Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 260 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

he'll be testing the waters for a loooong time.

Might need a lifejacket

I agree with that. A refined VTEC lets the light bike punch above it's weight and hell ...a VFOUR!!!

http://www.visordown.com/features/road-tests/first-rides/first-ride-2006-honda-vfr800-vtec-abs

Honda face planted dropping the 800 and only recently corrected it with a re-issue.

When you consider what boring CBF600s go for, $5k for an 800 Interceptor is not overpriced.

A current one is $15k
https://canadamotoguide.com/2014/02/04/vfr-cbr650f-confirmed-canada/

It's always been on my wish list but I prefer the seating position on the CBF1000 and it's power curve is tamer without the Vtech "rush".

Last edited:
no

Clutch Fluid Reservoir...what Is This? - Sixth Generation VFR's ...
https://www.vfrdiscussion.com › ... › VFR Models › Sixth Generation VFR's
Feb 14, 2015 - 14 posts - ‎8 authors
Hi guys, This is a picture of my clutch fluid reservoir from my 2002 VFR. I bought the bike a year ago, put 3000km on it before having to store in ..

[video=youtube;sDe2_i0fEXc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDe2_i0fEXc[/video]

he says this in ad "- oil change at the end of each season"

then 2 below that he says "- Clutch fluid changed in 2017"

clutch fluid? A VFR has clutch fluid? is that like the blinker fluid?
a typo i guess and he meant to say brake fluid?

VFR’s are equipped with a hydraulic clutch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe not that much overpriced
it is a very nice specimen
and those things have a cult following

we have a few Honda fanbois here that would pay that :)

Cult following - maybe a bit - but not so much that particular gen. Also new ones were not selling at all. My friend bought his for $3,000 under the MSRP. Honda neglected the VFR for years and what they came up with most recently was underwhelming. A bit less bloated then previous gen but no gear driven cams, exhaust blocking the wheel, V-Tec that nobody needs, zero gain on power.

Last edited:
Cult following - maybe a bit - but not so much that particular gen. Also new ones were not selling at all. My friend bought his for $3,000 under the MSRP. Honda neglected the VFR for years and what they came up with most recently was underwhelming. A bit less bloated then previous gen but no gear driven cams, exhaust blocking the wheel, V-Tec that nobody needs, zero gain on power.

Are you talking 1200 or 800 ??- the 800 was only renewed recently in Canada. 1200 was piggy.

Earlier version Bike of the Year
https://canadamotoguide.com/2003/01/26/19620/

Last edited:
Last edited:
Are you talking 1200 or 800 ??- the 800 was only renewed recently in Canada. 1200 was piggy.

Earlier version Bike of the Year
https://canadamotoguide.com/2003/01/26/19620/

1200 is more of a whale than a piggy.
Yes, 800. The 2002 gen gained weight and V-Tec, lost gear driven cams.
Comfortable bike but handles kinda like a train. Smooth but not super responsive. Power delivery a bit whack too.
I liked the 5th gen better (over 6th) to be honest.
The newest one looks neat but is not innovative in any way and barely any improvements have been made.
It also did not sell well at all. There were 2 year old models sitting at every dealer I went to when my buddy was shopping around. Crazy discounts too.
I always liked VFRs but like I said, seems it’s not a priority for Honda.
That’s how I ended up with the Fazer8 as a touring replacement for my ‘98 VFR.

As for bike of the year - remember Neon was a car of the year too. ;)

What do you guys think of $5000 for a 2013 V Star 650 with less than 4000 km on it? I am debating getting it, as an upgrade from my CBR 300R Abs model. The guy has pretty dope exhaust pipes but other than that everything is stock. Checked it out, looks really clean and well maintained. The guy says he is upgrading to 1200 cc+, so he is selling it.

LMAO, I kinda already decided on it, just looking for second opinions at this point.

Last edited:
What do you guys think of $5000 for a 2013 V Star 650 with less than 4000 km on it? I am debating getting it, as an upgrade from my CBR 300R Abs model. The guy has pretty dope exhaust pipes but other than that everything is stock. Checked it out, looks really clean and well maintained. The guy says he is upgrading to 1200 cc+, so he is selling it.

LMAO, I kinda already decided on it, just looking for second opinions at this point.

I am not sure it is an upgrade, more a lateral move to an entirely different style of bike. Your Honda is probably faster and handles better and stops better and has abs. If you want a cruiser, the vstar 650 is a decent bike (I have no idea on pricing so I can't help you there). Personally, if I was looking for a cruiser as a second bike, I would be looking at 750-900cc (insurance permitting) so it had the stones to fight its' way out of a wet paper bag.

I am debating getting it, as an upgrade from my CBR 300R Abs model.

There is a CBF1000 around for $3500 that's a much better upgrade for you.

$_59.JPG

certified with bags - no brainer .... https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...0a/1353624528?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

If insurance is affordable, thats a good bike. Comes certified too

Ask about maintenance records, miles don't matter as much as sheer number of owners and maintenance.

See when the valves were last checked?

The guy says he has never taken the bike to a mechanic, and he did all the oil, filter changes and maintenance himself. He even told me he changed the exhaust, added windshield and did the maintenance by himself. Looking at the maintenance on the bike, the cleanliness and everything, I figured he knew what he was doing. But I asked him to take it to Rosey Toes for safety so that they can tell me if he lacked anything on the maintenance. I cant buy anything above 750cc (Called Dalton Timmis, they said above 750 is gonna be 3500+, and 750 is 2200 for a young m2 rider), so i was debating on either V star 650, or Honda Shadow 750, one of the 2. I feel like I had sports for 2 years, might try a cruiser this time around.

I see a ton of 750s around, but I feel that anything above 10-20k mileage will require a lot more money on maintenance and stuff to offset the cost of buying one with less mileage.

Last edited:
I suggest looking at the 650 twins then(if insurance is an issue), ninja 650/versys, fz 07, sv650s etc

Very capable bikes, probably more so than the vstar 650

there may be a very clean and touring equipped '15 FJ-09 available shortly
30K on the odo, Givi luggage, Madstad touring screen, heated grips
absolutely mint, will need nothing....no idea on value, yet

I see a ton of 750s around, but I feel that anything above 10-20k mileage will require a lot more money on maintenance and stuff to offset the cost of buying one with less mileage.

don't go by mileage...lots of bikes like that CBF1000 will do hundreds of thousands of miles.
Others not and much depends on maintenance.
Vstroms are incredibly long lived.

Back
Top Bottom