The KTM RC390 thread | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The KTM RC390 thread

Even if the RC390 can wheelie and stoppie at the same time, it won't detract from that HIDEOUS front end.

From the same people who gave you:
KTM-Duke-390-RC25-India-launch-confirmed.jpg

To:
424cca5fb020ee25ae9c757d36b8e583_L.jpg

Most of us mere mortals wouldn't know the difference of crap suspension, frames and brakes anyway.

10409-01ncb.jpg

kawasaki-zxr-400_2.jpg

People say the craziest things in the heat of the moment. I get that. Nice bikes btw.:thumbup:

I'd be happy with a stock set-up on a RVF400 or ZXR400. I wonder how a shoot out between those and the KTM RC390 would go?

400's have more power, top speed obviously. I love my ZXR, the handling and looks of something designed 20 years ago makes me always shake my head and put a smile on my face.

If you are looking for a simple, reliable ride for everyday riding, I'd pick the RC390 though ....

The more I look at the white one the more I want it in my garage. How many people think the north American version will be less appealing and come with black wheels instead of the orange?

The noted headlight area they seem to have forgotten about until the last second. It's terrible looking while the rest of the bike is nice.

It doesn't look terrible to me, maybe it's not what I would call gorgeous ... but, reminds me of BMW S1000, hideous front end this and that posting about asymmetrical headlights. They cannot sell them fast enough last time I checked. Most people just will not care.

It's essentially nit picking about otherwise a great bike ...

The more I look at the white one the more I want it in my garage. How many people think the north American version will be less appealing and come with black wheels instead of the orange?

Would you really care? You will be lucky if mighty KTM Canada will decide to let us buy one first anytime soon for a good price.

It's essentially nit picking about otherwise a great bike ...

Exactly. Personally I love the bmw purely based on a looks thing. So much so that after having ridden one its going to be my next bike.I think this ktm is going to be a great bike I just personally don't care for the headlight set up. Otherwise it looks great and I bet it's going to be a riot to ride

Don't think this was posted yet. I really really hope its priced well. I am almost 100 percent on this as my next big purchase.

http://www.motorcyclemojo.com/2014/09/ktm-rc-390-coming-to-canada-for-2015/

"KTM’s race inspired RC 390 will be available in Canada for 2015
It has been a long time since North American riders could purchase a small displacement bike with high-spec components and performance. I guess we made our own bed back when “bigger is better” became the hallmark of the motorcycle and automotive industry on this side of the pond. Thankfully KTM has come to our rescue with the announcement that the RC 390 will be available in Canada for 2015. The racing variation of this bike is currently being campaigned in the one-make German ADAC Junior Cup series, which provides some of the most exciting racing anywhere in the world.

The RC is powered by a 375 cc single-cylinder DOHC short stroke engine that is shared with the 390 Duke (not available here as yet), which has seen great success and rave reviews around the world. An all new chassis has been developed for the RC in order to extract the best possible racetrack performance, and it’s coupled with a Brembo ABS braking system, along with suspension from WP. Developing 44 hp and weighing only 147 kg, The RC 390 should be hilarious to rip around on.

The only thing that could spoil this party is the price. We understand that there will be a premium to pay for all the fancy bits, relative high performance and Austrian name badge, but if this thing creeps up to the level of say a Japanese 600, it’s going to be a hard sell for KTM dealers. We don’t have final pricing at the moment, so we’ll have to wait to pass judgment."

The price will be lower than a CBR500R, based on other markets. It's only a single, and made under license in India.

Reasonably priced higher spec small displacement bike was not feasible a few short months ago. Something about economic forces or some such explained by resident forehead. My how times have changed. I should be right more often, it feels soooo good.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by GreyGhost
Apparently RS4 125 is 15 HP, but with race kit is 25 HP, RS125 is 28-34 HP. That is much closer than I expected. Any idea how they wring 25 HP out of a 4 stroke 125? That is quite impressive (and way more than the 13 that honda gets out of their 125).

legend has it that just for fun Honda got 250 Hp out of 250 cc on a one off design that ran in the lab...just to see if they could do it.

Too bad it wasn't a jap bike. Its gonna have crappy reliability.

Let's hope that the problems bubbling up on the new Super Duke aren't revisited in this much less expensive bike. Indian quality isn't a reliable term at the moment. If KTM avoided the "crap" bin frequented by the Japanese suspension engineers, then the 390 will walk away with a tidy chunk of the market. It would also negate any concerns about a slight price premium. Decent legroom and I'm sold.

Too bad it wasn't a jap bike. Its gonna have crappy reliability.

This is what I was worried about, does KTM really have more problems then other bikes? I know someone that has one and his engine did explode for one reason or another but he is actually the only person I know with a KTM.

Maybe they have the same percentage of problems as other manufactures but we only hear about the KTM market? I honestly never see KTMs on the road. Someone enlighten me because I really want this RC390 but don't want it in the shop every 4000km.

This is what I was worried about, does KTM really have more problems then other bikes? I know someone that has one and his engine did explode for one reason or another but he is actually the only person I know with a KTM.

Maybe they have the same percentage of problems as other manufactures but we only hear about the KTM market? I honestly never see KTMs on the road. Someone enlighten me because I really want this RC390 but don't want it in the shop every 4000km.

No they don't, the modern generation of KTM engines are as reliable as anyone else's. They have been selling a lot of these 125-390 bikes worldwide.

You don't see KTM's on the road in Canada, because KTM Canada doesn't really have any strategy to sell you a street bike. They don't care for the tiny market called Canada, and probably never will for the long time. The bikes will always be niche here ...

No they don't, the modern generation of KTM engines are as reliable as anyone else's. They have been selling a lot of these 125-390 bikes worldwide.

You don't see KTM's on the road in Canada, because KTM Canada doesn't really have any strategy to sell you a street bike. They don't care for the tiny market called Canada, and probably never will for the long time. The bikes will always be niche here ...

That doesn't stop Ducati, it's now a pretty lucrative niche.

Back
Top Bottom