least a few more hours under my belt before I embarrass myself publicly :( .

Also, is your bike blue with a white stripe? I've seen a blue SV650 where I work a bunch of times. (not the police station -_-)

That's the plan :). I'm hoping to get at least a few more hours under my belt before I embarrass myself publicly :( .

Also, is your bike blue with a white stripe? I've seen a blue SV650 where I work a bunch of times. (not the police station -_-)

Blue with white strip is me :)

Look forward to seeing you out on the rides!

We don't break any laws anyways, right? Just because my bike has more HP than my car doesn't mean a thing. haha...

hahaha that funny bc it's true :)

we're a tame group with the exception of gixxergirl......... crazy hooligan~!!!!

Well I'm out of group rides for a couple weeks....
Damn Bambi decided to spook a soccer mom in her minivan who decided it was safer to swerve at an oncoming motorcycle then it was to pass a deer that was 15' off the road.
I avoided the van but hit gravel while on the brakes and down I go, Get up to see the van still going without even looking back.
Most of the damage I already have speare parts to replace (Fairings, stator cover...)
Also found a complete left clip-on and left rearset complete with shiter pedal and linkage local for $200. (Not sure if thats good or not)
Ripped up my brand new gloves and some scratches on my helmet and jacket and a scrapped knee, but nothing serious.

Could have been alot worse.

Ride safe folks.

Damn Bambi decided to spook a soccer mom in her minivan who decided it was safer to swerve at an oncoming motorcycle then it was to pass a deer that was 15' off the road.
I avoided the van but hit gravel while on the brakes and down I go, Get up to see the van still going without even looking back.
Most of the damage I already have speare parts to replace (Fairings, stator cover...)
Also found a complete left clip-on and left rearset complete with shiter pedal and linkage local for $200. (Not sure if thats good or not)
Ripped up my brand new gloves and some scratches on my helmet and jacket and a scrapped knee, but nothing serious.

Ride safe folks.

FML!!! glad you're ok Jeff!

Not even stopping!!! no that would've wound me up!

If you need help getting it back on the road let us know.

JG

Welcome to the site and the new addiction. Don't worry I embarrass my self every time I get on my bike. You are not alone. The guys here are great and know some pretty nice roads. Just ride safe out there and taek your time learning. I run an 03 blue r6.

Ride safe folks.
Glad you're ok. I would have to agree the Jer I would have been ****** to see the van keep going. Like he said let us know if you need help. I can be the waiter while you guys do the work and I watch. ( so I dont add to the damage )

Thanks Folks,
I should be able to get it back together but if I do run into any problems I will be sure to hit you guys up.
Firt thought was is the bike ok, turned off and tried to stand it up straight, then turned and saw the van going with no signs of brake lights, then decided I might want to check myself out for injuries lol.

Last edited:
Thanks Folks,
I should be able to get it back together but if I do run into any problems I will be sure to hit you guys up.

Wow, that's a pretty ****** situation. They were probably scared and tried to get away ASAP. Most people are afraid of being beat on by some biker(s). It's a shame that nobody else tried to get them to stop, as well.

Glad you're safe, we don't need any fewer riders on the road. :)

Thanks Folks,

Absolutely... I'm sure you'd get a big group of guys out helping you in no time flat.

As for the accident - any witnesses that she swerved towards you and forced you off the road? Description of vehicle and plate (I know it's too much to ask for, but ya never know). I'm assuming you're not going to report this to police for fear of being nailed with a single vehicle accident and having your insurance go way up.... If that's the case, might want to remove photos of the damage ASAP.

Absolutely... I'm sure you'd get a big group of guys out helping you in no time flat.

As for the accident - any witnesses that she swerved towards you and forced you off the road? Description of vehicle and plate (I know it's too much to ask for, but ya never know). I'm assuming you're not going to report this to police for fear of being nailed with a single vehicle accident and having your insurance go way up.... If that's the case, might want to remove photos of the damage ASAP.

Yeah I have noticed if anyone needs help in this group there is almost a line of guys there to help.

As for the description it was a early 2000ish red Caravan I believe, other then that I got nothing, I was more focused on making sure the deer wasn't going to run out instead of wondering if the van was going to swerve into my lane.

I figured since it is going to cost me about $250 (Not including spare parts I already have) to get up and running it would be under the $1,000, so I wouldn't have to report it anyways, Either way Pics removed ;)

Ride safe folks, See you soon enough.

Yeah I have noticed if anyone needs help in this group there is almost a line of guys there to help.

As for the description it was a early 2000ish red Caravan I believe, other then that I got nothing, I was more focused on making sure the deer wasn't going to run out instead of wondering if the van was going to swerve into my lane.

I figured since it is going to cost me about $250 (Not including spare parts I already have) to get up and running it would be under the $1,000, so I wouldn't have to report it anyways, Either way Pics removed ;)

Ride safe folks, See you soon enough.

Good luck gettin her all fixed up again Jeff. See you out there soon.

Thanks Folks,
Firt thought was is the bike ok, turned off and tried to stand it up straight, then turned and saw the van going with no signs of brake lights, then decided I might want to check myself out for injuries lol.

Hey Jeff, that blows goats. Glad that you're all right though. Let us know if you need any help with the repairs / retaliation. F'ing minivan.

Wow, crazy sh*t Jeff. Glad you were able to avoid a direct hit and are more or less okay!

Back
Top Bottom