The "Are you thinking of a new bike for 2024?" discussion thread. | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The "Are you thinking of a new bike for 2024?" discussion thread.

For a few months I've been thinking on getting something with a different sound track. I don't dislike the sound of the triple when doing day rides, but at low rpms driving thought the city is not appealing.

A few years ago, I heard an mt07 with an aftermarket exhaust and I fell in love with the CP2 engine, but the are selling for ridiculous prices.

Lately I've been eyeing early 2000s sv650s, which seem more in line with my budget for a second bike.

@ifiddles just posted her MT-07, maybe check with her to see what she can do.

Or maybe her husband is making her sell it...
Different interests. Different priorities.

Sad to see it sit.

I'm sure it was a couples hobby. If they've got other hobbies taking up their time, better to sell it off. There's always another bike.

I was looking for an fz/mt-07 for a bit, before I traded the gsxr for that street triple. If it was attractively priced, I would have considered it.

GLWS @ifiddles !

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Different interests. Different priorities.

Sad to see it sit.

I'm sure it was a couples hobby. If they've got other hobbies taking up their time, better to sell it off. There's always another bike.

I was looking for an fz/mt-07 for a bit, before I traded the gsxr for that street triple. If it was attractively priced, I would have considered it.

GLWS @ifiddles !

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Yeah, different interests have come up...hubby sold his last year and I almost sold mine, but didn't...it's priced in the 'I've got it for sale, but don't really want to sell' price point LOL...I have to decide and price it aggressively if I really want it gone...

Yeah, different interests have come up...hubby sold his last year and I almost sold mine, but didn't...it's priced in the 'I've got it for sale, but don't really want to sell' price point LOL...I have to decide and price it aggressively if I really want it gone...
Sell it to paco, he’s a good hombre

Been away from riding (sold my bike) for a few years now, but over the last few weeks the 2024 Yamaha XSR900 has been on my mind quite a bit. 👌😏✌️View attachment 66613

Anybody has an XSR 900? How do you like it?
I do like the look of Z900RS more, but the motor in the XSR is the clear winner here.

1710608358826.png

I would like to know how the new gen mt09s are, the old ones had non sport bike geometry and had lots of understeering

Looks nice.

Good lord I hope they crate it well before shipping it though, especially if they're using a cheap LTL carrier. I've seen how this stuff gets handled by a lot of cheap LTL companies, and unfortunately the odds of it arriving looking like that are not high if they don't crate it.

Why did they open the crate there? Pre-pdi or just a representative bike opened and all buyers get the same pic to show them that bikes are in country?
Wait till you hear this one.

Why did they open the crate there? Pre-pdi or just a representative bike opened and all buyers get the same pic to show them that bikes are in country?
That one is staying in Vancouver. Mine and another is being shipped (fully created) to the new dealer in Ontario where i will pick up mine. In the crate.

That one is staying in Vancouver. Mine and another is being shipped (fully created) to the new dealer in Ontario where i will pick up mine. In the crate.
Correction. There is no Ontario dealer yet. One is just going on display at DSP to create a buzz.( where i will pick mine up)

My bf surprised me with a 2024 Aprilia RS660 Extrema for my birthday!
All I did was cry for 10 mins before I could even squeak out a thank you.

I told him I never dreamed of a bike like this because 1. I can't afford it and 2. It's a bike you look at on a poster... not in your garage. Meaning it's a dream bike that I never even imagined I'd ever ride nevermind own.

I'm so grateful and he's even getting his license this year to be able to ride with me. 🥰

I just had to share because I'm so overwhelmed with excitement and can't wait for the season to start!

Screenshot_20240308_171605_Instagram.jpg

My bf surprised me with a 2024 Aprilia RS660 Extrema for my birthday!
All I did was cry for 10 mins before I could even squeak out a thank you.

I told him I never dreamed of a bike like this because 1. I can't afford it and 2. It's a bike you look at on a poster... not in your garage. Meaning it's a dream bike that I never even imagined I'd ever ride nevermind own.

I'm so grateful and he's even getting his license this year to be able to ride with me. 🥰

I just had to share because I'm so overwhelmed with excitement and can't wait for the season to start!

View attachment 66784
He's a keeper!

Back
Top Bottom