SOAR & RACE make big announcement at motorcycle supershow !? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

SOAR & RACE make big announcement at motorcycle supershow !?

Sounds cool. Couple questions. About going to the other series to steal some points if you DNF, is it like a top six points scenario at either series? Or are there restrictions on that? Only allowed points once from the other series? Hope that makes sense.

Also, this one is purely for myself. Are there any rule changes for lost era?

Fantastic! Looking forward to it.

Quick question, having ran one Race weekend last year, one of the most noticeable differences between the two series is the qualifying structure - SOAR does a 6/8 lap race for grid position and RACE does MotoGp style qualifying, each class out for 15 min and the best time grids first for the Race.

Are there any changes happening on this front?

Sounds cool. Couple questions. About going to the other series to steal some points if you DNF, is it like a top six points scenario at either series? Or are there restrictions on that? Only allowed points once from the other series? Hope that makes sense.

Also, this one is purely for myself. Are there any rule changes for lost era?

No there will be a minimum points total reqd to get invited to the championship runoff. Say you need 40 pts for the invite (made up number for purpose of explanation) and you only have 36........ You can go to a RACE round and try to pick up the 4 you need to get the invite. Once at the runoff EVERYONE is at zero and its a one weekend race to determine the champions.
At the moment the only change to LE possibly could be eligibility reduced to 10 from 12 (still not decided) as RACE sportsman uses 10yrs Chris is checking last years RACE entries and seeing how many 10yo bikes were involved. Most bikes are already beyond our 12yo rule so that will decide the rule.

At the moment the only change to LE possibly could be eligibility reduced to 10 from 12 (still not decided) as RACE sportsman uses 10yrs Chris is checking last years RACE entries and seeing how many 10yo bikes were involved. Most bikes are already beyond our 12yo rule so that will decide the rule.
That means my 2006 GSXR would qualify for lost era this season! Since it is the same bike as the 05, Interestingggggg

No there will be a minimum points total reqd to get invited to the championship runoff. Say you need 40 pts for the invite (made up number for purpose of explanation) and you only have 36........ You can go to a RACE round and try to pick up the 4 you need to get the invite. Once at the runoff EVERYONE is at zero and its a one weekend race to determine the champions.

Wow that's a huge change, some of us already bought/built bikes that just became 12 years old in preparation for this season.

Quick question, having ran one Race weekend last year, one of the most noticeable differences between the two series is the qualifying structure - SOAR does a 6/8 lap race for grid position and RACE does MotoGp style qualifying, each class out for 15 min and the best time grids first for the Race.

Each org will continue using whatever they wish operationally. Meaning scheduling, race combos, gridding procedures etc. I cant answer to that.
I know RACE will not be doing endurance races for instance while we will be. Also Nupeed, Vintage, Open and Endurance are not included in Championship. This was decided as vintage has their own series (VRRA) and is just a complimentary class at RACE and SOAR for whatever few bikes come out. Open is simply a second SBK class to give the litre bike crowd a second race. Endurance as we are only series running them. Nuspeed as its not a points accumulating class.

That means my 2006 GSXR would qualify for lost era this season! Since it is the same bike as the 05, Interestingggggg

UMMMMM NO!

All new bike. The 2006-year's GSX-R600 has a new engine and new chassi. The 2006 GSX-R600 is lighter, faster and more powerful than any of the earlier models. Scaled down in size but with a significant increase in power, the 2006 Suzuki GSX-R600 is now 15 mm shorter in overall length, and 25 mm shorter in overall height. The seat is 15 mm lower, and the footpegs can be moved into three different positions within a 14 mm horizontal and vertical angle.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-3][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-3]
3x3_transparent.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
The 600 as well as the 750 got a new fuel-injection system with twin injectors, the throttle bodies measuring 40mm on the 600 and 42mm on the 750. I've heard that the earlier design of dual-trottle system had some mechanical problems, that mainly could be fixed through regulary lubrication.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-3][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-3]
3x3_transparent.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
The 2006 model has a 5% improvement in aerodynamics, with a better power-to-weight ratio, wide powerband, and instant throttle response. This is a supersports bike with massive attitude and unrivalled charisma.
3x3_transparent.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
The instrument cluster features now a gear position indicator.
Colors: White/Blue, Red/Black, Black/Gray, Silver/White

Paulo is talking about 05-06 gsxr 1000 for Lost era heavy.

05-06 gsxr1000 same bike

05-06 gsxr600 different bikes.

Last edited:

It never used to be that way, it was always a qualifier race and for some reason was changed this year in AM SBK only, I'm assuming to help certain people that were competing in CSBK.

Dont panic yet its been talked about NOT done yet.

I won't panic but definitely very concerned my investment in this season could be severely diminished.

And the explanation on scooping some points at the other series makes sense, thanks.

Yes, the 600 is different, the liter is not
UMMMMM NO!

All new bike. The 2006-year's GSX-R600 has a new engine and new chassi. The 2006 GSX-R600 is lighter, faster and more powerful than any of the earlier models. Scaled down in size but with a significant increase in power, the 2006 Suzuki GSX-R600 is now 15 mm shorter in overall length, and 25 mm shorter in overall height. The seat is 15 mm lower, and the footpegs can be moved into three different positions within a 14 mm horizontal and vertical angle.
[SIZE=-3][SIZE=-3]
3x3_transparent.gif
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

The 600 as well as the 750 got a new fuel-injection system with twin injectors, the throttle bodies measuring 40mm on the 600 and 42mm on the 750. I've heard that the earlier design of dual-trottle system had some mechanical problems, that mainly could be fixed through regulary lubrication.
[SIZE=-3][SIZE=-3]
3x3_transparent.gif
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

The 2006 model has a 5% improvement in aerodynamics, with a better power-to-weight ratio, wide powerband, and instant throttle response. This is a supersports bike with massive attitude and unrivalled charisma.
[SIZE=-3][SIZE=-3]
3x3_transparent.gif
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

The instrument cluster features now a gear position indicator.
Colors: White/Blue, Red/Black, Black/Gray, Silver/White

Last edited:

My two cents. Just some constructive feedback.

The rules for Sportsman/LE should be updated to reflect the technology gap between current bikes and the intent of the class. If the 10 or 12 year gap continues as it traditionally has the Sportsman or LE classes will cease to be what they were originally intended to be. 2003-2005 is the start of what I'd consider the modern sport bike era with sophisticated fuel injection, inverted forks, radial brakes, etc, etc.

Even without any rule changes the 2016 LE season would see 2004 ZX10Rs, 2004 CBR1000RRs and 2004 R1s eligible for LE. Those bikes are not "Lost Era" in the sense that the class is intended to be. They are still competitive in the Superbike classes with current bikes. Changing to a 10 year delay would mean that Luke's Superbike is LE eligible as of now. Seems a little silly to me. I think it would be prudent to consider a future rule change to clearly establish that Lost Era bikes are actually from a Lost Era.

Yes, the 600 is different, the liter is not

So? What's your point? You realize there are three other manufacturers, right?

Last edited:
So? What's your point? You realize there are there other manufacturers, right?
Answering to Ken's post where he said the 2005 GSXR 600 and the 2006 GSXR 600 are different bikes when I was talking about the 2006 GSXR 1000 and not the 600.

Is that directed at me?
If this question was directed at me, the answer is no!

Last edited:
My two cents. Just some constructive feedback.

The rules for Sportsman/LE should be updated to reflect the technology gap between current bikes and the intent of the class. If the 10 or 12 year gap continues as it traditionally has the Sportsman or LE classes will cease to be what they were originally intended to be. 2003-2005 is the start of what I'd consider the modern sport bike era with sophisticated fuel injection, inverted forks, radial brakes, etc, etc.

Even without any rule changes the 2016 LE season would see 2004 ZX10Rs, 2004 CBR1000RRs and 2004 R1s eligible for LE. Those bikes are not "Lost Era" in the sense that the class is intended to be. They are still competitive in the Superbike classes with current bikes. Changing to a 10 year delay would mean that Luke's Superbike is LE eligible as of now. Seems a little silly to me. I think it would be prudent to consider a future rule change to clearly establish that Lost Era bikes are actually from a Lost Era.

Somewhat agree, however as happens in VRRA all the time people's perception of what is and isnt old is attached to their own age. You ask an 18 yo whats old you get a VERY differnt answer than someone late twenties and early thirties, then again to someone late forties to fifties.......... The twelve year was picked for a particular reason . When we started in 09 12 years kept the R1 out for a year to give the class a chance to establish before a ground breaking bike was introduced. Its a revolving class to replicate history. As new bikes are eligible they will change the platform and some become dominant and some fall back just as they did 12 years ago. Once again this is just being talked about I suspect we will remain 12 as I doubt that there are a flood of 10yo bikes running RACE Sportsman classes thats whats being looked at by Chris right now.

Answering to Ken post where he said the 2005 GSXR 600 and the 2006 GSXR 600 are different bikes when I was talking about the 2006 GSXR 1000 and not the 600.

If this question was directed at me, the answer is no!

Gotcha, all good. A bunch of posts went in there by the time i replied

Once again this is just being talked about I suspect we will remain 12 as I doubt that there are a flood of 10yo bikes running RACE Sportsman classes thats whats being looked at by Chris right now.

Good to hear, thanks. There are many 12 year old bikes running sportsman at RACE, but zero 10 year old bikes running lost era are SOAR. We'd be the ones taking the hit.

Back
Top Bottom