Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 443 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

Yowza….50k…

It doesn't look awful and ridiculous weight is better in a trike than a boss hoss. Driving it around just off idle is balls. If you only want 30 hp, you could have made it many hundreds of pounds lighter and more fun. I don't know what the right price is but I suspect he'll have trouble getting close to 50.

Do you think this has any rear suspension at all
Good question. No obvious movement when he hits the lip transitioning from driveway to road.

There are also 100 other reasons that it can't get a legitimate safety as it sits.

EDIT:
I'll also be shocked if you can give it the beans without almost instant temperature issues. Not sure where the rad is, probably laying almost flat in the tail. Not the ideal location for that much power with a small obstructed rad.

Last edited:
"Corvette" is a pretty broad description but i betcha it has A frame, independent rear suspension... so YEAH it would help.

... no word on IF the thing is plated
It has a motorcycle plate on it (mounted facing the sky feet from the rear of the bike and not obviously lit). I can't see how it passed a legitimate safety though.

I have friends who have or had trikes. Custom builds (most of them are) are difficult to impossible to insure.

Yowza….50k…

It looks like it's well done, relative to what it is of course.

I agree with GG about certification and licensing and also insurance.

When I see something like this I think there's going to be someone who, while they might have enough money to comfortably afford to buy it will one day afterwards look at it and say, "How could I have been THIS stupid?"

"Corvette" is a pretty broad description but i betcha it has A frame, independent rear suspension... so YEAH it would help.

In car circles, "rear end" usually only refers to the rear diff.

For that money, a Boss Hoss would at least be a 2-wheeler, and somewhat "proven" vs a home-built question mark.

Looks pretty cool as rolling art but not a enjoyable ride I am sure and probably really loud.

Or they're just lazy and incompetent.

Really makes you want to buy their "1000 horsepower" car when they can't even take photos competently.

You guys are sleepin - "1999 Kawasaki zx6r fully custom" $50,000

What in the trailer park is going on with that thing? The ad goes on and on about the paint job...

Seller: "As you can see it has custom paint from “Doggy”. The paint is 36 layers thick with chrome illusion flames. Trimmed with “house of colours” paint. The final layers had Dupont powdered additive creating a “glow in the dark” effect."

Me: Looks like it was dropped at about 60kph and slid down the 401 on it's side.

1710621248303.png

You guys are sleepin - "1999 Kawasaki zx6r fully custom" $50,000
Wow.

All I can guess; perhaps he plans to light it on fire, and claim insurance.

"See, its worth $50 grand!"

Or pay some douche to have it stolen.

Perhaps he meant $5,000?

Maybe he's smoking meth...

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Unless he's got an appraisal showing that value and is actually paying insurance on that value (Neither seem likely), insurance is going to be all like "Yeah, we found a bunch of 1999's for between $3500 and $5000, so here's a cheque for $4250, have a nice day!".

Engine mods and paint job by "doggy" must add $40,000 in value somehow. I know engine work is expensive and I've no idea how much what he says has been done would actually cost, but without blueprints for all we know it was slapped together by a bunch of hacks.

But....all I see everytime I look at the photos is "why is the paint worn through to the primer on the sides?"

1710633238960.png

And who TF is "doggy"? When I search Google for "Doggy custom paint" and "Doggy custom airbrushing" all I get results for is a lot of crappy dog artwork.

1710633485071.png

This is all too funny. Definitely a top knotch submission for the thread lol

Unless he's got an appraisal showing that value and is actually paying insurance on that value (Neither seem likely), insurance is going to be all like "Yeah, we found a bunch of 1999's for between $3500 and $5000, so here's a cheque for $4250, have a nice day!".

Engine mods and paint job by "doggy" must add $40,000 in value somehow. I know engine work is expensive and I've no idea how much what he says has been done would actually cost, but without blueprints for all we know it was slapped together by a bunch of hacks.

But....all I see everytime I look at the photos is "why is the paint worn through to the primer on the sides?"

View attachment 66620

And who TF is "doggy"? When I search Google for "Doggy custom paint" and "Doggy custom airbrushing" all I get results for is a lot of crappy dog artwork.

View attachment 66621

Is that thing that looks like a frame slider the ignition cylinder? First thing that hits on a tipover is the key? I am assuming that is part of the "custom" work?

Wow.

Or pay some douche to have it stolen.

Perhaps he meant $5,000?

Maybe he's smoking meth...

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Or….’look honey! As promised the bike is for sale. But no one wants it! Maybe I should just keep it instead of losing money….’

View attachment 66620

View attachment 66621

And further to your points, who decides to spend all that money mechanically then to get an expensive custom paint job and says, "The base color should be beige."?

The color belongs on a K-Car.

Kids these days....

And further to your points, who decides to spend all that money mechanically then to get an expensive custom paint job and says, "The base color should be beige."?

The color belongs on a K-Car.

Kids these days....

The owner appears to be in his late 50's or early 60's however. 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom