Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 210 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

Considering there are few listed at $5,000 or lower. Good luck bud!

Anyone who actually knows bikes is going to glance over your ad at this rate. List it for $5000 and take reasonable offers. Why list is for $7000 so people think they get a deal at $5000? If you really want to sell it post it for an appealing price and people who are serious will flock to it, won't have to deal with the idiots.

I sold my last motorcycle in a week from posting because I was real with the pricing and when it came to negotiations it only dropped $200 bucks and I covered the safety. The buyer realized it was a clean bike and was priced fair from the start.

Sold in 6 days for $6400. Cheers fellas!

Sold in 6 days for $6400. Cheers fellas!
Just shows the guys in this thread don't know what they're talking about. This thread should be renamed from "Stupidly overpriced motorcycles for sale" thread to "What I wish motorcycles were priced at so I could afford them" thread. :thumbup:

Just shows the guys in this thread don't know what they're talking about. This thread should be renamed from "Stupidly overpriced motorcycles for sale" thread to "What I wish motorcycles were priced at so I could afford them" thread. :thumbup:

Man, do you feel validated or what? Good feeling, eh? Enjoy. It's on us.

BTW, I sold my left shoe in 2 days for $8,000. Skechers. True story.

Doesn't matter that you can get them for $60 in the store for a pair.

Last edited:
Man, do you feel validated or what? Good feeling, eh? Enjoy. It's on us.

BTW, I sold my left shoe in 2 days for $8,000. Skechers. True story.

Doesn't matter that you can get them for $60 in the store for a pair.
If he had listened to the "helpful" advice in this thread and listed it for $5000 it would have cost him $1400. Luckily he didn't listen. Clearly the people posting in this thread have no clue what the market values for bikes are.

Look at this genius, selling a 10 year old bike for 5500, says everything is 'refreshed' and all the parts have been replaced, motor is rebuild or new, clearly states bike has been stunted and abused. Oh and the pics are horrible too

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-tourin...to/1242726600?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
Yeah hilarious. Stunt parts, will only trade for a stunt bike. Who knows how many original km but it's "rebuilt" by an unknown person. What a great bike. I'd be surprised if he got more than $3500.

If he had listened to the "helpful" advice in this thread and listed it for $5000 it would have cost him $1400. Luckily he didn't listen. Clearly the people posting in this thread have no clue what the market values for bikes are.

I guess there is a sucker born every day. Glad the seller got a good price for his bike, not what I would have paid.

Just shows the guys in this thread don't know what they're talking about. This thread should be renamed from "Stupidly overpriced motorcycles for sale" thread to "What I wish motorcycles were priced at so I could afford them" thread.

I own a street bike and a track bike so nice try ;)

2000 SV650s

Emailed. Motor out head off can't get it back together. Firm on $1000 "I know what they are worth"

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-tourin...ke/1241705328?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Lol, he said that in an email?

gotta love those, right up there with

"Tastefully modified"
"Lady/female driven"
"My Baby/Babied"
"I know what they are worth"

Read that one before a while back, someone trying to sell an Fz 07, it seems the sellers think if its a popular bike(Or once popular bike) they "Know what they are worth" irrespective of the age/condition/mileage of the bike.

Eg. Fz 07, crashed, written off in quebec, put back together, "I know what its worth"

Last edited:
Yeah I know, although that one last night for $5500 disappeared quick and it was a dumpster fire. Wonder if he removed it.

Will bet you the ones posted here get spammed/trolled hard (as they should be) and the owner either removes it or wakes up to reality and updates the prices.

1. It wasn't advice, it was a commentary.
2. We don't know what he sold his bike for, only what he claimed he sold his bike for.
3. It was listed at $2,000-$2,500 higher than the average similar vehicle.
4. If he, in fact, found a sucker to pay the inflated price, then good for him, doesn't change the fact that the price was inflated.
5. This thread is clearly not for you. If it causes you that much pain and misery, kindly stay away!

2. We don't know what he sold his bike for, only what he claimed he sold his bike for.
4. If he, in fact, found a sucker to pay the inflated price, then good for him, doesn't change the fact that the price was inflated.
5. This thread is clearly not for you. If it causes you that much pain and misery, kindly stay away!
^^^
Preach.

Or

Hallelujah

Looks like someone is triggered :D

You were wrong, you completely misjudged the value of that guy's bike. The classy thing to do would be to admit you were wrong.

FYI, the value of something isn't what YOU would pay for it, but what the market will pay for it. I also woudln't pay 6400 for a 11 year old R6 but many people out there will so why not try to get the most you can.

You were wrong, you completely misjudged the value of that guy's bike. The classy thing to do would be to admit you were wrong.

FYI, the value of something isn't what YOU would pay for it, but what the market will pay for it. I also woudln't pay 6400 for a 11 year old R6 but many people out there will so why not try to get the most you can.

Prove that someone paid $6400 for it

Yes, and the market doesn't pay $1,500 more than the average asking price.
This thread is titled "overpriced motorcycle" not "I got lucky (or I lied)."
Maybe you can comprehand that. If not then for the last time - maybe this thread is not for you? Ignore it.

Back
Top Bottom