The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 312 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Chinese kid in a Panamera in Markham. Driving poorly enough that people called him in. Then spins out in front of a cop (slightly surprised that the vehicle nannies didn't prevent that). Gets charged for dangerous and BAC above zero for novice driver. It would be interesting to see the conviction rate when they have almost unlimited money for lawyers. I suspect this will end up as a careless conviction or less.

Hard not to get a conviction with that video evidence.
Have you seen the prosecutors that get traffic cases? They are marginal at best. Not sure if criminal charges also get you a better prosecutor.

As a first cut, dangerous driving has some obvious holes that a lawyer can get their teeth into. "320.13 (1) Everyone commits an offence who operates a conveyance in a manner that, having regard to all of the circumstances, is dangerous to the public." In the video, who is the "public" that is being endangered by that spin? Was that spin intentional or accidental because of the wet road? To be honest, if the dangerous charge was for what we see on video, I think the police grossly overcharged and should have gone with careless. How did that deserve a dangerous charge and a towtruck driving the wrong way 100 km/h over the limit doesn't?

Last edited:
Have you seen the prosecutors that get traffic cases? They are marginal at best. Not sure if criminal charges also get you a better prosecutor.

As a first cut, dangerous driving has some obvious holes that a lawyer can get their teeth into. "320.13 (1) Everyone commits an offence who operates a conveyance in a manner that, having regard to all of the circumstances, is dangerous to the public." In the video, who is the "public" that is being endangered by that spin? Was that spin intentional or accidental because of the wet road? To be honest, if the dangerous charge was for what we see on video, I think the police grossly overcharged and should have gone with careless. How did that deserve a dangerous charge and a towtruck driving the wrong way 100 km/h over the limit doesn't?
Dangerous charge is either when appropriate or when they want to make an example, but ultimately lose. HTA172 is when they want to slap someone down, NOW! It's retaliatory.

Chinese kid in a Panamera in Markham. Driving poorly enough that people called him in. Then spins out in front of a cop (slightly surprised that the vehicle nannies didn't prevent that). Gets charged for dangerous and BAC above zero for novice driver. It would be interesting to see the conviction rate when they have almost unlimited money for lawyers. I suspect this will end up as a careless conviction or less.

Explained in the excerpt from YRP video, containing a brief description of preceding events. Just found it on this compilation video.

w43x37fwlypc1.jpeg

Was behind a Chevy van on Rutherford in Brampton a few years back with a cardboard NO BRAKE LIGHTS sign taped on the back door. Though it was pretty altruistic, with it being Brampton and all.

Another truck driver has made their way onto this thread. U turn on the 401 where it's two lanes with a narrow median. Trailer fully blocking fast lane while they wait for an opening in the other direction. That one move should be grounds for immediately cancelling their A (assuming they had one).

Another truck driver has made their way onto this thread. U turn on the 401 where it's two lanes with a narrow median. Trailer fully blocking fast lane while they wait for an opening in the other direction. That one move should be grounds for immediately cancelling their A (assuming they had one).

"No U Turn" sign clearly visible in the video.

Was behind a Chevy van on Rutherford in Brampton a few years back with a cardboard NO BRAKE LIGHTS sign taped on the back door. Though it was pretty altruistic, with it being Brampton and all.
The sign is appreciated, for sure.

A couple of years ago I was following someone on a back country road. It was winter and the roads were mostly snow covered. They were driving lazily and sloppily, rolling through 4-way stops, accelerating and decelerating really slowly. They didn't appear to be drunk, but they were probably old, or unused to driving on snow, or both.

In any case, I follow them for a kilometer or two and they're quite a lot below the speed limit the whole way. I'm a bit impatient, but fine, maybe they don't have snow tires. I wasn't tailgating, but at one section they slowed down significantly more to let me pass. It wasn't a great passing zone, but it was a legit passing zone.

So I pull out to make the pass and as I get alongside them I realize I've read the entire situation wrong. They weren't slowing down to let me pass, they were slowing down to turn left into a driveway, and I suddenly understood that none of their rear lights were working. No brake lights, no turn signals, nothing.

They'd rolled through the previous intersections so slowly without stopping that I had thought they weren't actually using their brakes at all. Even if I had clued in to that, it wouldn't have prepared me to think that all of their lights were out (if indeed they had ever even attempted to use a turn signal). I'm glad we didn't end up in contact because a second one way or the other and I would have T-boned them right into their driver's door.

Pffffft. Just buy another one with different (purchased) ID.

a lot of damage for being on a residential street

Really? It's Brampton, FFS. Subdivision racing is a subset of street racing there. Did they check for open container(s)? If not, they should have, because Brampton.

I had one of those Chevy Venture vans. Bloody electrical to the brake lights was exposed to the weather. I figured it out when they replaced the same brake lights twice in a row during service at the dealer. Never said anything about them having shorted out. Apparently, the first time I'd hit the brakes after leaving they'd short out. Some fine emery paper and elbow work got them usable for a short while, but I scrapped the vehicle. There never was a recall on them either.

Saw this in the news for BRAMPTON:

I had one of those Chevy Venture vans. Bloody electrical to the brake lights was exposed to the weather. I figured it out when they replaced the same brake lights twice in a row during service at the dealer. Never said anything about them having shorted out. Apparently, the first time I'd hit the brakes after leaving they'd short out. Some fine emery paper and elbow work got them usable for a short while, but I scrapped the vehicle. There never was a recall on them either.

Saw this in the news for BRAMPTON:
A couple of good Canadian citizens there making Brampton proud.

If they're found it will be somewhere like Vancouver.
If they’re found and they’re not citizens or PR they should be deported to wherever they’re from.

Wanna act like a criminal? Get out.

Feds can hire a huge amount of enforcement officers and start rounding up these **********.

Back
Top Bottom