Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 158 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

I just sold my 09 ZX6R with 38,000km for 4700. It was on the market for over a year asking 5500 then 5000. The first guy to ever come look at it bought it. 5000 wasn't even low enough for anyone to come look with that many kilometers. It's reality. If anything, it taught me on my next purchase to just show up ready to pay and offer 20% off and walk if they don't go 10% off. I was getting impatient enough that I'd have sold for 4000. Sure the fairings were scratched but anyone reading the ad wouldn't know that and if the fairings were off you'd think it was a brand new bike. The only looker who ever found out there were scratches was the guy that came and bought it.

Another example is when I sold my 250. It was what most would agree to be "mint". 10,000 km on a 2011, all black, all the dooshy hooligan mods any noob wants already done with brand new pirellis; not one contact until I dropped the price below 3500. Sold for 3400. That was 2 years ago. First to show up bought it.

Spouting all this so people who are trying to sell can straighten their pricing out.

It's not that bad.

2002 HONDA CBR600F4i

Retail Low: $3,848.00 Retail High: $4,680.00

The custom should used only when you have 1 off pieces added to your bike, paint jobs etc!

Not tinted wind screens or levers lol!

I recently put in an offer of $5800 on a bike asking $6500.

The owner declined and stated it was "worth" $6500. After 4 months on the market, I would argue what a bike is worth is what people are willing to pay, not some arbitrary number.

I don't think litre bike sellers realize how small the market is for litre bikes due to insurance costs.

I'd like to see more of a structure like eBay to sell bikes in the GTA (I know Ebay owns Kijiji). Auctions actually tell you what something is worth when you see real offers. Very few bikes in Canada get listed on eBay.

I recently put in an offer of $5800 on a bike asking $6500.

The owner declined and stated it was "worth" $6500. After 4 months on the market, I would argue what a bike is worth is what people are willing to pay, not some arbitrary number.

+1. People can say things are worth whatever they want. It's just an opinion. They're only right when they can find a buyer with cash or a seller who has one who agrees.

I just sold my 09 ZX6R with 38,000km for 4700. It was on the market for over a year asking 5500 then 5000. The first guy to ever come look at it bought it. 5000 wasn't even low enough for anyone to come look with that many kilometers. It's reality. If anything, it taught me on my next purchase to just show up ready to pay and offer 20% off and walk if they don't go 10% off. I was getting impatient enough that I'd have sold for 4000. Sure the fairings were scratched but anyone reading the ad wouldn't know that and if the fairings were off you'd think it was a brand new bike. The only looker who ever found out there were scratches was the guy that came and bought it.

Another example is when I sold my 250. It was what most would agree to be "mint". 10,000 km on a 2011, all black, all the dooshy hooligan mods any noob wants already done with brand new pirellis; not one contact until I dropped the price below 3500. Sold for 3400. That was 2 years ago. First to show up bought it.

Spouting all this so people who are trying to sell can straighten their pricing out.

Yours is not Honduh!!!!!

Lol at those cbr600rr..... They must be so damn rare for the asking price...... I mean $8000 for 2008 " mint" cbr600rr.

On another note i was searching for a mv agusta f3 as second bike to do errands in my city ( pussy magnets you know) and this one seller raised $1000 when i show up. I literally laughed at his face and walked. His asking price was $16k then $17k.

My lil brother put an offer in on a bike, based on how long it was on the market, and what comps sold for. The guy declined. My brother left his number. A few months later the guy calls my brother to see if he was still interested. My bro says yeah, but at $xxx less now. The guy sold it to him.

My lil brother put an offer in on a bike, based on how long it was on the market, and what comps sold for. The guy declined. My brother left his number. A few months later the guy calls my brother to see if he was still interested. My bro says yeah, but at $xxx less now. The guy sold it to him.

Happened to me once. Except he doesnt want to give me the VIN because its a "rare" bike. I said. You van keep it. Wonder if he sold it ...the bike deserve a better care...

Can we have a rule? Unless you welded it yourself, you're not allowed to use the word 'Custom'

The only word I hate used more in ads than MINT, is CUSTOM.

(RARE is tied for 2nd)

I have a pet peeve with "streetfighter conversion", which of course means they dropped the bike and were too broke to fix it properly.
K3lVqFM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom