So who's building a 300 track bike? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

So who's building a 300 track bike?

ok so after 4-5 laps you get passed. still not even comparable.

So far Justin's 400 Bandit and CBR250s have been on the podium at RACE. The exception was an RS125 (I think that's what Cote had) but there was discussion due to his lap times that it was not "production" in nature and we have not seen it on the grid since.

It is a difficult task for Ken and Chris to create and manage this low cc class to ensure that it has grid #s as a legitimate class while also desiring competitive racing.

So far Justin's 400 Bandit and CBR250s have been on the podium at RACE. The exception was an RS125 (I think that's what Cote had) but there was discussion due to his lap times that it was not "production" in nature and we have not seen it on the grid since.

It is a difficult task for Ken and Chris to create and manage this low cc class to ensure that it has grid #s as a legitimate class while also desiring competitive racing.
oh i know which is why the csbk was so exciting till they went the complete opposite extreme. It will most likely fail and everyone will complain there was no interest. Same **** as always.

oh i know which is why the csbk was so exciting till they went the complete opposite extreme. It will most likely fail and everyone will complain there was no interest. Same **** as always.

Here's hoping that it still generates enough interest in racing 300s that the 300 grid in RACE can gain some numbers (and maybe a new grid in SOAR).

Most of the attitudes in here are very off putting to new people. hence the main reason I didn't continue with racing. I just don't like talking to most of you.

As for lightweight superbike there have been one or two SV's that have entered but they haven't won. It's mostly been a battle between Brian's FZR400 and Jordan's RC390. A quick guy on a 300 would be competitive imo.

Kyle, that is Lightweight Superbike, not Lightweight Production.

By the way, Jordan's RC390 would not meet the rules of Lightweight Production as I understand the rules.

Kyle, that is Lightweight Superbike, not Lightweight Production.

By the way, Jordan's RC390 would not meet the rules of Lightweight Production as I understand the rules.
Yes I know. I feel like I have been pretty clear is naming which one I was referring to in each post.

Production would be the best fit for the Ninja 300, SOAR just hasn't seen the entries to run it(I assume). Superbike definitely allows faster stuff like SV650's but the results have not shown them to be the fastest bikes out there.

All good

Yes I know. I feel like I have been pretty clear is naming which one I was referring to in each post.

Production would be the best fit for the Ninja 300, SOAR just hasn't seen the entries to run it(I assume). Superbike definitely allows faster stuff like SV650's but the results have not shown them to be the fastest bikes out there.

Most of the attitudes in here are very off putting to new people. hence the main reason I didn't continue with racing. I just don't like talking to most of you.

Seriously. I'm trying to gain interest in racing my 300 and so far I've basically been told to suck it up and pay big bucks to play in CSBK (and to sell my 300 I've already prepped and buy one of the cookie cutter bikes from Kawi) or to compete against bigger bikes in regional clubs.

Not looking for cheese with my whine but come on... Just telling me "SOAR", "RACE" and copy/pasting lacking bits of info from their respective sites doesn't exactly help a noobie.

There's no info about the 300 production classes on their sites and I had no idea they even existed until bakaboy mentioned them.

What the heck did I do?

Your later posts were helpful, thank you :)

Kawasaki should start with regional racing instead of throwing everything at the national series. These young racers and their parents will be out of money or bankrupted within a couple of years travelling across the country. By the time the kids are ready to move up to bigger bikes the money tree is already dead.

One of the best races at Mosport yesterday was unquestionably the 300 race. Contact, elbows, tight racing, drafting, all evident.

Seriously. I'm trying to gain interest in racing my 300 and so far I've basically been told to suck it up and pay big bucks to play in CSBK (and to sell my 300 I've already prepped and buy one of the cookie cutter bikes from Kawi) or to compete against bigger bikes in regional clubs.

Not looking for cheese with my whine but come on... Just telling me "SOAR", "RACE" and copy/pasting lacking bits of info from their respective sites doesn't exactly help a noobie.

There's no info about the 300 production classes on their sites and I had no idea they even existed until bakaboy mentioned them.

Your later posts were helpful, thank you :)

Just come race

Last edited:
One of the best races at Mosport yesterday was unquestionably the 300 race. Contact, elbows, tight racing, drafting, all evident.
It was the pros up front providing the excitement. Watching the journalists and friends of csbk at the back of the grid wasn't great racing. Kinda pisses me off, as Bakaboy mentioned earlier plenty of young kids could have used that opportunity to showcase at the biggest canadian road racing event of the year.

Kawasaki should start with regional racing instead of throwing everything at the national series. These young racers and their parents will be out of money or bankrupted within a couple of years travelling across the country. By the time the kids are ready to move up to bigger bikes the money tree is already dead.

I would imagine the problem there would be exposure for sponsors. If there's not enough return on sponsorship investment then it wouldn't even start. 20000+ people at Mosport yesterday, that's a lot more than come to watch SOAR and RACE.

Especially watching my 15 year old get the brush off when he personally asked for a ride.

It was the pros up front providing the excitement. Watching the journalists and friends of csbk at the back of the grid wasn't great racing. Kinda pisses me off, as Bakaboy mentioned earlier plenty of young kids could have used that opportunity to showcase at the biggest canadian road racing event of the year.

Back
Top Bottom