The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 117 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

was thinking about doing that, maybe head out for a short trip around KW after that before getting ready. They keep changing the forcast for monday, so its going to be sunday before I make a decision on what tires to mount

Why not show up for the meet n' greet.. I figure I'll pop by before everyone heads out... lucky b*stards...

Well let's post the question is the group who wants to ride wanting a long ride like this? We can shorten it if it suits the majority of the group?

Sent from my iPhone. (not while I was riding)

Well let's post the question is the group who wants to ride wanting a long ride like this? We can shorten it if it suits the majority of the group?

If you want to do River Road then there is no point in shortening it unless you want to go straight there and straight home, Its a good distance away and would much rather hit some twisties on the way.
My vote would be leave it the same or don't bother with River road this time.

Just my opinion even though I still a 50/50 of making it.

If you want to do River Road then there is no point in shortening it unless you want to go straight there and straight home, Its a good distance away and would much rather hit some twisties on the way.
My vote would be leave it the same or don't bother with River road this time.

Just my opinion even though I still a 50/50 of making it.

The route I sent to Jer is pretty much straight there, through Belwood and Grand Valley which isn't too bad. The twisties on the way aren't worth the time, if you ask me. They're so few and far between...

We can put river rd on the "to do" list if most ppl need to be back at a reasonable time?

We can do something more local with a social stop/break since we have new people out etc?

Does that sound like a better plan? Then we can keep the group together?

yea im down for local rides, i dont think i can handle long rides lol

Since I'll have my other half with me, I'd be happier (and so would her ***!) with a more local ride.
We're doing a longer ride tomorrow up to River Rd with a group from Burlington. If anyone else want to join, we'll be leaving Guelph around 2:30 and afterwards having dinner in Orangeville. If you want to come along just pm me your number and I'll keep you posted.

See you Sunday.

Ok let's do something more local for Sunday. Same time same meeting place.

Who would like to lead? I just don't know the local good roads like I know the caledon area :(

maybe the 24A down around cambridge, its a fun strip of road, but it takes a bit to get to from waterloo, I'll pm you a route Jer

Ok let's do something more local for Sunday. Same time same meeting place.

Who would like to lead? I just don't know the local good roads like I know the caledon area :(

sent Jer a route, figure about a 2 hour round trip of riding, say 3 tops. I say meet at 12:45 at the Tim's mentioned. I can't go much longer than that

edit, had the time wrong, it was 12:45 we wanted to meet. We'll try to keep the trip to towards the 2 hour mark, I have to jet after the ride and switch out tires.

Last edited:
sent Jer a route, figure about a 2 hour round trip of riding, say 3 tops. I say meet at 12:45 at the Tim's mentioned. I can't go much longer than that

edit, had the time wrong, it was 12:45 we wanted to meet. We'll try to keep the trip to towards the 2 hour mark, I have to jet after the ride and switch out tires.

Meeting here would make more sense than trucking all the way to the top of the tri-cities only to waste 30 minutes coming through it again.

everyone comes from a different spot, I like the Tim's in waterloo, but don't care that much either way. Start at the Tim's in waterloo and end there maybe? I just hate changing plans on people.

I'm free all day Sunday and I'm good for a short ride or a long ride ;) Just don't let me lead or we will be very lost.

I'll be riding tomorrow (sat) leaving Woodstock around 11:15 heading towards Cambridge way. If anyone is interested let me know other wise I'm flying solo ?

just curious what are some good trails/roads to take around waterloo? im planning on taking a night ride tonight and have no idea where i should go lol

We're doing a longer ride tomorrow up to River Rd with a group from Burlington. If anyone else want to join, we'll be leaving Guelph around 2:30 and afterwards having dinner in Orangeville. If you want to come along just pm me your number and I'll keep you posted.

I'll be riding tomorrow (sat) leaving Woodstock around 11:15 heading towards Cambridge way. If anyone is interested let me know other wise I'm flying solo 

If you're still going to be around, you can meet us at Royal Distributing in Guelph around 2:30.

Night time = animals u can't see so I'd recommend staying clear of country roads lol. I found most roads later at night to be nice as there is minimal
Traffic and it's fairly quiet. Stay out of downtown and your good to go ? maybe go find some round a bouts to play in ... On and off ramps are nice at night too ?

Back
Top Bottom