The KTM RC390 thread | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The KTM RC390 thread

That sounds a bit disreputable and expensive. The price of being first, I guess.

You could just be signing up for right of first refusal. It shows them you are serious, but if you don't like the price, you should be able to get your deposit back and walk away. No idea what is actually written in the contracts they signed though.

Yeah, right. They just sell so many more units, so you don't hear about the two guys whose motor blew up .... Game of percentages.

Nah. Designed better, built better, incredible standards most countries industries aspire to.

Fancy electronics are cool and all but I see it as something else that's going to be expensive to fix.

There's no fancy electronics in those bikes .... Unless you call EFI fancy electronics. People claiming here they know anything about real reliability of these bikes is just myth, full of Googling not based any verifiable evidence.

If you want to call a bike with fancy electronics and often more complicated than need be try Aprilia, Ducati .... Fancy, but a lot can go wrong there.

Nah. Designed better, built better, incredible standards most countries industries aspire to.

No question they are good, but don't try to tell anyone that the Japanese have not had their share of problems, whether it would be frames, voltage regulators, engines burning oil etc. It happens to everyone, some are more prone than others ...

There's no fancy electronics in those bikes .... Unless you call EFI fancy electronics. People claiming here they know anything about real reliability of these bikes is just myth, full of Googling not based any verifiable evidence.

If you want to call a bike with fancy electronics and often more complicated than need be try Aprilia, Ducati .... Fancy, but a lot can go wrong there.
Electronic throttle Sounds fancy to me...
http://www.moto123.com/motorcycle-n...cs-how-it-all-works-together.spy?artid=116129

No question they are good, but don't try to tell anyone that the Japanese have not had their share of problems, whether it would be frames, voltage regulators, engines burning oil etc. It happens to everyone, some are more prone than others ...

But some are consistently prone because the culture of engineering does not regard long term reliability as any concern.
I.e. BMW cars don't need to last beyond 3-5 years when most are leased.

You do hear of Japanese bike problems but when you consider the much greater number of them out there, and how badly they are abused, you realize how well they are built next to premium brands whose owners tend not to abuse.

When my buddy starts his ducati it sounds like the launch sequence of a space rocket. So many noises lol. All I hear on my bike is the fuel pump :) nothing has gone wrong with his yet but I cringe at the thought of troubleshooting it

You could just be signing up for right of first refusal. It shows them you are serious, but if you don't like the price, you should be able to get your deposit back and walk away. No idea what is actually written in the contracts they signed though.

Depends what his deposit conditions were but BBB says deposit doesn't have to be returned if buyer backs out. (I believe)

Depends what his deposit conditions were but BBB says deposit doesn't have to be returned if buyer backs out. (I believe)

Who puts deposit down on a bike with no price? Also, these things will be mass produced at numbers KTM has never made before, they will be everywhere by next summer, already on Kijiji by the fall.

I will be interested in getting one for the track. I will wait and see what the market offers. My last inquiry resulted in an answer of we don't know when or if they will be available in Canada.

KTM in Europe sells a track kit for the bike. They also have a series running next spring.
If they sell in the US, they will sell to Canada. Otherwise, just buy one down there. Remember, the R390 was first leaked from the CDN website.

You can't compare UK prices to North American prices by just doing a currency conversion, because of taxation differences. It's often found that the "number of $" isn't that much different from the "number of GBP".

Listed UK Prices vs Canadian

Ninja 300 ABS -- £ 5,199 ABS vs $5,249
CBR500R ABS -- £5,499* vs $5,999
KTM RC390 -- 4.999,00 GBP vs xxxxx

Based on the mat above, my prediction is that KTM will be around $5300 - $5600.

Back
Top Bottom