The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 44 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

This thread does make me second guess taking the roads at all. In a car or even a bike.

That other thread with the U.K. Compilation made me laugh and cry at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread does make me second guess taking the roads at all. In a car or even a bike.

That other thread with the U.K. Compilation made me laugh and cry at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hat's it, i've had it with this dump. People are cutting people off, there's ice falling on vehicles.....

OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF.

Yet another idiot making a left turn with no regard for an oncoming motorcyclist, seems vast majority of accidents result from similar

Check it out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSF1HxA3DU4&index=2&list=PL39AF_xzdaXbjAyaMxiV6ffAao9ZRIRLT

Gotta say I 110% saw that coming before he even launched. Being able to read the traffic and staying situationally aware is an important part of driving, and particularly, staying alive on 2 wheels. He was in so much of a rush to lane split in front of the cages and then launch off like a rocket the split second the light turned green that despite an advanced green in the opposite direction (which we all know people abuse to the last second, and often beyond) that he failed to maintain situational awareness.

Had he ran into the other vehicle I'm thinking the law would have held him at least partially at fault as he would have ran into the side of the van (IE, he could have avoided had he been using his eyes and not accelerating so rapidly) vs the van broadsiding him as he passed through the intersection minding his own business in which case he'd have been zero fault.

Now, black pickup guy lost his cool and went full retard after the fact, but dashcam guy very likely had some part of bringing it on. Doesn't make it right, but just saying... I see this sort of crap all the time. A professional just blows it off and continues on with his day, a hothead does what black pickup truck guy did.

I agree ... Without knowledge of whatever might have happened before that video - when that black Cadillac up ahead started pulling away, I would have kept pace, and if it pulled away faster than what I wanted to go, probably gone into the center lane ahead of the silver pickup. Takes two to tango.

Gotta say I 110% saw that coming before he even launched. Being able to read the traffic and staying situationally aware is an important part of driving, and particularly, staying alive on 2 wheels. He was in so much of a rush to lane split in front of the cages and then launch off like a rocket the split second the light turned green that despite an advanced green in the opposite direction (which we all know people abuse to the last second, and often beyond) that he failed to maintain situational awareness.

Had he ran into the other vehicle I'm thinking the law would have held him at least partially at fault as he would have ran into the side of the van (IE, he could have avoided had he been using his eyes and not accelerating so rapidly) vs the van broadsiding him as he passed through the intersection minding his own business in which case he'd have been zero fault.

Legally speaking he would have been held 0% liable, despite having illegally filtered to the front of the line and, thereby, camouflaged himself in the headlights of the lead car. Legal fault doesn't much matter, though, when you're spending 3 months in traction. As the saying goes, "Just because a thing can be done, that doesn't mean it should be done."

Yet another idiot making a left turn with no regard for an oncoming motorcyclist, seems vast majority of accidents result from similar

Check it out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSF1HxA3DU4&index=2&list=PL39AF_xzdaXbjAyaMxiV6ffAao9ZRIRLT

YOU need to slow down and think for a moment and MAKE SURE the intersection is clear, and that there aren't vehicles still approaching the intersection in a conflicting direction.

People run through intersections on stale yellows all the time ... it's foreseeable; I saw this one coming even in the limited view of a video camera ...

It really doesn't matter if it's the other driver's fault if you're the one who's dead. It means YOU need to take actions against the incorrect actions of other motorists.

Legally speaking he would have been held 0% liable, despite having illegally filtered to the front of the line and, thereby, camouflaged himself in the headlights of the lead car. Legal fault doesn't much matter, though, when you're spending 3 months in traction. As the saying goes, "Just because a thing can be done, that doesn't mean it should be done."

I'd be interested to see what a LEO would have to say. Quick, someone call hedo. ;)

The guy blasting through on the left turn is clearly in the wrong, but someone so obliviously unaware of it as to drive aggressively, at speed, square into the side of it, having been so clueless of it even entering his path of travel, well, there's an argument to be had there that had be been paying the slightest bit of attention he'd have never got as close to the collision as he actually did. I'm sure a LEO would have looked at the footage and said "You could have avoided that, dumbass". Whether charges would be possible, hard to say.

At one point I actually asked myself if he WAS actually aware of the van and intentionally accelerated towards it for dramatic effect...you know, being yet another YouTube hero and all.

FWIW, if you look at his videos, this is the same guy that crashed broadside into a turning car a while back, I remember someone posting the video here - he was busy scolding a taxi who creeped into his way at an intersection, and once again was unaware of a car turning into his path of travel. Again, car was at fault ultimately, but had he maintained situational awareness instead of taking his focus off the road at something totally unnecessary he would have avoided that accident too.

Someone needs to make a running list of these "YouTube Hero" cyclists and keep tabs on their accidents, and sudden disappearances from YT that might suggest they've either wrecked out, stopped riding because they physically can't anymore, or they've found themselves uninsurable for one reason or another.

I'd venture to bet that comparatively, they're statistically some of the most accident prone riders out there.

Last edited:
Wouldn't surprise me ... Whatever attention they're paying to watching and complaining and cussing about other motorists would be better spent staying out of the way of other motorists and generally staying out of trouble.

Video that I would record in traffic would be dull. Sure, other people do wrong things. But I actively try to make sure those wrong things don't affect me. Used to be called "defensive driving". I also attempt to drive in a manner that doesn't antagonize other motorists. Avoid left lane unless necessary and if I'm in the left lane then PASS whatever is to the right and GTFO of the left lane, keep up with the flow of traffic in whatever lane I'm in, signal and shoulder check ALL lane changes, avoid being side-by-side with other vehicles or in their blind spots, watch out for situations in which it's likely that another vehicle up ahead would change into my lane and do something to mitigate that, etc.

Regardless if people doing dumb s*** on the road, which is given, you don't need to end up mangled or crushed in order to prove your point.

Video that I would record in traffic would be dull. Sure, other people do wrong things. But I actively try to make sure those wrong things don't affect me. Used to be called "defensive driving". I also attempt to drive in a manner that doesn't antagonize other motorists.

You'd make a good commercial driver, those are some key traits you need in order to actually survive out there driving hundreds/thousands of K each day. If I lost my **** every time someone did something stupid around me on a daily basis things would have ended badly long ago.

You'd make a good commercial driver, those are some key traits you need in order to actually survive out there driving hundreds/thousands of K each day. If I lost my **** every time someone did something stupid around me on a daily basis things would have ended badly long ago.
Exactly why I could never do it. But I have anger issues.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Well upon reviewing the video. The van driver, (had there been a collision, and the video made available to investigators), been charged with fail to stop, red light. As for the insurance claim, the insurer would have likely ruled 50% to both drivers. Yes the van committed a traffic violation but that doesn't give the rider the opportunity to run into it.

When I was a copper we used to have a saying for collisions like this, (weather they ended in a fatal or not). He was in the right. Now he is just as dead as he was right.

The rider from a personal perspective needs to take away a great lesson from this, which is EVERY other vehicle is out there to kill you. As Brian and Rob have both said, any "decent" rider would have seen that situation long before it occurred. Seeing it on video we don't get a perspective of the van speed, BUT sitting at the light it should have been VERY obvious she wasn't decelerating for the light.

Hopefully cleaning his pants later, gave him time to reflect on his error. BUT given his comments on the video it is clear he didn't learn a single thing from the experience, and is likely to repeat the error yet again, hopefully for him with a similar outcome.

I'd be interested to see what a LEO would have to say. Quick, someone call hedo. ;)

The guy blasting through on the left turn is clearly in the wrong, but someone so obliviously unaware of it as to drive aggressively, at speed, square into the side of it, having been so clueless of it even entering his path of travel, well, there's an argument to be had there that had be been paying the slightest bit of attention he'd have never got as close to the collision as he actually did. I'm sure a LEO would have looked at the footage and said "You could have avoided that, dumbass". Whether charges would be possible, hard to say.

At one point I actually asked myself if he WAS actually aware of the van and intentionally accelerated towards it for dramatic effect...you know, being yet another YouTube hero and all.

FWIW, if you look at his videos, this is the same guy that crashed broadside into a turning car a while back, I remember someone posting the video here - he was busy scolding a taxi who creeped into his way at an intersection, and once again was unaware of a car turning into his path of travel. Again, car was at fault ultimately, but had he maintained situational awareness instead of taking his focus off the road at something totally unnecessary he would have avoided that accident too.

Come on Hedo - no stunt driving charge for Ironic Rebound... Where's Griff when you need him.

I probably spend half my work hours driving between job sites. Race weekends, one spends more time driving the rig to and from the track than actually riding. If someone does something dumb in traffic they may get a "you dumb *%#^" but then let it go.

I got a chuckle out of seeing a (probably) Ministry of Labour government vehicle blast by me in the left lane at probably 140+ km/h a while back ... and then see the OPP cruiser in the weigh station by Putnam start moving and turn the lights on ...

Someone needs to make a running list of these "YouTube Hero" cyclists and keep tabs on their accidents, and sudden disappearances from YT that might suggest they've either wrecked out, stopped riding because they physically can't anymore, or they've found themselves uninsurable for one reason or another.

I'd venture to bet that comparatively, they're statistically some of the most accident prone riders out there.
I figure they're all either excitable kids or attention whores. They actually like it when someone does something stupid around them because it gives their lives meaning, gives them a story to tell which is a better story than the one they might otherwise have told about their prof giving them stupid assignment deadlines.

They don't realize that they're the cause of their own frustrations, by letting other people's actions dictate their emotions all the time.

BTW Joe Bass there's no way you have anger issues, you're one of the coolest cucumbers on GTAM.

BTW Joe Bass there's no way you have anger issues, you're one of the coolest cucumbers on GTAM.

You're usually fun to argue with but I got nothing. Anyway, I saw the video and I also agree with all the Brians and ex cops and truckers and stuff.

You're usually fun to argue with but I got nothing. Anyway, I saw the video and I also agree with all the Brians and ex cops and truckers and stuff.
Thanks guys ?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

If someone does something dumb in traffic they may get a "you dumb *%#^" but then let it go.

I usually utter a few choice words in my head, but the rarely pass my lips. Maybe once or twice a year I'll covertly give someone the finger if they've done something epically stupid, but even that crosses a line as it's considered a "physical engagement" with the other person and a slippery rage slope, both things that are strongly discouraged in commercial driver land...at least amongst the professionals.

999 out of 1000 times I just shake my head, do what I need to avoid whatever situation they've caused, just let it go... and continue on my way. Probably 800 out of those 1000 times people think I'm the idiot anyways despite them the ones making the mistakes, typically just because they have no ideas the realities behind a tractor trailer (oh sure, I'd love to smash on the brakes and bring my 140,000# truck down to your speed you can wander onto the 401 at 50K, it'll only take me 4 kilometers to get my speed back...), are just oblivious to their own driving (sorry you failed to notice your lane was ending, do you suggest I run the guy beside me into the barrier on his side so you can now get over?), or are complete and total dolts akin to many of the idiots we see in the videos here.

But...brush it off, let it go, continue. It's the only way to stay sane in this job. Some of us do it better than others.

Last edited:
My parents got rear ended by a police car on the 401 a few years ago in stop and go traffic. The cop popped on his lights and took off up the shoulder. No dash cam and they didn't get his license plate, so it never happened in the eyes of the police.

Back
Top Bottom