Story time - | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Story time -

There were several nice cafe'd CX's at last years Mod n Rockers event downtown.

bg42yx.jpg

This is SOOOOOO SWEEEEETTTT!!!

404 cafe not found!

Yeah I don't get it. You had a tune-up done and put a new headlight on and it's a cafe racer? Doesn't look much like the inspiration picture.

I'll bet (just maybe) that it's not cheap to have someone customize a bike for you. Riding now and saving money for future changes is way better than leaving a half finished bike in the shop. If you'd read the whole thread, you'd see that it's a WIP.

Yeah I don't get it. You had a tune-up done and put a new headlight on and it's a cafe racer? Doesn't look much like the inspiration picture.

Seat is on order - similar to this:
1978_1981_Honda_CX500_Deluxe_Standard_with_modified_seat_pan_4__93486.1384619224.1280.1280.JPG

Shocks are sitting at Adrians, so is the rear tail light and signals. Back end needs to be chopped before all that can go together - waiting on the seat first to start.

This is more of a progress build.. wanted to get the mechanicals 100% before moving onto cosmetics and I will have some pictures to share along the way.

I'll bet (just maybe) that it's not cheap to have someone customize a bike for you. Riding now and saving money for future changes is way better than leaving a half finished bike in the shop. If you'd read the whole thread, you'd see that it's a WIP.

Yes exactly. Too nice outside to be bikeless.

Can't wait to get these on:
7420d1389313061-my-new-me-80-cx500-deluxe-imageuploadedbytapatalk1389313060.342912.jpg

What kind of shocks? About how much? I'm looking for my 1975 cb750.

What kind of shocks? About how much? I'm looking for my 1975 cb750.

Schneller, I'm not 100% which shocks these are as Adrian had ordered a set for himself and subsequently for me. I saw the set he previously ordered and instantly wanted it. IIRC they are sold in Black/Silver and Black/Gold.

Give him a shout or PM me if you need details.

Those are RFY 320's. They are an Ohlins chinese knock off, but WAY more affordable. From what I've heard and read, they work fine. And you can buy 10 pair for the price of 1 set of Ohlins.

Those are RFY 320's. They are an Ohlins chinese knock off, but WAY more affordable. From what I've heard and read, they work fine. And you can buy 10 pair for the price of 1 set of Ohlins.

Thank you!

V. nice.

I'm patiently waiting for my seat to come in from overseas. Will be about 3 weeks or so, and then ALL the chopping up begins!

Funny enough.. I feel a bit of guilt chopping up such a pristine bike. Everywhere I go, I have a bunch of older guys coming over to congratulate me on finding one in great condition. :confused:

sutu3a2u.jpg

Chilly ride but she's rock solid. Everywhere I go, older gentlemen stop to chat and reminisce about the 70 's and 80's. Lmao

Then I take off my helmet and they are surprised to see a younger (I use the term loosely) guy riding.

Love this bike. Still not used to the lack of bottom end power coming from a 600SS

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I thought the V twin would have more bottem end grunt than an SS that needs to be spooled up some before the power comes on tap.

Back
Top Bottom