Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 232 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

Better go get it before the price goes up LOL !!! He sacrificed four XS650s and four animal traps to build that beauty plus all that custom work. I wonder how "negotiational" he is on the price ?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I emailed "Hammer" through Craigslist and asked him (seriously) "Is this a joke?". No response.

So... now that I'm home I had to check this out in all it's bigscreen glory.

A "professional custom build" that needs the gas tank repainted, has a seat that looks like someone wrapped an old gym bag around a chunk of foam, the heat tape on the exhaust is all ratty and held on with plumbing pipe clamps, the engine is basically tremclad over the aluminum (complete with rust showing through, and one half of the case over not even painted) a headlight that's not even attached to the bike (missing in one pic, he's holding it in place in another), the exhaust is painted white on one side and black on the other, and there's white and blue paint all over the front tire.

That thing is a train wreck. I guess the definition of "Professional" must be different in Tennessee.

Hey, guess who replied? Hammer!

I know the colors are too vibrant and the paint is almost an inside joke. I did the goofy paint to prove a point. When I built it, many test miles and put it together, I pretty much flat black spray bombed everything. For years everywhere I took it all the "Sunday Bikers" would always call it a rat bike and no matter what I said or showed them, they couldn't get past the lack of paint to see it. The bike is meant to be just flat out wild and crazy. But I promise you it is not a joke. As soon as I get a few hours to finish assembly I will have it in the wind!
I'm betting that when I go back to the same places and probably the exact same people won't say anything close to "rat bike"!!
It's not supposed to fit inside the box!
You're welcome to call me so I could explain anything about you would like to know.

From Hammer's iPhone

It gets better. He emailed me about 2 or 3 more times overnight complete with more pictures. Will post later.

Is it just me, or do his bar ends appear to be brass doorknobs?

I like the bagger. Not $52 grand like. But like nonetheless.
Fyi, when you're as frugal / cheap as I am, pretty much every bike is stupidly overpriced.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

"Leader" bike for sale...

b2a6e0161ade0f28a01238d7344f6c21.jpg

8c8df09fc8ae0137f5b7659593e57623.jpg

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...aign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom