The new McDonalds Layout | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The new McDonalds Layout

Reason why their baked goods are horrible compared to before is because everything comes in frozen

Yes, I know, but the quality of even the frozen crap has gone down. Next time you get a donut with "Chocolate" on it, peel off some of the chocolate and taste it on it's own - it doesn't even taste like chocolate anymore.

I stopped going to Tim's a year ago after falling victim to their combo scam. It's a sandwich with a 'small' bootle of pop and 'classic' doughnut.

I ordered a combo with an iced tea and they charged me extra because it's not a 'small' drink. But they didn't tell me, I had to scan my receipt. They essentially modified my order without telling me, because if the iced tea isn't included withe combo, then what they sold me wasn't what I ordered, specifically a "combo".

I'm sure they would have quietly modified my order if the side I asked for didn't qualify for the combo deal too. Multiply that by however many hundreds of thousands of combos they sell every week, they're making millions off of unsuspecting customers who intend to buy a combo and get something else.

does it bother anyone other than me that a 'soda' drink often costs significantly less than a bottle of water? and a water with a combo could increase the cost of a combo.
Can the unit cost of a soda fountain or for that matter, can of pop, be that much less than a water?

timmies scored big time with iced cappuccinos
Never tried one. I'm not drinking anything made with that much milk fat.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

does it bother anyone other than me that a 'soda' drink often costs significantly less than a bottle of water? and a water with a combo could increase the cost of a combo.
Can the unit cost of a soda fountain or for that matter, can of pop, be that much less than a water?

More than once I've been stood in front of someone holding a bottled water while complaining about the cost of fuel per letre lol

I stopped going to Tim's a year ago after falling victim to their combo scam. It's a sandwich with a 'small' bootle of pop and 'classic' doughnut.

I ordered a combo with an iced tea and they charged me extra because it's not a 'small' drink. But they didn't tell me, I had to scan my receipt. They essentially modified my order without telling me, because if the iced tea isn't included withe combo, then what they sold me wasn't what I ordered, specifically a "combo".

I'm sure they would have quietly modified my order if the side I asked for didn't qualify for the combo deal too. Multiply that by however many hundreds of thousands of combos they sell every week, they're making millions off of unsuspecting customers who intend to buy a combo and get something else.

Around the GTA the reaction can be pretty snarly if you catch a pricing error. I ordered and paid for a chili combo but then it turned out they were out of chili. I was offered soup instead and accepted but Miss Cashier got the deer in headlights look when I pointed out the price difference between soup and chili.

In Hagersville they noticed a twenty five cent pricing error that I missed and corrected it automatically while apologizing.

BTW the bake from frozen muffins come in the cutesy little paper cups that hide the real size.

Last edited:

Soda fountains have a small button that dispenses water.

the boss gets it with milk
Guys at work get it with chocolate milk.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Those self serve Kiosks are putting kids/seniors out of job.
McD's has the money...now they use technology to get rid of staff and keep more profits...not as if the money was redirected towards better 'food'...more dumb commercials and whatever else...craft burgers, lol

It also puts Luddite senior customers out the door. Some people actually like doing business face to face or can't master the techno-wall of the digital age.

While I don't consider McD's a dining experience some seniors get off on the muffin and small coffee deal with free refills. They can spend hours away from the seniors home sipping coffee and chatting with friends instead of listening to demented calls for "Nurse, Nurse, Nurse.

I'm not sure McD's would miss them. Sad actually.

On the jobs, there's at least a few thousand McDck's in Canada; if these things catch on you can certainly count on staff reduction of some sort. Sure, maybe only 2 or 3 people per location, but that could mean 6000 jobs not there nationwide. But as long as the shareholder's are happy...

On the jobs, there's at least a few thousand McDck's in Canada; if these things catch on you can certainly count on staff reduction of some sort. Sure, maybe only 2 or 3 people per location, but that could mean 6000 jobs not there nationwide. But as long as the shareholder's are happy...

That shareholder spiel is kinda nonsense when you think about it. In the end you make some money in the right hand but on the left you create a larger hole to fill down the road e.g. you made an extra 1$ but now ppl will be laid off...factory moves out and the other business that relied on primary store will suffer...domino effect which comes back to Joe Shareholder because the govt will just raise taxes to pay for unemployment and job retraining etc...

ffwd...years to decade later everyone asking wth, country is in the dumpster...get new politicians but in reality it started with Joe Shareholder which is us.

does it bother anyone other than me that a 'soda' drink often costs significantly less than a bottle of water?

Soda is dirt cheap once you have the machine since you're basically producing it in house, so no heavy skids to transport into the store, just a bag of syrup once every few days.

Bottled water needs to be trucked in and yeah, does actually cost more at the wholesale level in the end - at least the types of bottled water you see in a restaurant or store, not the flimsy bottled stuff you get in a case you buy for home/personal use.

That, and people who drink bottled water are often easily separated from their money so it constitutes easy money for establishments.

Soda fountains have a small button that dispenses water.

Yep, but people will pay $3 for a bottle of water since the "tap water is icky". Meanwhile, 50/50 odds that what's in their bottle is just filtered tapwater.

More than once I've been stood in front of someone holding a bottled water while complaining about the cost of fuel per letre lol

People don't connect the dots. I paced a guy in a big dually pickup truck (similar to what I was driving at the time) for about 15 kilometers across Highway 2 one day all the way from Ajax to Oshawa, he floored it at every green light only to screech to a stop at the next red light, while I simply drove the speed limit and ended up timing most of them so I barely had to slow down, if at all. We then ended up pulling into the same gas station and to opposite sides of the single diesel pump - he then struck up a conversation with me about how his truck used "soooooo much fuel", how he could only get 350 kilometers on 120L of diesel, and how he could barely afford to drive it anymore. :rolleyes:

Around the GTA the reaction can be pretty snarly if you catch a pricing error. I ordered and paid for a chili combo but then it turned out they were out of chili. I was offered soup instead and accepted but Miss Cashier got the deer in headlights look when I pointed out the price difference between soup and chili.

In Hagersville they noticed a twenty five cent pricing error that I missed and corrected it automatically while apologizing.

BTW the bake from frozen muffins come in the cutesy little paper cups that hide the real size.
Exactly, that's the other part of the story I didn't mention. When I pointed out their deception they were completely unable to understand why I had a problem with what they charged me in relation to what I ordered. English was not their first language, but this was more of a reasoning challenge for them I think. My gf at the time didn't get it either. Will have to try this exercise at the Hagersville Timmies and see if I get a different result.

Soda is dirt cheap once you have the machine since you're basically producing it in house, so no heavy skids to transport into the store, just a bag of syrup once every few days.

Bottled water needs to be trucked in and yeah, does actually cost more at the wholesale level in the end - at least the types of bottled water you see in a restaurant or store, not the flimsy bottled stuff you get in a case you buy for home/personal use.

That, and people who drink bottled water are often easily separated from their money so it constitutes easy money for establishments.

Yep, but people will pay $3 for a bottle of water since the "tap water is icky". Meanwhile, 50/50 odds that what's in their bottle is just filtered tapwater.

People don't connect the dots. I paced a guy in a big dually pickup truck (similar to what I was driving at the time) for about 15 kilometers across Highway 2 one day all the way from Ajax to Oshawa, he floored it at every green light only to screech to a stop at the next red light, while I simply drove the speed limit and ended up timing most of them so I barely had to slow down, if at all. We then ended up pulling into the same gas station and to opposite sides of the single diesel pump - he then struck up a conversation with me about how his truck used "soooooo much fuel", how he could only get 350 kilometers on 120L of diesel, and how he could barely afford to drive it anymore. :rolleyes:

same folks are in a big panic to get to yellow/red lights indicated well prior to getting there, then stopping quick, hard & short at the end, duh

they also like to join majority vehicle trains, where every single one is following too close

And how long do his brake pads last?

Never tried one. I'm not drinking anything made with that much sugar.

fixed it for you

I think its great, then they will go out and get real jobs....

maybe these are real jobs, your a mom and can get a flex shift while kids are in school, new Canadian with no marketable skills and you have been given a chance, you retired early from a 60min commute to a cubicle but need a drug plan, part timers can get benefits (the Tims benefit group is pretty good), as student you can pick hours and progress to a supervisor and enter the job market later with some obvious time management skills and supervisory skills.
Its a real job for a lot of people. Some of them drive a Honda.

A lot of very successful people started at McDonald's. It's a shame to see these opportunities lessened for people for a few pennies on the stocks.

Back
Top Bottom