The Official Election Thread | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Election Thread

Te provincial ndp were unlucky to get elected when a world-wide recession happened. You can hardly blame them for that.

You cant blame them for getting elected, but you can hold them accountable for trying to spend their way out of a provincial recession when it was a global recession....

Harper has called this election with the longest lead out since the 1800's , he gets to spend more and the NDP and Libs will run out of cash. The federal NDP that got elected last time and didn't even know they had jobs have been to dopey to even be fund raising. Mulcair is a smart guy driving the wrong bus.

I was in Alberta two weeks ago, they are loving the NDP so far ( that's sarcasm for those that missed it)

Trudeau may be minister some day, but I don't see it coming in the fall.

Not ready yet then? But nice hair.

not a question of his hair, he hasn't got anybody surrounding him to form a gov't that wont get bullied by the premiers. He will have to support Wynn on her program to create a provincial pension ( because we are too stupid to save for retirement) , he wants to cut income splitting, yes the attack ads call it pension spliting ( when your retired that is your income) , and somebody has to say no to the dopes in Alberta that are already raising corporate tax when oil is tanking.
It may be another case of nobody voting for the NDP, just voting out Harperites , because change is better.

After seeing what Libs have done to Ontario i am positively terrified of Justin getting into power. To some extent Ontario is still reeling from NDP being in power in the 90s, why would we risk NDP on the federal level? we shall see what they do in Alberta. That unfortunately leaves Cons.

Im provably gonna spoil my vote.

Spoiling the vote should be a serious option. Tired of public voting for the "lesser evil" or "lesser moron "

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

What does the Conservative party even stand for? All I see is attack ads and 0 of their political platform.

They stand for fighting terrorism, taking away civil rights and leading canada into a micro U.S. State

Spoiling the vote should be a serious option. Tired of public voting for the "lesser evil" or "lesser moron "

A "declined" vote is a better option isn't it?

They stand for fighting terrorism, taking away civil rights and leading canada into a micro U.S. State

Agreed!

and selling out to corporate interests, particularly petrochemical, the environment be damned.

Wow. Politics. Haven't kept up. What's new?
This just in: all politicians are liars, and they're all saying negative things about the others.

Therefore, all politicians are great!

Last edited:
Would anybody be talking about Justins' hair if he wasn't running for higher office? Maybe locally but certainly not nationally.

The Donald wants to be president and his hair has been a national issue for a decade. Don't under estimate the power of a good doo.

Looking south for just a moment, does anyone here think that any of the GOP candidate hopefuls are viable presidential material? In my eyes, they are all hateful racists, homophobes, and misogynists; or plain batshjt crazy.

To vote for the conservatives would be endorsing the lies and deception of the Harper government. The economy is weak and we have regressed our standing on the world stage abandoning many of the principles Canada has stood for. We have seen scandal after scandal. I'd much rather give someone else a chance to do better than reward the actions of the Harper conservatives.

I like Tom Mulcair and think an NDP government can do more for the people of Canada. At least I know I would receive a better share of my tax dollars returned in services that benefit the average person.

Getting the economy going again should be #1 and Harper has already shown us a failing strategy and we now possibly heading toward a recession. Lets try a different approach.

Looking south for just a moment, does anyone here think that any of the GOP candidate hopefuls are viable presidential material? In my eyes, they are all hateful racists, homophobes, and misogynists; or plain batshjt crazy.
The more crazy they are the better the chances for Clinton to win and she is as close to Bill as it gets

When you guys talk like there are only 3 choices, it sounds like you've never voted. Last federal election there were 16 choice on my ballot. None of the "Big 3" or the Greenies got my vote.
Rules of fixing democracy (Canada specifically):
1. Never vote for an incumbent, no matter how much you like them.
1a. Never vote for anyone that has ever held political office. Tell them to get a job.
2. Never vote for a party you don't really want, IE don't vote against a party or the less of 2 evils. Just don't vote for evil period. Move down the ballot or spoil/declinee.
3. Treat politicians the way they should be treated: pigs at the trough. Shame them at ever turn.

If applied by all Canadians, the above would go a long way to eliminating most politicians ambitions in life.

Unfortunately with Canada's "first past the post" style of electoral system, a vote for any candidate in your riding that has no chance of winning, is a vote wasted if you are trying to effect change on the national level.

I'm voting ndp, not just because their social values match mine, but because of their intent to change the electoral system to proportional representation. Under this system, every vote counts, even for parties besides the big three.

Last edited:
Voting NDP. What's the worst that could happen?

Did you get a free orange t-shirt?

Unfortunately with Canada's "first past the post" style of electoral system, a vote for any candidate in your riding that has no chance of winning, is a vote wasted if you are trying to effect change on the national level.

I'm voting ndp, not just because their social values match mine, but because of their intent to change the electoral system to proportional representation. Under this system, every vote counts, even for parties besides the big three.

Back
Top Bottom