"The Beer Store’s secret sweetheart deal with LCBO revealed" - says The Star | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

"The Beer Store’s secret sweetheart deal with LCBO revealed" - says The Star

Re: "The Beer Store’s secret sweetheart deal with LCBO revealed" - says The Star

It won't happen. I'm sure Beer store contributes millions to both parties.

Re: "The Beer Store’s secret sweetheart deal with LCBO revealed" - says The Star

Signed, although I agree w Link, true change won't happen.

I'm not so sure - the skeptic in me leans towards that assumption, but there are some people actually talking about it now. Sure the beer store pours money into the province's coffers, but given restaurants/bars have been forced to buy from the beer store, there's money / voices / votes on that side too.

Nice to see people believe what's written without checking facts. Beer prices are set by each brewer then has to be approved by Lcbo. This is done every week and prices change every Monday.

The beer store doesn't make profit. The Brewers make it. The beer store is paid to run the stores and pay employees but make no profit. This is why you see 4 to 5 staff at Lcbo and only 2 to 3 at most beer Stores. Lcbo is our tax money the beer store is run like a business not to over run costs.
If you buy a 24 at the Lcbo your paying close to $5 to $10 more then what same case sells at the beer store.
I can prove all these facts and it up to you to believe it or not by I have insider info and also work for the beer store for past 25 years 10 part time and have all the false info and fear mongering about how the beer store is a monopoly and yet the truth is the Lcbo is the monopoly as they sell wine and beer and the beer store can't sell anything but beer and no cider and take their empties as they haven't been set up it ever and the beer store has done since day one.

The beer store doesn't make profit.
The beer store is run like a business not to over run costs.
A business makes a profit or it goes out of business.

If you buy a 24 at the Lcbo your paying close to $5 to $10 more then what same case sells at the beer store.
You can't buy a 24 at the lcbo.

You can people by the 4 6 packs and pay way more.

We are run by the Brewers they make the profit as I stated not the beer store. We are only given upkeep or store costs and payroll that's it.

Ok Irocian...be ready...here come the faces ;)
Ohhh "that's rich" I'm glad you jumped in.
CRAP...I guess I went back and read the article for nothing :( LOL

Hello...N3WMAN!

Just messing around boys...don't get your nuts in a not :)
I still don't care as I sit here enjoying a cold one. I love when guys flip out sighting internet info as "truth"

Last edited:

I'm more then ready to provide proven and true facts.

If you choose to pay more then it's your own fault. A little knowledge goes on long way

If you choose to pay more then it's your own fault. A little knowledge goes on long way

Choice? Where else can I buy 12/24 at a lower price point then 2x6/4x6?

You pay more at Lcbo you pay less at the beer store. This is the cheapest province don't count Quebec as they are a have not province ad they say so they get everything cheaper. Try beer prices in BC or newfoundland

All beer and wine is taxed by the government to pay for all kinds of social programs. Take that tax out and you be amazed what true cost would be.

The Lcbo makes the Brewers submit pricing and if they like it it goes thru. The government killed $1 a beer pricing saying it would lead to more drinking. The beer store had nothing to do with it. Brewers wanted it ad they would make more money. Not the beer store as I have said.

You pay more at Lcbo you pay less at the beer store.

Thank you. Due to this ridiculous agreement between the lcbo and a foreign owned conglomerate you are absolutely correct.

How is this the beer store fault? It's the Lcbo and government who made the deals. The beer store could only with what they said or there would be no beer store.

Yet we run the best recycling model in the world and have won awards for doing so.
The pricing that your beef with whatever government is in power.

Ndp put tax on cans years ago yet no government since has taken it off. It does cost more to make cans as bottles are re used up 7 times, but cans must be melted down and remade every time but ndp put tax on it when they were in power to stop USA flooding market with cheap canned beer. That is a proven fact.

Nice to see people believe what's written without checking facts. Beer prices are set by each brewer then has to be approved by Lcbo. This is done every week and prices change every Monday..
If the article is true then the LCBO would have no problem accepting The Beer Store's pricing regardless.

The beer store doesn't make profit. The Brewers make it.
We already established that.
The Star said:
By contrast, The Beer Store’s profits go straight into the coffers of its private (no, not government) owners, whose corporate parents are now based abroad (Labatts, which is owned by AB Inbev of Belgium, plus U.S.-owned Molson-Coors and Japanese-owned Sleeman).

You can't buy a 24 at the LCBO. If you compare the price of a 24 to 4x6 of course it's going to be more, it costs more to buy 4x6 vs a 24 within the beer store as well. 4x6 of Canadian is the same price at the LCBO as it is at the Beer Store.

I can prove all these facts and it up to you to believe it or not by I have insider info and also work for the beer store for past 25 years 10 part time and have all the false info and fear mongering about how the beer store is a monopoly and yet the truth is the Lcbo is the monopoly as they sell wine and beer and the beer store can't sell anything but beer and no cider and take their empties as they haven't been set up it ever and the beer store has done since day one.
The Beer Store has a monopoly on Beer, not alcohol. Both the LCBO and Beer Store enjoy majority market share in their respective markets and the deal keeps it that way.

Not true if your paying more for 4x6 of the same beer say Corona for example at the beer store your paying the wrong price and talk to the manager.

We charge same price for a 12 or 24 if you buy it by 2x6 or 4x6 as long as it's same beer.

Back
Top Bottom